Jerry Hughes versus who for the Patriots?

TigerJ

BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Hughes proactively fined $50,000 for a hit on Tom Brady this coming Sunday.

When asked for comment, Roger Goodell said "We are dedicated to the health and safety of our players, and such recklessness as we will see two days from now will not be tolerated."

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Hughes proactively fined $50,000 for a hit on Tom Brady this coming Sunday.

When asked for comment, Roger Goodell said "We are dedicated to the health and safety of our players, and such recklessness as we will see two days from now will not be tolerated."

Let's see - Brady complains about holding ahead of a game where his OL will be out matched by the Bills DL.  Coincidence - I think not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, TigerJ said:

The Patriots recently lost their starting left tackle, Isaiah Wynn to injury for the year.  He's been replaced by Marshal Newhouse, who was not good enough to stick with the Bills, who didn't have a very good offensive line at the time.   Well Newhouse was limited in practice on Wednesday due to illness, and was out on Thursday.  That means Jerry could find himself lined up on a player who is not very good to begin with, and under the weather to boot.  If Newhouse can't go, the Patriots could move Thuney, their starting left guard, out to left tackle or start either of a couple guys who haven't been with the team long at all: Korey Cunningham or Caleb Benenoch.  Neither of them is very well regarded.  I can see why Tom Brady is lobbying the league to allow more offensive holding.  I hope someone for the Bills counter-lobbies the officials to call it when they see it.

Was talking about this today with Bills buddies.
I think with our interior pass rush doing so nicely in pass rush pressures, the outside guys are going to have a day. Especially Hughes from the blindside.
Hope either Jerry or Trent ends up with Brady's arm snapped clean off and they throw it into the stands.

But i do think Hughes and Lawson are licking their chops for the matchups. no need to stunt this week. go right at them mano el mano 

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Bills fans (including myself) call for and/or demand hits on Brady leading up to every Patriots game.

It almost never happens.

I hope someone proves me wrong.   He gets rid of the ball too soon and knows how to eat plays that bust right off the bat.  He doesn't stand around with the ball in his hand waiting to get hammered.

Stay at the LOS with 5 guys and become volleyball players. Bat every throw down or up for an int. Let him do his 3 step drop and form a wall....

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/27/2019 at 10:05 AM, TigerJ said:

I agree, but having a great defensive end on the outside is something the blocking scheme has to account for, and that can only make it easier for the interior pass rush to be effective.

absotively  need all four to push the line into Mrs Brady's face

On 9/27/2019 at 11:51 AM, Nextmanup said:

Bills fans (including myself) call for and/or demand hits on Brady leading up to every Patriots game.

It almost never happens.

I hope someone proves me wrong.   He gets rid of the ball too soon and knows how to eat plays that bust right off the bat.  He doesn't stand around with the ball in his hand waiting to get hammered.

our short area pass coverage is pretty decent. he might gEt frustrated and pat the ball twice.

welcome to jerrys world. blindside destruction just awaiting

On 9/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, DC Tom said:

Top notch stuff ye olde curmudgeon.
thanks for the hearty chuckle

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/27/2019 at 8:14 AM, PatsFanNH said:

UNLIKE most teams the Pats have the BEST Offensive Line Coach in the NFL.  He will have the line ready and Hughes will have 2 people blocking him and Brady will be doing quick hits to Dorsett and Edelman to tire the pass rush out then hit Gordon deep for a highlight real catch. lol or at least that will be the game plan. Brady needs less than 3 seconds get rid of the ball usually.. 

Finally! Someone speaks facts and knowledge. Not myths and fabrications...

On 9/27/2019 at 7:07 AM, HOUSE said:

Don't even nudge Tom Brady without the ball, flags everywhere.

Since 2009, teams have been called for 28 RTP penalties against Brady. 28 penalties in 6824 attempts. That's 0.41 penalties per 100 pass attempts.  Obviously, the "You can't touch Brady" nonsense is 100% made up and false.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/roughing-the-passer-by-qb.php? 

Meanwhile, Brady is the 7th most sacked QB in NFL history. In reality, teams are allowed to hit Brady at will...

19 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Since 2009, teams have been called for 28 RTP penalties against Brady. 28 penalties in 6824 attempts. That's 0.41 penalties per 100 pass attempts.  Obviously, the "You can't touch Brady" nonsense is 100% made up and false

How many of those attempts was he even touched, is what i’d like to know...

22 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

That I couldn't find. No matter what though, when it comes to sports, politics, and religion facts rarely change anyone's minds.

When Tom retires at the end of the year are you going to be ok? He is done. The league is going to abuse him to get back at him for 19 years. The oline coupled with his inability to move and how scared he is. This is going to get ugly for the Pats.