Jets going down - Angry Gase throws Darnold, Kicker, Anderson, Greggo under the bus. "I can do whatever I want"

Reed83HOF

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

It's tough to have it both ways.  The penchant for "coach speak" after a tough loss is somewhat universally detested.  I heard that criticism of Flores' comments about how they all have to be better and it's on all of them, etc.  Then a coach speaks frankly about his team's shortcomings and he can criticized for that too.  He could throw in a blunder or two that was on him to make it seem like he was being real.

The difference is, would you rather be criticized by the media or your players. 

3 hours ago, patzen said:

That's awesome. The most important aspect of this win is how much of an absolute gut punch it is to the Jets. They have the talent to compete but I hope they completely fall apart.

Their next 10 games is very very touch,   They could easily be a 0-11 or 1-10 team.

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I’m so loving this thread and the good feelings imparted by a division foe’s implosion, who was picked to beat us for #2 in the East! At this point can we say 2 down, Pats left to go before we get automatic home field advantage for at least one playoff game? :P

I know, I know...I need to dial it back and tone it down...duly noted. Hopefully this post ages well! 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

See, here is where I have a problem with "If" ing the game.  If the Jets had a better FG kicker.  If they hadn't caught a couple of lucky bounces.  If our D had caught a couple of Darnold's deflections.  You can go all through the game saying "if this or that play were different" but if it were different, it would have been a different game with different calls and decisions all through.

Fair enough but imo the Jets aren't that good.  It's a team we shouldn't have to come back from 16 points late.  

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

Fair enough but imo the Jets aren't that good.  It's a team we shouldn't have to come back from 16 points late.  

The Jets and their coaches and fans disagree with you.  They think they are that good and did much to improve at several positions.  A bunch of pundits disagree also since they picked the Jets for #2 in the division and us for what, 6 or 7 wins?

Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Adam Gase summed up his football philosophy in one short sentence.

“That’s the beauty part of being the head coach – I can basically do what I want,” Gase said.

Gase’s first shot came when he was asked about the offensive line and whether that unit’s struggles helped explain some of the offense’s overarching inefficiency.

His answer? “Some of it was the O-line, but I would say if we read the coverages correctly with the receivers, some of that isn’t a problem.”

Robby Anderson got the worst of Gase’s wrath. The coach was asked about Darnold averaging just 6.25 yards per completion and the lack of shots taken downfield and came back with this clear snipe at his wideout:

“Yeah, if we just make plays on the balls that we actually threw down the field, that’s a different number," Gase said. "I mean, we had opportunities. We had a chance to win the game. We have to come out of our double move. The guy falls down and we don’t come out running. So if we do that, then all of a sudden we’re scoring a touchdown. Guys need to do a better job of executing what they’re supposed to be doing.”

That was a blatant jab at Anderson, who got behind the defense late in the fourth quarter. Darnold’s ball sailed over his head. Apparently, Gase didn’t like Anderson’s effort.

OK, so Gase ripped into his own offense. How about Gregg Williams’ defense? How’d the cornerbacks look on tape?

“I feel like we have some slight room for improvement," Gase said. "I’ll say that nicely.”

I just fell in love with you a little for posting this.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, FLbills said:

I thought the same thing at first and then I realized that the author was referring to Gase being a little crazy, wearing his heart on his sleeve, etc. Gives a lot more to report about and from the author's perspective, it's refreshingly awesome. At least that's how I interpreted it.

I thought it was humor from the reporter.
and that's how i will file it.

dude is wacked. 

33 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

They did pull through at the end but played poorly overall the 1st 3 quarters.  If the Jets had a better FG kicker we might be talking about a different result you know.

Onward and upward.  

They did not play well consistently, but I do feel that they played w effort throughout the game. On Allen’s part maybe a little too much effort early on. Big fella needed to settle down.

• Like (+1) 1