Percy Harvin high during every NFL game he played

papazoid

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Well, we certainly foolishly gave him the money to buy it.

It ain't that expensive these days. Also, he could've grown his own, who knows? Nowadays it comes in a lot of different forms besides flowers. 

Edited by blacklabel

1 minute ago, colin said:

while i'm not exactly jeff sessions when it comes to the evil's of the herb, i've seen (both personally and via some published research) that chronic cannabis users experience anxiety as a function of being chronic cannabis users, so they need a dose to control it.

i'm a hardcore caffeine and nicotine addict, if i don't get my dose i'm a mess, it stands to reason that abuse (and every day prolly qualifies) of a mind altering substance leads to a similar and potentially much worse result.

Paranoia will destroy ya 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't want to spend all my time in this thread, so I'll just make a final clarification: I don't care if anyone wants to smoke or chooses to smoke. Have at it! But don't make the claim that smoking is good for you. Smoke is toxic no matter the source. Smoke all you want, and take advantage of those positive side effects, but don't trick yourself into believing that it isn't toxic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, whatdrought said:

Yep. I am saying that from 0, sugar does less damage than smoking does. Both long term and short term. Now, the issue, and what I imagine will be your counter, is that so many people consume so much sugar, that compared to smoking the effects are definitely more evident in society at large. 

What I am saying is that blank slate, if somehow we said that xsmoking and xsugar is equal, then had perfectly healthy bodies consume x for so many days, smoking would cause the bigger issue sooner and over time. Our bodies are made to break down sugar- not to the quantities that we eat, but to some level- meanwhile, our bodies don't have a system for dealing with inhaled smoke. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/diet-fitness/sugary-drinks-may-kill-184-000-people-each-year-says-n384026

"Consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages like soda and energy drinks may be linked to as many as 184,000 adult deaths each year worldwide, according to research published today in the journal Circulation."

"The researchers estimated that in 2010 sugary drinks may have been responsible for 133,000 deaths from diabetes, 45,000 deaths from cardiovascular disease, and 6, 450 deaths from cancer."

Before every soccer game in HS and college. Where do you think I got my screen name from? As I age, I smoke once in a while, when the knee or shoulder acts up. I had Oxy after surgery and only took 2 of them. Can't do it.

Edit: El natural vs. vapes.

Edited by Dopey

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't want to spend all my time in this thread, so I'll just make a final clarification: I don't care if anyone wants to smoke or chooses to smoke. Have at it! But don't make the claim that smoking is good for you. Smoke is toxic no matter the source. Smoke all you want, and take advantage of those positive side effects, but don't trick yourself into believing that it isn't toxic.

Weed it God's gift to man.

Walking down the street is hazardous to your health to...   just sayin.

:beer:

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/diet-fitness/sugary-drinks-may-kill-184-000-people-each-year-says-n384026

"Consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages like soda and energy drinks may be linked to as many as 184,000 adult deaths each year worldwide, according to research published today in the journal Circulation."

"The researchers estimated that in 2010 sugary drinks may have been responsible for 133,000 deaths from diabetes, 45,000 deaths from cardiovascular disease, and 6, 450 deaths from cancer."

This is in no way a counter to what I said. 

Yes, the large volume of sugar consumption is very bad. It is a health crisis that is more important to tackle than weed smoking, for sure. But that doesn't change the fact that smoke is toxic.

Just now, whatdrought said:

This is in no way a counter to what I said. 

I think it does.  You're stating starting from zero, smoking is worse that sugar.

I'm not sure where the evidence is for that.

I just showed you a study where it shows that shows sugar could be worse for you.  Sugar affects every aspect of your body.

The leading Scientist behind this study believes sugary drinks is so bad for you than they need to remove it from our food supply.  That's how bad it is for you.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yes, the large volume of sugar consumption is very bad. It is a health crisis that is more important to tackle than weed smoking, for sure. But that doesn't change the fact that smoke is toxic.

There are a lot of things that we all do that is toxic for our bodies.

It seems you have your nose up in the air "my toxins are better than your toxins".

• Like (+1) 1

Scary thing is that most people who use harder drugs such as heroin always come back to the fact that they started with marijuana which led them to want to take stronger drugs.  If marijuana is a gateway drug and we are in the beginning stages of it being legalized probably in many states what does this say about future drug issues in the upcoming years?  Just like alcohol they are not legalizing it because of its benefits but the governments are legalizing it for the riches brought to the economy. The all mighty dollar. 

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

There are a lot of things that we all do that is toxic for our bodies.

It seems you have your nose up in the air "my toxins are better than your toxins".

No, I am talking about actual toxins, not unhealthy lifestyles. A toxin is a toxin. Sugar isn't a toxin even though it is ALSO bad for you.

FYI, I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle. More than most. I am always trying to think of things I can do to better my health and remove bad things from my diet. I agree that it is tough to remove every bad thing, but that's not what I'm talking about here. My issue is with people claiming that weed is good for you when it is clearly not. Smoke all you want! Just don't claim that it is good for you. Don't claim that it is very different from cigarettes. They have similar toxins. There are some side effects that are desirable to some, but that doesn't mean it is good for your body.

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh I can go all day on it. 

For a minute I was kinda like the Jon Stewart character in Half-Baked. I wanted to try random things...on weeeeed. I reeled it in a bit when I went to the movies and spilled nacho cheese all over the floor while waiting to get into the theater and didn't even notice. Oops. 

Edited by blacklabel

I think it does.  You're stating starting from zero, smoking is worse that sugar.

I'm not sure where the evidence is for that.

I just showed you a study where it shows that shows sugar could be worse for you.  Sugar affects every aspect of your body.

The leading Scientist behind this study believes sugary drinks is so bad for you than they need to remove it from our food supply.  That's how bad it is for you.

I don't have evidence and I don't necessarily feel the need to research it myself as It seems (and feel free to disagree with this) pretty instinctual that smoking any kind of substance is worse for the body than consuming a relative equal amount of sugar... One argument for this would be to look at how much sugar the average person consumes during any given day, and then compare the number of deaths related to smoking (which is done by a smaller population than those that consume sugar) and then look at deaths caused by sugar. Again... This doesn't seem like something that is debatable, but maybe I'm missing it... 

Edit: here's some basic research:

https://www.livescience.com/51385-sugary-drinks-global-deaths.html

Sugary Drinks Kill 184,000 People Every Year

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm

Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1

As for the article that you referenced, it's worthless in this conversation because it doesn't speak to quantities and it isn't comparative. I am willing and able to admit sugar, especially large quantities of sugar, is terrible for the body. That isn't my argument at all. As for the scientist opinion, there is more anti-smoking literature in the world (not to mention laws) than there is ant-sugar. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

No, I am talking about actual toxins, not unhealthy lifestyles. A toxin is a toxin. Sugar isn't a toxin even though it is ALSO bad for you.

FYI, I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle. More than most. I am always trying to think of things I can do to better my health and remove bad things from my diet. I agree that it is tough to remove every bad thing, but that's not what I'm talking about here. My issue is with people claiming that weed is good for you when it is clearly not. Smoke all you want! Just don't claim that it is good for you. Don't claim that it is very different from cigarettes. They have similar toxins. There are some side effects that are desirable to some, but that doesn't mean it is good for your body.

https://time.com/4087775/sugar-is-definitely-toxic-a-new-study-says/

But proving that the rise of the chronic diseases was actually linked to higher sugar consumption is a challenge. Dr. Robert Lustig, from the department of pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco, who has made a name for himself publishing books and research addressing the question of sugar’s effects on the body, wanted clearer answers. Now, in a paper published Tuesday, he and his colleagues believe they have come up with the definitive evidence that sugar, as Lustig says, “is toxic.”