Tom Brady billboard just beautiful!!

23 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Can't believe some people like ranch better. Blue Cheese is far superior in every aspect

I will say, the Blue Cheese in Buffalo is way tastier than the stuff back home. I now understand the conversation.

Before I always thought it was overblown. Best wings I found were at Otto’s.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d bet that it is as well. Most places cut corners these days , and often what is passed off as “ blue cheese dressing “especially at pizza joints  is crap. I agree with your preferences on the blue cheese. The CF one I mentioned tastes to me like it has buttermilk and cracked black pepper in it , for example. 

Agreed, but as mentioned in this thread there are a lot of imposters passed off as “ blue cheese” now. Some don’t even have a crumb of blue cheese in them. 

Sadly, that statement also holds true for buttermilk. Most of what’s at tops or Wegmans is low-fat milk soured with lactic acid. Only brands I’ve seen make real buttermilk available in Rochester are Ithaca Dairy and Pittsford Dairy. I’d hazard a guess that most of the blue cheese dressings use a commercial scale yogurt process. Not really comparable to the real deal because, as you said, you lose all of the depth and richness. 

I recall reading how Theresa, from the original Anchor Bar, came to serve wings to her son and his friend.  She made wings because she had trimmed some chickens and had the wings leftover, and had nothing else to do with them.  She whipped up the wing sauce - which was butter and Frank’s.   She added celery to cool down your pallet. The blue cheese was there for dipping with the celery, not for the wings. Turns our the Blue Cheese does indeed contrast the hot sauce in a nice way, so wing dipping into Blue Cheese came about somewhat accidentally.  

Wings are now popular all over the USA, “Buffalo Wings” come in many styles and flavors.  The rest of the country does not care about the ranch versus blue cheese debate.  Brady will probably seethat billboard and just shrug.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Can't believe some people like ranch better. Blue Cheese is far superior in every aspect

I think mostly people are just turned off by the name and what it is. I'd venture to guess there is a high percentage of people who don't like it, that never tried it.

5 minutes ago, SJDK said:

large.F62FD308-1E31-4476-98B7-C75C125A5826.gif.dd0dbd2e28bb4fe49d407473d93f545e.gif

Is this in real time? The hand looks way too fast and the kiss looks way too slow.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I will say, the Blue Cheese in Buffalo is way tastier than the stuff back home. I now understand the conversation.

Before I always thought it was overblown. Best wings I found were at Otto’s.

Literally right down the street from my house

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

@CommonCents haven't been there in years and I'm always looking for top notch wings

Should try them out again

We loved it, they were the perfect level of spice. Just hot enough where you almost sweat. Big wings, much better size than we got at Duffs. 

We went late after the game, some locals were in there singing old time songs and talking Bills. Besides the game, that was my second best part of the trip. We sat in the bar room not the restaurant.

Edited by CommonCents
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

We loved it, they were the perfect level of spice. Just hot enough where you almost sweat. Big wings, much better size than we got at Duffs. 

We went late after the game, some locals were in there singing old time songs and talking Bills. Besides the game, that was my second best part of the trip. We sat in the bar room not the restaurant.

Awesome , their bar room is fantastic!

What kind of wings? Hot

They must be doing something right because it's always packed