Percy Harvin high during every NFL game he played

papazoid

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

You can argue that sugar is bad for you, and even that it may have carcinogenic effects, I don't know anyone who is going to say wholeheartedly that Sugar isn't bad at all... That being said, I don't think you have much room to argue that sugar is as bad, at it's root, for the human body as smoking anything...

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Okay, you say you've been sober for damn near 15 years as a response to me joking about you smoking weed, which, given context, would make it sound like you used to but now do not? At least that you avoid any form of conscious altering vices (I assume that's why you're sober?)- So why a big proponent of weed? I'm not trying to bust your chops, just curios to see what that balance is for you? 

For me, I know I can't use it.  But, there are people that it actually helps with.  It doesn't necessarily have to be smoked or have THC.  I've seen kids with Seizure disorders have them under control with it.  I've seen people with serious MH illnesses helped with it.  I don't think that it should be regulated like big pharma is.  Teams get you looked on pills.  Imo, weed is WAY safer than opioids

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not speaking for him but just because someone cannot or should not drink or smoke does not mean they think no one should. 

And that's fine. I'm not begrudging him that right at all. Just curious for why and how and what for his specific circumstances. 

Just now, blacklabel said:

Dang, all I wanna do is sit down and veg out for a while. Of course, I "take my recommended dose" in the evenings because I have a sleep disorder. But I have tried to use weed and then partake in certain activities, just not in a long time. 

I'd rather use marijuana than drink alcohol. Booze always just makes me feel heavy and tired. I mean, I get like a fun little 15 minute buzz but after that I'm like a sloth, moving slow, thinking slow, and trying to find a place to nap.

And for these athletes that choose to use it are better off with that than they are being fed opiates.

Oh I can go all day on it. 

46 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Probably explains why he wasn’t very good.

Keep in mind that heavy users build up a tolerance to the THC buzz. They may get the calming effect but they aren't high out of their minds either. I know a guy who's a heavy medical user for pain management with vape pens. That stuff is like 85% THC and you'd never know he puffs that pen non-stop.

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

What in life is good for you?    Truly proven to be 100% healthy for the body?

Something natural or Unnatural?

I feel like you're getting into the weeds...

There's no debate, here. Inhaling smoke is bad for you. Do it enough and you will have long term consequences. Smoke from cigarettes, or Cannabis, or smoke from a fire pit makes little difference to the toxicity. It's toxic.

But in my attempt to answer your question, I'd say water? Water isn't bad for you, but if you drink too much you can dilute the sodium in your body and die, so even that comes with a caveat.

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

For me, I know I can't use it.  But, there are people that it actually helps with.  It doesn't necessarily have to be smoked or have THC.  I've seen kids with Seizure disorders have them under control with it.  I've seen people with serious MH illnesses helped with it.  I don't think that it should be regulated like big pharma is.  Teams get you looked on pills.  Imo, weed is WAY safer than opioids

I'm with you on all of that. The recent thing with CBD oil becoming prevalent allowing people to utilize the medicinal properties without the (what some would call) negative properties is incredible. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

I feel like you're getting into the weeds...

There's no debate, here. Inhaling smoke is bad for you. Do it enough and you will have long term consequences. Smoke from cigarettes, or Cannabis, or smoke from a fire pit makes little difference to the toxicity. It's toxic.

But in my attempt to answer your question, I'd say water? Water isn't bad for you, but if you drink too much you can dilute the sodium in your body and die, so even that comes with a caveat.

Reading some posts is way worse for your body and mind than drink or smoke. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

You can argue that sugar is bad for you, and even that it may have carcinogenic effects, I don't know anyone who is going to say wholeheartedly that Sugar isn't bad at all... That being said, I don't think you have much room to argue that sugar is as bad, at it's root, for the human body as smoking anything...

I want to make sure I read this clearly.  Are you stating that sugar isn't as bad as smoking?

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Reading some posts is way worse for your body and mind than drink or smoke. 

Staring at screens all day is certainly bad for you.

Edited by MJS
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MJS said:

Here comes all the weed lovers and defenders.

And all the judgemental a-holes. 

Someone who knows more about it than I do could answer. While I have no problem with players using pot, the act of actually smoking it doesn't seem very smart. Inahling any kind of smoke, tobacco, weed, anything, can't be good for lungs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Time to head for the high ground lest you be trampled! Oh.....wait.....

Oh, I live my life up here. Thanks.

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

And all the judgemental a-holes. 

Someone who knows more about it than I do could answer. While I have no problem with players using pot, the act of actually smoking it doesn't seem very smart. Inahling any kind of smoke, tobacco, weed, anything, can't be good for lungs.

I already did.

6 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Not sure if you are being funny, but that's not sober 

no, not really being funny intentionally.   When I am not smoking I can go a year without it.   (basically I only get it from family in Roch.  I make it up maybe 2 times a year) 

I've had a dozen drinks in the past 10 years, because I feel booze slows down my reactions and it makes me sleepy.

I choose not to drink, but smoke dope.  

PLUS ... I see 100 x more drunks getting into a fight than stoners 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I want to make sure I read this clearly.  Are you stating that sugar isn't as bad as smoking?

Yep. I am saying that from 0, sugar does less damage than smoking does. Both long term and short term. Now, the issue, and what I imagine will be your counter, is that so many people consume so much sugar, that compared to smoking the effects are definitely more evident in society at large. 

What I am saying is that blank slate, if somehow we said that xsmoking and xsugar is equal, then had perfectly healthy bodies consume x for so many days, smoking would cause the bigger issue sooner and over time. Our bodies are made to break down sugar- not to the quantities that we eat, but to some level- meanwhile, our bodies don't have a system for dealing with inhaled smoke. 

while i'm not exactly jeff sessions when it comes to the evil's of the herb, i've seen (both personally and via some published research) that chronic cannabis users experience anxiety as a function of being chronic cannabis users, so they need a dose to control it.

i'm a hardcore caffeine and nicotine addict, if i don't get my dose i'm a mess, it stands to reason that abuse (and every day prolly qualifies) of a mind altering substance leads to a similar and potentially much worse result.

• Like (+1) 1