SNF: Rams at Browns

YoloinOhio

Just now, whatdrought said:

I think Cocky is really a matter of perspective... Josh was pretty cocky answering the questions of the NY media last week, and I loved that. I think Baker goes too far, and his "swagger" is way more believable when winning. But I think the hatred that the Browns get is widely because they "arrived" on the national scene before us. - that being said, it is nice to see them humbled some, but I think the hatred is mostly jealously based. 

I do hate Odell. 

I don’t get, how you don’t get, why we dislike them?..  (not trying to be a jerk)

They have a QB constantly compared to ours.  

They have the biggest diva WR in the league.  

Their other WR ended the career of one of our players

They are a potential playoff contender. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I was yelling at myself mostly as I was pretty harsh on Allen in my review and while I was watching the game.  Also did you see some of the descriptions in the Western NY media of the Allen INT?  The word "horrific" came up a lot.  Well what I just saw from Mayfield at the end there was more horrific then Allen's boneheaded throw!  And the Goff throw was every bit as bad to. 

But these small minded, cowardly "fans" that rip on Allen after what, his fifth 4th quarter game winning drive are more concerned with backing up their frail pre draft egos than witnessing the birth of an actual NFL QB. They want to be right, even if it means team failure. That's why they act like they do.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Why do so many on here hate the Browns?

I don't hate the Browns and when the Bills suck I actually root for them given their tough history.  But I want them to lose now because I have a feeling it's the Browns who we'll be competing with for that last wildcard spot.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

2 games or more lead on the Browns Steelers Jags Chargers and Titans just in case we have to "settle" for a Wild Card.   

#InTheHunt

And the Bills play the @Browns, @Steelers and @Titans. Those three games could be key to getting in as a wildcard playoff team...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

But these small minded, cowardly "fans" that rip on Allen after what, his fifth 4th quarter game winning drive are more concerned with backing up their frail pre draft egos than witnessing the birth of an actual NFL QB. They want to be right, even if it means team failure. That's why they act like they do.

Well put.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not surprising. Browns homers. They had a lot of injuries so that’s probably the angle they are taking. But they refuse to criticize mayfield around here. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Wow, just wow!  We need to send them Thad Brown to get a healthy dose of negativism.

Imagine what the Western NY press would say if next week Allen throws 3 straight incomplete passes from the NE 4 yard line and on 4th down is intercepted to end the game! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Because he was better last year, although the opposite is true this year. That's how it is with young QBs! Still way too soon to predict their future career arcs.

So maybe the proper term would be he "played better last year"

Josh Allen is a extremely raw prospect with a innate ability to turn it on when the game is on the line.......his improvement from last year to this is high

Baker Mayfield is no longer better then Josh Alen....and lets be honest he has WAY better tools to work with

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

Can’t believe they hired this guy.  

Does he know something about the character of his team that we don't? They really acted like punks after the Titans whupping.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Hummm.   What would Josh have done with that hole?     Any guesses...

Say "thank you", after the td.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1