Percy Harvin high during every NFL game he played

papazoid

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Your emotional response to the use of irony is really telling about your personal need to defend marijuana. The problem is that i wasn’t attacking marijuana. In fact, if you go throughout this entire thread, you will not find me attacking pot or even positing an opinion of that plant. Rather, what I was doing with my post that went over your head was showing  that the argument “don’t knock it unless you’ve tried it” is stupid and has no validity in a genuine discussion about anything, including marijuana. 

That being said, you prefer a real, demonstrable example of things that we, as a society, can knock without having tried... here’s a couple:

1- Cocain

2- Heroin

3- Suicide

4- Murder

5- Rape

6- Eating contaminated meat

7- telling your wife that those pants do make her butt look fat

8- licking an electrical outlet

9- investigating the clogged mower deck while the blades are on

10- sex with animals

11- etc. 

As you’ll see from this list, and from the context of my original post, and the use of irony that again, went over your head, there are many many things we as a society and as individuals can condemn without ever having tried them. 

This is a ######ed false equivocation. 

7 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Actually you did. 

Eating ‘excess’ sugar. 

I said excessively eating sugar. As in, eating large quantities. I am saying, as I have been saying this entire time, that a relative equal amount of smoke vs. sugar, smoke is worse for the body. I am not arguing that sugar is not bad for the body, I am saying that in equal amounts smoke is worse. Again, if you go and read the entire thread, if you use your eyes, you will see my argument clearly. 

Alternatively, you're welcome to keep interjecting nonsense into a conversation that you aren't even a part of. 

:)

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

This is a ######ed false equivocation. 

How? Do enlighten me. 

Edited by whatdrought

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I said excessively eating sugar. As in, eating large quantities. I am saying, as I have been saying this entire time, that a relative equal amount of smoke vs. sugar, smoke is worse for the body. I am not arguing that sugar is not bad for the body, I am saying that in equal amounts sugar is worse. Again, if you go and read the entire thread, if you use your eyes, you will see my argument clearly. 

Alternatively, you're welcome to keep interjecting nonsense into a conversation that you aren't even a part of. 

:)

How? Do enlighten me. 

You seem obsessed that you are part of a conversation I’m not. This is an Internet thread and not a private chat.

you are making a silly false equivalence that just because you haven’t tried murder that it’s the same as not having tried marijuana and so one shouldn’t comment. Fallacy. 

Equal amounts sugar and marijuana smoke? How is that calculated?

what are the health benefits of sugar?  And how do they compare to the health benefits of marijuana?  Anyone ever prescribed a donut for pain?  How about cancer?  Epilepsy?  PTSD? 

16 hours ago, MJS said:

Science doesn't prove things. Science provides models based on evidence.

Do you know what subjective means? Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. Do you know what the most effective form of treatment in history is? The placebo.

And regardless, medical marijuana is not the topic here. There is a huge difference between that and recreational smoking.

Yes correct except if you try to give a placebo to a diabetic instead of insulin you will see that it’s not a very effective treatment.

when treatments are proven effective, they are used. 

Percy used MJ for medicinal purposes. For his pain and anxiety. And it worked for him. Are you going to say it didn’t?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bakin said:

You seem obsessed that you are part of a conversation I’m not. This is an Internet thread and not a private chat.

you are making a silly false equivalence that just because you haven’t tried murder that it’s the same as not having tried marijuana and so one shouldn’t comment. Fallacy. 

Equal amounts sugar and marijuana smoke? How is that calculated?

what are the health benefits of sugar?  And how do they compare to the health benefits of marijuana?  Anyone ever prescribed a donut for pain?  How about cancer?  Epilepsy?  PTSD? 

I'm saying that me and another poster were discussing a certain idea and that you decided to jump in- there's absolutely nothing wrong with this and I haven't told you to shutup or to not be a part of this conversation. I have mentioned, that, in order to not look like an idiot, you might want to check the context before shooting your shot. You have ignored this suggestion multiple times. 

It isn't a false equivalence because the root of the argument is that something can only be argued by those with first hand experience. Thus, only murderers (or I guess by extension those who have been murdered) can argue against Murder. It's a stupid and bad argument. Something need not be experienced to be evaluated. You (or rather, the person who you're defending whom you probably don't even know because you haven't bothered with the context of the thread) are arguing that opinion is based on experience. If it's that way for smoking grass, it's that way for murder. You can't create an arbitrary double standard cause "mah weed is good brah. you don't even know." 

As for quantifying the differences, again- go read the context. I said multiple times that that's very hard to do and I don't have an answer for that. My assertion is that if you could determine the relative equality of the two acts, smoke (of any kind- not just marijuana, something else you'd have learned by reading the thread) is worse than sugar. 

As for your last point, you're missing the minutia of the argument- I am not, have not, and will not argue against the medicinal properties of marijuana. Furthermore, I have admitted that these properties are quite beneficial and should be utilized (as with everything else you're misunderstanding, it's up-thread). The entirity of my argument is that inhaling smoke into the lungs is bad for the human body. Period. 

As for medicinal qualities of sugar, here is an article about how critical sugar is to our bodies... (https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/type-1-diabetes/what-insulin) Glucose and sugar intake is hugely medicinal in a myriad of contexts. 

20 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't want to spend all my time in this thread, so I'll just make a final clarification: I don't care if anyone wants to smoke or chooses to smoke. Have at it! But don't make the claim that smoking is good for you. Smoke is toxic no matter the source. Smoke all you want, and take advantage of those positive side effects, but don't trick yourself into believing that it isn't toxic.

There are other ways to reap the benefits of marijuana without smoking it. No need to inhale smoke into your lungs at all. More people need to think outside of the box. Also, CBD is very beneficial to our bodies and minds without the effects of THC. You can find it in stores and even at farmer’s markets. Learn more about the issue before spreading negativity ??, have a great day! 

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Anyone else high at Chick Fil A right now?

Hi, I'm here for the weed debaaaa...wait, did you say Chick-Fil-A!  

Mmmmmmm chiiiiiicken...

I'm on my way

Simpsons_13_16_P3_640x360_317237315827.j

Edited by Heitz

2 minutes ago, teef said:

there's no arby's by my new office, but there is a kfc seconds away.  i don't need that in my life.

I live walking distance to an Arby's and I take advantage of that all the time.

KFC is about about a mile away and I venture over there probably twice a month.  Those loaded bowls are to die for.

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Hi, I'm here for the weed debaaaa...wait, did you say Chick-Fil-A!  

Mmmmmmm chiiiiiicken...

I'm on my way

Simpsons_13_16_P3_640x360_317237315827.j

They have really good chocolate chip cookies.  Especially when they're fresh baked...OMG.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

this thread is getting ***** up.

this thread is high

2 hours ago, teef said:

now it needs to pull a vonte davis and retire at halftime.

The NFL has a reservation for Gruden's firing at the half against NE***

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Does pot cause violence?  

what do Violins have to do with anything?

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C81zOvnpnU   Smoke-Weed-and-Chill-Marijuana-Ganja-Pot

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

These are the fastest (and slowest) fast food drive-thrus

Dunkin' Donuts clocked in with the fastest average time, at 230.38 seconds from first order window approach to full order completion. That's well under three minutes. Chick-fil-A was the slowest in the study, with an average drive-thru time of 322.98 seconds -- almost five and a half minutes.

4 hours ago, MR8 said:

Immensely critical thing to say people who take prescription drugs are using it as a crutch.  Not a subscriber to psychopharmacology? 

Xanax is a terrible drug and should only be prescribed in extreme circumstances. The kick back these drs. get for rxing mind erasing drugs is alarming. Abusing Xanax is almost as bad as opioids, which is another prescription drug overly rxed and abused. 

Just because a doctor says to use it doesn’t make it healthy or morally right...always obtain a second and third opinion.