What will happen if the Bills do win this weekend

Billsfanatixs

On 9/24/2019 at 2:56 PM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

If Buffalo wins

It will be a fluke and NE will still remain at the top of the Power Rankings 

4-1 or 5-0 at the BYE week .....  would be sooo nice 

But still a fluke, haha. The write-ups will be, "Yeah, Buffalo is 5-0 but who have they really beat? They needed a comeback win over the hapless Jets. They beat an uninspired Giants team, and needed another comeback to beat the lowly Bengals. And then, lil' Tommy had the sniffles and decided he'd let them enjoy a victory. And despite their 58-9 destruction of the Titans, Josh Allen still threw two passes that were actually caught, but they were placed to where the receiver had to reach an extra inch and a half to reel it in, so, clearly his accuracy woes are still very, very legitimate and we just cannot crown this Bills team until they actually beat a real team. Power Ranking: 29th!"

• Like (+1) 1

I watched one of the greatest runs in the history of playoff basketball this season. One of the greatest parts of it was how the players took the personality of their leader, Kawhi Leonard, and never got high or low until the mission was accomplished. My hope is that, if they win, they take McDermott’s ethos and maintain their focus on the next game. It’s a beautiful thing to watch 

On 9/24/2019 at 2:56 PM, May Day 10 said:

It would get pretty crazy.  They would be hyped up for sure and we would hear a lot about 'torch passing'.  We all know how manageable the upcoming schedule is, and barring a let-down, the Bills could ride the wave well into October at the top of the NFL.  

A Bills win on Sunday would not initiate "torch passing" conversation, IMO.

It will take more than that.

But that's for down the road anyway.  

If we win, I would just enjoy it and not look too far ahead.

On 9/24/2019 at 2:56 PM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

If Buffalo wins

It will be a fluke and NE will still remain at the top of the Power Rankings 

4-1 or 5-0 at the BYE week .....  would be sooo nice 

Power rankings are a joke. Let’s just say this game goes into OT and they(pats) kick a last second FG to win the game. The Bills will fall back into the mid 20’s ! All the talk around the league will sound like we got blown out by 30 points. The nation wide football writers are as bad as everyone at cnn.

1 hour ago, Chicharito said:

Power rankings are a joke. Let’s just say this game goes into OT and they(pats) kick a last second FG to win the game. The Bills will fall back into the mid 20’s ! All the talk around the league will sound like we got blown out by 30 points. The nation wide football writers are as bad as everyone at cnn.

To an extent I agree with you ? 

I have my simplistic ways of sorting

first by record, then work my way down to where a team should rank.   

6-9 seems fine to me. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost