Duke signed to active roster

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Dumb question. Obviously Duke was activated to the roster, but did he practice with the 1st team offense all week? How does that work being activated a day before a game? 

No one knows. Not open to public or press.

Even if a coach were reading the thread, he ain’t tellin

Edited by Chandler#81
Key point

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Obviously Duke was activated to the roster, but did he practice with the 1st team offense all week?

There are no restrictions on how a team uses their practice squad players in practice.  I read here that Duke was practicing with Special Teams this week.  I'd wager he'll be active and he'll play snaps on kick coverage and a couple red zone offense plays.

YESSSS!!!!!! 

Hope he he works out the way I think he will.

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or won't be.  Things happen sometimes.

McDermott made it pretty clear in his presser that he was not happy with how some passes were not contested for.  It was commented on Twitter that he was paying close attention to the WR drills this week.

Yeah and there was a video that went with the comment.  That was the T-rex thing I mentioned.  Just ran 1 route in a 50 sec clip of a WR drill but HC McD was playing the db and I thought Duke stood out there too.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Who thinks Zay puts these numbers up in the CFL? 

No-one.

31 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Dumb question. Obviously Duke was activated to the roster, but did he practice with the 1st team offense all week? How does that work being activated a day before a game? 

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No one knows. Not open to public or press.

Even if a coach were reading the thread, he ain’t tellin

He definitely spent time catching passes from Allen, and I posted some videos this week showing it.  None of us know how much run get got with the ones, but he did get some for sure. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

We’ll see.  He looked decent in pre-season, but then some reported he had a hard time getting separation.  I would imagine as others stated he’ll be a red zone threat, but we already have size with Knox.  When Kraft gets back, I don’t know how long he lasts.

Kroft ain't coming back. Hes' been a waste of a roster spot and as soon as he hits the practice field, he'll get hurt again. We can't even trade him. Do the injury settlement and get it over with.

51 minutes ago, Speedy Beebe said:

Does this mean that if a team tries to poach Wade Buffalo can then move him to the 53?

No he can't be poached and he can't be signed to the 53. He is p.s. only this season. They had to make that decision at the final cut.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

But it's a Duke thread. There's plenty of other Zay bashing threads. Even some that were hijacked, like this one will be.

By you.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Kroft ain't coming back. Hes' been a waste of a roster spot and as soon as he hits the practice field, he'll get hurt again. We can't even trade him. Do the injury settlement and get it over with.

No he can't be poached and he can't be signed to the 53. He is p.s. only this season. They had to make that decision at the final cut.

That’s what I thought, Chandler#81 kinda confused me on it.

I thought he was going to surface against NE, but this seems to be a good move, and we expected this to happen at some point. I am rooting for the guy to help all that he can, especially in the red zone. Good show of faith in Williams by McDermott.

Edited by Rocket94