Percy Harvin high during every NFL game he played

papazoid

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Proof"....what?  Give me one reason why ,say...the Maras or Jerry Joes or Kraft or Pegula would be fine with their employees playing for their franchise under the influence.  What makes it obvious to you that they are absolutely fine with this concept right now

Anyway.  I'm guessing weed is not the drug of choice for NHL players.  And MMA?  who cares?  They aren't players who are paid by an owner.  If the want to get high and step into the ring, then they won't make much money.

Because if they aren't affected by it when they play, they probably won't care.  Players have been playing high in all sports.

You're "guessing" it's not the drug of choice?  Weed is becoming the drug of choice in the US and Canada it's legal...you really think NHL players are not using it?

Come on.

Who cares about MMA?  How about the guys who own the UFC?  They need to make money by PPV's, sponors and ads.  These guys smoke all the time....all the time.

And they make money...

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because if they aren't affected by it when they play, they probably won't care.  Players have been playing high in all sports.

You're "guessing" it's not the drug of choice?  Weed is becoming the drug of choice in the US and Canada it's legal...you really think NHL players are not using it?

Come on.

Who cares about MMA?  How about the guys who own the UFC?  They need to make money by PPV's, sponors and ads.  These guys smoke all the time....all the time.

And they make money...

The owners put 2 guys in the ring and collect the gate an PPV.  No risk for them.  NFL owners have huge amounts of money invested in their top players.

You still haven't answered the simple question of why you think these owners (minus Irsay LOL) would assume that players under the influence are not different in their abilities compared to when they are not high.  Obviously the owners are banking on the fact that the current system (for the most part) assures them their players aren't playing high.

Tell me why the owners would assume that all players would be completely unaffected by playing high (that even sounds silly when I read it aloud). 

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The owners put 2 guys in the ring and collect the gate an PPV.  No risk for them.  NFL owners have huge amounts of money invested in their top players.

You still haven't answered the simple question of why you think these owners (minus Irsay LOL) would assume that players under the influence are not different in their abilities compared to when they are not high.  Obviously the owners are banking on the fact that the current system (for the most part) assures them their players aren't playing high.

Tell me why the owners would assume that all players would be completely unaffected by playing high (that even sounds silly when I read it aloud). 

I told you because if it's not affecting their performance, they won't care.  They know they smoke, lets not be naive.

No risk for the UFC owners?  If they don't have good fights, they won't sell the next fights.  Just like any sport, they have to have a good product for people to come.

UFC doesn't invest in the fighters?  Are you really saying this?  How are they marketing the fights then?  

You're acting like these guys are stoned/blazed through out the game.  The high only lasts 40-45 minutes.  If they take a hit in the locker room before kickoff, by the time the game starts they will be normal.  

I've been smoking for 20 years.  I've sparred in the boxing ring, rolled/grappled on the mats, played collegiate baseball, played HS football/baseball/basketball, ran 10k's.  It's never affected me.  I'm not superman...many people function completely fine on it.

Mike Tyson has admitted being high before a fight, the Diaz brothers in the UFC openly smoke in press conferences before fights, Bill Walton said he got high in the UCLA locker room before every game, I've personally smoked with NFL/NBA/MLB players....it's a very popular drug with everyone.  

The NFL suspends players all the time for testing positive for THC.  It's never made public the first time they're caught so you have no idea how many have been caught.

You really think that the owners are naive to think that these guys aren't doing it all the time?  This is why it will be wiped cleaned from the next CBA agreement.

An anonymous NHL player went on record to say that 60-70% of NHL players smoke.  Your statement that it's not a popular drug in the NHL is false.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

You don’t need to copy the entire article.  Just saying.  

The idea is you post a link and the the author to get their due clicks 

I agree,  a giant wall of text is not attractive. Also, the source is questionable. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I told you because if it's not affecting their performance, they won't care.  They know they smoke, lets not be naive.

No risk for the UFC owners?  If they don't have good fights, they won't sell the next fights.  Just like any sport, they have to have a good product for people to come.

UFC doesn't invest in the fighters?  Are you really saying this?  How are they marketing the fights then?  

You're acting like these guys are stoned/blazed through out the game.  The high only lasts 40-45 minutes.  If they take a hit in the locker room before kickoff, by the time the game starts they will be normal.  

I've been smoking for 20 years.  I've sparred in the boxing ring, rolled/grappled on the mats, played collegiate baseball, played HS football/baseball/basketball, ran 10k's.  It's never affected me.  I'm not superman...many people function completely fine on it.

Mike Tyson has admitted being high before a fight, the Diaz brothers in the UFC openly smoke in press conferences before fights, Bill Walton said he got high in the UCLA locker room before every game, I've personally smoked with NFL/NBA/MLB players....it's a very popular drug with everyone.  

The NFL suspends players all the time for testing positive for THC.  It's never made public the first time they're caught so you have no idea how many have been caught.

You really think that the owners are naive to think that these guys aren't doing it all the time?  This is why it will be wiped cleaned from the next CBA agreement.

An anonymous NHL player went on record to say that 60-70% of NHL players smoke.  Your statement that it's not a popular drug in the NHL is false.

If you want to get high and grapple, well that's fine for you.   And everyone understands how popular it is and always was.  But none of that is the topic of this thread.

We aren't talking about guys smoking a few bones to unwind mid-week.  We are talking about playing high.  Other than Josh Gordon and Harvin, we really haven't had a ton of NFL players admitting they are baked at kickoff.  So you can't credibly go to a team owner and claim, as you are now: "hey, most of these guys are high right now and they are playing to their full capacity"....because you would be making that up.

An owner is just not going to believe high players are as good as players who aren't high while playing.  If you were right, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.  These guys are not known for their liberal tendencies, so they really aren't going to agree with you.. That's pretty much common sense.  It's not about what you and I think about weed.  And your examples of fighters getting high and climbing into the ring would likely make them laugh if you used it as your argument for playing high (I would).

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you want to get high and grapple, well that's fine for you.   And everyone understands how popular it is and always was.  But none of that is the topic of this thread.

We aren't talking about guys smoking a few bones to unwind mid-week.  We are talking about playing high.  Other than Josh Gordon and Harvin, we really haven't had a ton of NFL players admitting they are baked at kickoff.  So you can't credibly go to a team owner and claim, as you are now: "hey, most of these guys are high right now and they are playing to their full capacity"....because you would be making that up.

An owner is just not going to believe high players are as good as players who aren't high while playing.  If you were right, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.  These guys are not known for their liberal tendencies, so they really aren't going to agree with you.. That's pretty much common sense.  It's not about what you and I think about weed.  And your examples of fighters getting high and climbing into the ring would likely make them laugh if you used it as your argument for playing high (I would).

It is the topic of the thread.  It's an example that you can still perform at your best while on it.

So you're telling me that you know their philosophical tendencies and know without a doubt...they won't agree with me?  That's why Josh Gordon hasn't been allowed back in the NFL after his multiple suspensions.  Owners aren't going to deal with a guy smoking weed.

LOL...yeah those guys would laugh.  I've had these discussions before, they didn't laugh.  Do you know how many ex-athletes come train after they're out of professional sports?

How many athletes have you talked to that have been in the ring and on the field?  I'm assuming none.  

Don't be naive and make a firm statement that just because not a ton are admitting it or going public with it means that not many are doing this.

I played college ball...do you know how many of those guys were high before games?  This is D-1 football too...

But you're right, you would be in the know since you're witnessed it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2664373-eben-britton-says-he-played-in-3-nfl-games-stoned-after-smoking-marijuana

"NFL games I played stoned were some of the best games I ever played," Britton said. "Cannabis cements your surroundings. A lot of people say they're useless when they smoke weed. But hell, I played NFL games [while stoned], dude. My performances were solid, and I felt really good after."

Britton added he often smoked marijuana to relieve "psychological distress or sciatica or pain in my shoulders." He estimated "over 50 percent and it could be as high as 75 percent" of NFL players use the substance.

Last week, former Colorado State running back Treyous Jarrells told Stephens and Lyell he was high in almost every game he played before quitting the team early in the 2015 season. He's since obtained a license to grow marijuana in Colorado.

"I practiced under the influence," Jarrells said. "I played games under the influence. This is my medicine. I've seen players at CSU pop five, 10 ibuprofens before practice. Daily. You think that's good? Over the course of two, three years, that's eating your liver away."

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It is the topic of the thread.  It's an example that you can still perform at your best while on it.

So you're telling me that you know their philosophical tendencies and know without a doubt...they won't agree with me?  That's why Josh Gordon hasn't been allowed back in the NFL after his multiple suspensions.  Owners aren't going to deal with a guy smoking weed.

LOL...yeah those guys would laugh.  I've had these discussions before, they didn't laugh.  Do you know how many ex-athletes come train after they're out of professional sports?

How many athletes have you talked to that have been in the ring and on the field?  I'm assuming none.  

Don't be naive and make a firm statement that just because not a ton are admitting it or going public with it means that not many are doing this.

I played college ball...do you know how many of those guys were high before games?  This is D-1 football too...

But you're right, you would be in the know since you're witnessed it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2664373-eben-britton-says-he-played-in-3-nfl-games-stoned-after-smoking-marijuana

"NFL games I played stoned were some of the best games I ever played," Britton said. "Cannabis cements your surroundings. A lot of people say they're useless when they smoke weed. But hell, I played NFL games [while stoned], dude. My performances were solid, and I felt really good after."

Britton added he often smoked marijuana to relieve "psychological distress or sciatica or pain in my shoulders." He estimated "over 50 percent and it could be as high as 75 percent" of NFL players use the substance.

Last week, former Colorado State running back Treyous Jarrells told Stephens and Lyell he was high in almost every game he played before quitting the team early in the 2015 season. He's since obtained a license to grow marijuana in Colorado.

"I practiced under the influence," Jarrells said. "I played games under the influence. This is my medicine. I've seen players at CSU pop five, 10 ibuprofens before practice. Daily. You think that's good? Over the course of two, three years, that's eating your liver away."

LOL Gordon??  He is probably the most tested athlete on any roster in any sport----specifically because  No one wants him playing high!  Come on!

Ok fine---you round up Gordon, Percy Harvin, Eben Britton (let's face it, if he played his best 3 games high, no one noticed--he was a rookie starter than was used rarely after that) and the college kid who quit football to grow weed and bring them to the next owners  meeting and say "Gentlemen, these athletes are the best example of why you should not only allow recreational use of marijuana by your players, you should allow them to smoke up immediately before kickoff!"

Again (and again), I'm not saying that many players don't smoke weed or that some may be high in the games this Sunday (you need to focus on what we are talking about).  I am saying you simply saying that players will perform exactly as they would if not high at the moment in a game is not going to persuade NFL to take the risk that you are wrong (with your anecdotes).  To believe this particular group of guys would be OK with that is INCREDIBLY naïve.

It's not even just the "performance" issue--it's the risk of injury.

You can post all the "hey I played just fine when I was high in the NFL" stories by fringe players you want.  It's not going to convince a group of uptight men (They wanted to suspend players for kneeling!!) that  their investments to engage in activity, that, if they were doing it behind the wheel of a VW Beetle, they would be arrested in all 50 states, is OK for while they are at work.