Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This should be the game where Foster and Brown go off - possibly 125/1td each with some big plays.

That would be great. Foster showed so much promise last year with a lot of talent, but he’s been invisible so far. Want to see the guy get more chances. 

On a side note, I’ve been really impressed by the two young TEs. Great attitude and willingness to do whatever. Including the dirty work like blocking. I think Lee Smith was a great under the radar character guy to bring in and show those guys how to do things. They’ve made a big impact in the games. 

8 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

That would be great. Foster showed so much promise last year with a lot of talent, but he’s been invisible so far. Want to see the guy get more chances. 

On a side note, I’ve been really impressed by the two young TEs. Great attitude and willingness to do whatever. Including the dirty work like blocking. I think Lee Smith was a great under the radar character guy to bring in and show those guys how to do things. They’ve made a big impact in the games. 

What I LOVE is Lee Smith saying he’s doing all he can to help them take his job. He’s teaching them all he can, and a lot of players don’t feel that way. He seemed sincere, and that’s awesome! Might he have a future career in coaching? I have to appreciate the guy for that. 

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Roberts gets snaps ahead of Foster when he comes back healthy.  He was getting a good amount of 1st team reps in camp.

Foster has the physical talent....lacking everywhere else.  It's probably the same reason why he didn't play much at Alabama.  I know he played behind good talent but he was the #1 WR prospect out of HS...he was supposed to be the one playing.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Joe B said on the all 22 there were at least 3 plays that appeared designed to go downfield to foster but didn’t happen for one reason or another 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe B said on the all 22 there were at least 3 plays that appeared designed to go downfield to foster but didn’t happen for one reason or another 

So far that’s been the one thing Josh Allen hasn’t really unlocked yet this year. The deep ball. Some of it might be jitters. He let the one (should be TD) go to Brown, but that’s been missing so far from his game this year. Good news is he’s showing growth as evidenced by our long drives which to me means more than if the team was having similar success going deep and getting quick hitters. It takes real work and concentration to sustain drives like he has been doing. I think the deep ball will come, but they’ve clearly made a concerted effort to get him to take what’s there and not push it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

So far that’s been the one thing Josh Allen hasn’t really unlocked yet this year. The deep ball. Some of it might be jitters. He let the one (should be TD) go to Brown, but that’s been missing so far from his game this year. Good news is he’s showing growth as evidenced by our long drives which to me means more than if the team was having similar success going deep and getting quick hitters. It takes real work and concentration to sustain drives like he has been doing. I think the deep ball will come, but they’ve clearly made a concerted effort to get him to take what’s there and not push it. 

I think defenses saw the deep ball on film and are aware of his arm so are trying to take that away and make him complete the shorter stuff. Fortunately he’s improved in that area.

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think defenses saw the deep ball on film and are aware of his arm so are trying to take that away and make him complete the shorter stuff. Fortunately he’s improved in that area.

Exactly. The scouting report on Josh coming into this season was take away the deep ball and take away the scramble. So far in the first two games he has flipped the script and shown he can work the short and intermediate stuff. 

Good luck defensive coordinators. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, eball said:

Exactly. The scouting report on Josh coming into this season was take away the deep ball and take away the scramble. So far in the first two games he has flipped the script and shown he can work the short and intermediate stuff. 

Good luck defensive coordinators. 

Indeed.

The only part that still needs to come together in the passing attack is deep throw timing. I think we may see that happen on Sunday...

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Roberts gets snaps ahead of Foster when he comes back healthy.  He was getting a good amount of 1st team reps in camp.

Foster has the physical talent....lacking everywhere else.  It's probably the same reason why he didn't play much at Alabama.  I know he played behind good talent but he was the #1 WR prospect out of HS...he was supposed to be the one playing.

Not defending Foster, but the reason he didn't play much at Bama was injuries. 

53 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Not defending Foster, but the reason he didn't play much at Bama was injuries. 

I don't think this is true.  He injured his shoulder his red shirt sophomore year.  He didn't play much before or after that.

I'm in SEC Country and many of my friends are Bama.  I've asked them all about Foster and they all said he was a disappointment at Bama.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think this is true.  He injured his shoulder his red shirt sophomore year.  He didn't play much before or after that.

I'm in SEC Country and many of my friends are Bama.  I've asked them all about Foster and they all said he was a disappointment at Bama.

Had season ending injuries in his sophomore and junior seasons. Didn't play much as a redshirt freshman. Didn't do much his senior year, Calvin Ridley caught all of the Alabama passes that season. 

Edited by PaattMaann

10 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Had season ending injuries in his sophomore and junior seasons. Didn't play much as a redshirt freshman. Didn't do much his senior year, Calvin Ridley caught all of the Alabama passes that season. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what his bio at Alabama says.  Looks like he played in 8 games as a junior?

https://rolltide.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3902

2016 (Junior)

An explosive wide receiver who was the Tide’s No. 1 option in 2015 before a shoulder injury ended his season in the third game ... returned from injury as part of one the nation’s deepest receiving units. USC: Saw extensive playing time in his first game back since getting injured a year ago ... did not record any stats in the game against the Trojans. Western Kentucky: Caught his first three passes of the season for a total of 13 yards ... had a long reception of six yards ... also rushed one time for a loss. Ole Miss: Entered the game to help replace the injured ArDarius Stewart ... did not record any stats in his reserve role. Kentucky: Hauled in two catches for 42 yards, including a career-long reception of 27 yards. Arkansas: Earned playing time against the Razorbacks but did not record any stats. Tennessee: Saw time on offense and special teams ... made his first tackle of the season, stopping the UT returner on the opening kickoff. Texas A&M: Continued his play on special teams while also seeing time on offense but did not record any stats. Mississippi State: Played against the Bulldogs on special teams and offense but did not record any stats. Chattanooga: Entered late in the game on special teams but did not record any stats. Clemson: Saw time on special teams against the Tigers.