Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

Bills Links, 9/21: Previewing the Bills vs. Bengals

Buffalo Bills WR Cole Beasley: It’s easy to follow a guy like Josh Allen

“You know, everybody sees Josh making throws and extending plays with his feet but they don’t really see how he remains level emotionally throughout the mini highs and lows of a football game. It got as bad as it could really get in Week 1 and he remained the same guy the whole time, still pushing the unit, still competing, still leading.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s the same Defense.

Film Room: How the Bengals’ run defense faltered vs. 49ers

The Bengals run defense was absolutely atrocious in Week 2, giving up 259 rushing yards to the San Francisco 49ers..............

The linebackers’ failure to read the offense and react with speed and the inability of the defense to contain the edge played a big part in the team’s demise.

Bengals DE Carl Lawson is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against Buffalo, according to the team's injury report released on Friday.

rush defense 30th  pass defense 16th  total defense 25th

bengals friday injury report.

ir.jpg

You would think that the Bills could do whatever the heck they wanted to against Cincinnati on offense............ being at home for the first time in eons and what not, but...........

a lot lot of times it doesn’t work out that way. 

We we shall see.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, njbuff said:

You would think that the Bills could do whatever the heck they wanted to against Cincinnati on offense............ being at home for the first time in eons and what not, but...........

a lot lot of times it doesn’t work out that way. 

We we shall see.

I think what most of us are seeing is that it is another great opportunity for the Bills to be billsy....and hoping to pass another test that will show this team is different.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Is he back?

full practice yesterday, should be a go?

Tre’Davious White, Andre Roberts full practice participants for Buffalo Bills Friday

There was some good news on the injury front, as WR/return man Andre Roberts (quad) and CB Tre’Davious White (neck) were back on the field as full participants after being limited in practice on Wednesday and Thursday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

“I think that’s probably the biggest difference from those past teams is having that head coach, having that brain and that mind frame,” Hughes said. “Someone who is reiterating to the guys, especially this young team, that it’s not that 2-0 gets you to the playoffs or a division championship. It’s 2-0 and it’s on to the next game. I think in the past we didn’t really have that leadership that we have now and you can see how guys carry themselves. Even how the team played throughout the preseason, that never-quit mentality. That’s everything that Sean McDermott brings to the team, and it’s something that we love to have.”

In some ways, these Bills have elements the previous fast starters didn’t. They have a quarterback in Josh Allen who was the highest draft pick at the position in franchise history and is starting to play like it. They have a coach who appears to have the players pulling all in one direction. They also have a front office and coaching staff aligned in their respective visions.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

full practice yesterday, should be a go?

Tre’Davious White, Andre Roberts full practice participants for Buffalo Bills Friday

There was some good news on the injury front, as WR/return man Andre Roberts (quad) and CB Tre’Davious White (neck) were back on the field as full participants after being limited in practice on Wednesday and Thursday.

Really looking forward the Roberts being activated. In addition to returning punts he offers a more complete skillset as a WR than Mckenzie. He can run the same gadget plays and can actually line up and be a threat as a WR in the passing game.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'd be fine if they stopped doing those... they seem really gimmicky

We’ve gotten a first down and a TD out of it and both times Josh was untouched down the field...

I could see if we did that like 10x per game.... Once each game is hardly gimmicky. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

They’ve been very successful, why would they stop. There are a number of things you can do out of it also. 

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’ve gotten a first down and a TD out of it and both times Josh was untouched down the field...

I could see if we did that like 10x per game.... Once each game is hardly gimmicky. 

No, I'm talking about Murphy and the analytics video.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Haha ok, I guess that makes more sense. I think they’re fun really. But, how fast is 16.47 relative to others I wonder. (Don’t feel like googling)

The faster players get over 20mph on their longer runs. I think JA would also be a bit faster if the run was straight down field.

8 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Haha ok, I guess that makes more sense. I think they’re fun really. But, how fast is 16.47 relative to others I wonder. (Don’t feel like googling)

Not that fast. Another report had Knox hitting 18.5 mph and Barkley 20+ mph. It would be better if they put context around all the stats. I have no idea what Beasley's separation rate means beyond the simple fact that he got separation.