Knox looked Gronk-like

Inigo Montoya

13 minutes ago, Josh_Allen said:

That was a pretty great play.  So was the one where Allen got away from that sack and got a first down.  Two huge plays on a final drive where they needed a TD.  Pretty awesome.

Perhaps his biggest ‘Holy Shite’ moment was slamming straight into Gore’s foot, sending both of them crashing face down on the turf. Gathers himself, grabs the fumbled ball, jukes the hell out of a DL and whips a completion to Sweeney. Disaster turned positive play!

The kid is REMARKABLE!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Perhaps his biggest ‘Holy Shite’ moment was slamming straight into Gore’s foot, sending both of them crashing face down on the turf. Gathers himself, grabs the fumbled ball, jukes the hell out of a DL and whips a completion to Sweeney. Disaster turned positive play!

The kid is REMARKABLE!

That play was SO Josh Allen. The broadcast team said that as well. They said they aren’t sure what other QB in the league could have made that play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That play was SO Josh Allen. The broadcast team said that as well. They said they aren’t sure what other QB in the league could have made that play. 

The crowd roared so loud for a 3 yard gain, it was clearly heard on the TV! They were in awe!

We have a ridiculous amount of negative Nancy’s here who evidently refuse to acknowledge (comprehend??) how fortunate we are that he learns to play NFL Football here while being the greatest sandlot player ever!

22 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The kid is REMARKABLE!

Yeah, that one too lol.

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

It was great to see Sweeeney run first to congratulate Knox on his TD.   Sweeney is a class act.

No reason for him not to congratulate Knox.  They should be teammates seeing a lot of actions for several years to come.

Haven't seen enuf yet to assess his hands and route running. Not surprising that he should be a little behind the curve since he was not  used as a receiving TE at Ole Miss. But if those parts of his game develop he will be as good as Hoch and a holy terror, calling it now. Great job here by Beane and the scouts.

• Like (+1) 1

He was just on with Murph. What a cool humble guy. Said he got blown up on special teams before that big catch and run and was frustrated and just took it out on the DBs. lol  Also said the db he hit on the run play was falling back when they collided so prob looked better then it really was. Said a TD celebration really isnt his thing, he just wanted to share the moment with the fans and gave out some high fives! cool dude! Said the energy in new era was like no other, couldnt even hear himself think when D was on the field. Go bills! haha

Edited by badassgixxer05
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Still can't believe they called a jet sweep to a TE, haha. Don't think I've ever seen them run anything like that. Knox is a heck of an athlete, tho, so why not, right? Love it.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen that, although I guess Kelce does it.  And the stiff arm he put on  Williams (?) is just savage, like he does to the DB's later in the game.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen that, although I guess Kelce does it.  And the stiff arm he put on  Williams (?) is just savage, like he does to the DB's later in the game.

He was a wildman out there. The big catch and run was ridiculous, basically throws down the first defender by his face, then drops the shoulder and crumples the next guy. Those guys might spend some extra time in the ice tub today.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Maybe that helped him run angry? ?

Hard to believe he can be this productive in the NFL and yet be so underutilized in college! 

TEs are underutilized across CFB. The offenses just typically aren’t sophisticated enough to develop them and TEs are used more often in pro style offenses of which those are becoming rare in college.