Sign in to follow this  
PlayoffsPlease

Browns DE Chris Smith’s Lamborghini crashed on 90W this morning, after he reported a tire blew, girlfriend killed

51 minutes ago, RU5781 said:

Oh man...just saw the woman who hit her was drinking. She blew a 0.08. 

SMH. Tragedy all around. 

Absolutely horrible please people if your car breaks down on the side of the highway get as far away from it as you can see this happen way too many times

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Absolutely horrible please people if your car breaks down on the side of the highway get as far away from it as you can see this happen way too many times

yep.

not a comparison. but my car caught on fire. and folks were blowing by me at 70 as  was running around it trying to put it out. nearly got killed more couple times over fifteen minutes

get off the road. the shoulder is no longer a safe spot.

sorry to tangent here.

crazy stuff happens on the roadways these days. night and day

• Like (+1) 1

Cordero and Smith were pulled over to the side of the highway after Smith’s vehicle had a tire malfunction, resulting in a one-car accident as the vehicle entered a spin and ultimately hit the median. After exiting the car without significant injuries, Cordero was struck by an oncoming vehicle. Cleveland Police and paramedics arrived on scene shortly after the incident.  

Smith and Cordero recently celebrated the birth of their daughter, Haven Harris Smith. Smith was excused from the Browns-Colts preseason game so that he was able to attend the birth.

This is horrible., You know damn well the 1st thin he did after the accident is look at his girlfriend and ask if she was alright. They get out of the car to survey the damage and bam she's dead.

they just had a kid and he missed a preseason game to attend the birth. This is tragic. I can not imagine the pain this man feels right now

Edited by ddaryl

Utterly tragic, especially with a baby to be without it's mother. For the child's sake, I hope it's father can pull himself back together after this. Words fail, really. :(

27 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Also never stand in front of your car on a highway. Stand behind the car because if someone clips the car its going to wipe you out if your in front of it. Common sense to many, but I still see people standing in front of their disabled cars on the side of the road

• Like (+1) 1

How terrible. I am sorry to hear this. Any little problems that I thought I had...disappeared.

5 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

How terrible. I am sorry to hear this. Any little problems that I thought I had...disappeared.

we forget sometimes

i do hate being reminded how petty i can be 

....just horrific.........I-90 in Ohio is 70 mph, but it's pretty easy to get in a caravan doing 80+...cannot imagine blowing a tire at those speeds...

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

we forget sometimes

i do hate being reminded how petty i can be 

I know...any little problems that we invent for ourselves become trivial compared to this. Poor young lady struck down in the spring time of her life.

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

I know...any little problems that we invent for ourselves become trivial compared to this. Poor young lady struck down in the spring time of her life.

and how it cascades to the one left to pick up the pieces. Takes a hell of a lot of strength.

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and how it cascades to the one left to pick up the pieces. Takes a hell of a lot of strength.

Oh yeah! 

Horrible. Yet another example (in an endless stream of examples) of why there should be no tolerance for drunk driving. Lock them up and throw away the key.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So if I got it, the tire blew, they got out of the car and were standing waiting for help, and another car struck and killed her?

Yikes.  Awful.

That is why you don't stand by the car.  Get 50 feet away from the highway....across the ditch if necessary, and watch what happens.  Don't be near the car.

Lambo....maybe north of 80?

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

That is why you don't stand by the car.  Get 50 feet away from the highway....across the ditch if necessary, and watch what happens.  Don't be near the car.

Without knowing the locale, I’m not judging.

As general advice yours is sound,  but there are highways with no good place to go and others where getting away from your car gets you into another package of issues 

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Lambo....maybe north of 80?

Nope - you stay right in the car as long as the car is not on fire.  Wait for the emergency team to help slow down the traffic and get them to move over.

The instinct is to get out and check things out, but you are safest in the car surrounded by metal.

What a tragedy and you just hate to see this - my heart goes out to them.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RU5781 said:

Oh man...just saw the woman who hit her was drinking. She blew a 0.08. 

Send her away. I know the guilt of living with this is a punishment in of itself, but she needs to be locked up for a long time. 

Why are so many people in our society so damn selfish? 

11 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Browns DE Chris Smith’s Lamborghini crashed on 90W this morning, after he reported a tire blew. Police say Smith and his girlfriend, Petara Cordero, were standing in the berm when another car hit and killed Cordero.

Thats terrible, died for nothing. People need to pay attention when they're driving.