Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

6 minutes ago, iinii said:

What to know for fantasy: Cincinnati's John Ross is the only player in football with a 50-plus-yard reception in both weeks this season, but opponents have completed just one deep pass (15-plus air yards) against Buffalo this season. See Week 3 rankings.

I am not a fantasy person but that D stat is impressive!

The catch he had last week was vs SF’s backups but still, he’s a threat with the speed

Bengals Board seems to think they just need to keep Josh in the pocket and make him beat them with his arm.  

I guess Allen just needs to keep proving opposing fan bases wrong one opponent at a time. 

Two down, fourteen + to go. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No...this is surprising.

Three trillion. That's the staggering number of trees on Earth, according to a new tally that astounds even the scientists who compiled it.

Three trillion is three followed by 12 zeroes, which is more than the number of stars in the Milky Way and more than the number of cells in a human brain. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/09/02/earth-three-trillion-trees/71578324/

Then why do people keep telling me to save them???

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bengals Board seems to think they just need to keep Josh in the pocket and make him beat them with his arm.  

I guess Allen just needs to keep proving opposing fan bases wrong one opponent at a time. 

Two down, fourteen + to go. 

I love it. He'll carve em up. He looks like the real deal to me, and that's regardless of any running capability. 

That said, we're taking the bengals entirely too lightly on here. 

Edited by NickelCity

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No...this is surprising.

Three trillion. That's the staggering number of trees on Earth, according to a new tally that astounds even the scientists who compiled it.

Three trillion is three followed by 12 zeroes, which is more than the number of stars in the Milky Way and more than the number of cells in a human brain. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/09/02/earth-three-trillion-trees/71578324/

Can we shoot for 4 trillion for Arbor month? 

#toastthetrees

https://www.angelsenvy.com/toast-the-trees/?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I love it. He'll carve em up. He looks like the real deal to me, and that's regardless of any running capability. 

That said, we're taking the bengals entirely too lightly on here. 

Some might but I’m quite sure the team isn’t. 

They have a beat up OL, but the best passing attack with the best QB and best WRs we’ve faced this season.  

Their defense isnt very good, but they still have Geno Atkins up the middle.  

Played the Seahawks down to the wire.  

We certainly will need to continue playing well to come away with a W, as is this case most weeks in the NFL.  

Edited by SCBills

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Some might but I’m quite sure the team isn’t. 

They have a beat up OL, but the best passing attack with the best QB and best WRs we’ve faced this season.  

Their defense isnt very good, but they still have Geno Atkins up the middle.  

Played the Seahawks down to the wire.  

We certainly will need to continue playing well to come away with a W, as is this case most weeks in the NFL.  

Weve always gotta play well, as you said. This is the NFL, there are no gimmes. The Jets didnt look good against us but Im a bit perturbed that the most common take I see is that the Bills defense has only played against ***** teams when in reality the Jests had Darnold and they added Bell, Crowder and other weapons. This was a bolstered Jets offense we went against, not the Simean/Falk offense the Browns played against. I just wish I saw more of "The Bills neutralized a bolstered Jets offense" instead of LOL you only played the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jletha said:

Weve always gotta play well, as you said. This is the NFL, there are no gimmes. The Jets didnt look good against us but Im a bit perturbed that the most common take I see is that the Bills defense has only played against ***** teams when in reality the Jests had Darnold and they added Bell, Crowder and other weapons. This was a bolstered Jets offense we went against, not the Simean/Falk offense the Browns played against. I just wish I saw more of "The Bills neutralized a bolstered Jets offense" instead of LOL you only played the Jets.

That Jets defense minus Q and Moseley played the Browns pretty tough.  

I’m not entirely sold that the Browns win that game if they faced the team we faced opening day. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills can't afford to take anybody besides Miami lightly, but that's the weekly reality for nearly everyone in the NFL.  I'm sure McDermott will keep the team focused on the Bengals and have them ready to play on Sunday.  That said, I think fans are right to be highly confident about this game.  Cincinnati is a one-dimensional team with a bad defense.  If we can't sit on a team like that at home, then we were never in any danger of qualifying for the playoffs anyway.

My only worry is going into the game with just two RBs (not counting DiMarco).  That's thinner than I would like.  Otherwise, this should be a straightforward win barring anything weird.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

The Bills can't afford to take anybody besides Miami lightly, but that's the weekly reality for nearly everyone in the NFL.  I'm sure McDermott will keep the team focused on the Bengals and have them ready to play on Sunday.  That said, I think fans are right to be highly confident about this game.  Cincinnati is a one-dimensional team with a bad defense.  If we can't sit on a team like that at home, then we were never in any danger of qualifying for the playoffs anyway.

My only worry is going into the game with just two RBs (not counting DiMarco).  That's thinner than I would like.  Otherwise, this should be a straightforward win barring anything weird.

I agree with this to a point and it would certainly be disappointing but we’ve seen good teams make the playoffs after losing to a bad team early in the season. Nfl teams are just not that far apart talent wise, generally, and I wouldn’t jump to define either team after week 3. Indy started out last year 1-5. That’s not typical but teams make the playoffs in November and December.  Just saying I won’t define the Bills for the season either way after Sunday, but feel they would be wasting a decent opportunity if they don’t win. 

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

That Jets defense minus Q and Moseley played the Browns pretty tough.  

I’m not entirely sold that the Browns win that game if they faced the team we faced opening day. 

Yea agreed. Despite the turnovers, we moved the ball well against the Jets even with Mosely. But, all we can do it keep wining. Although even if we win this Sunday we coud very well be 3-0 against 3 winless teams.

The ghost of Bills past play down to the level of their opponent.

I am cautiously optimistic that this team is comprised of better men who will bring the same intensity and responsibly execute their 1/11th role regardless of the opponent.

They do that, they win and I start believing in them a bit more.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree with this to a point and it would certainly be disappointing but we’ve seen good teams make the playoffs after losing to a bad team early in the season. Nfl teams are just not that far apart talent wise, generally, and I wouldn’t jump to define either team after week 3. Indy started out last year 1-5. That’s not typical but teams make the playoffs in November and December.  Just saying I won’t define the Bills for the season either way after Sunday, but feel they would be wasting a decent opportunity if they don’t win. 

Agreed!   One win or loss does not a season make.   We can't get too worked up over a bad performance.  Just like a lopsided win wouldn't mean we're on the way to the super bowl.    But... this is a great opportunity to get a conference win against a beat up team looking for an identity.    It would be regrettable if they show up unfocused and lose this game... knowing they have tougher teams further down the schedule.  

It's the type of game that if we missed the playoffs because of a single loss, we'd all look back and wonder what if.   So hopefully they show up with another solid game plan, play focused, play hard and get the W.