Bills 17, Jets 16!! Game Balls...

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Singletary was the guy who really gave us a spark when we were dead in the water. 

Allen was much better on the last 2 drives. We really need to create some balance with the offense and mix in the run with more Singletary and take some deep shots. 

I wonder if it helped for Singletary that they barely ran the ball early on and he was pretty fresh late in the game when the Jets defence was worn down. He made some good runs and helped win the game later on.

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Game completely changed when Mosley went out. That guy was worth every penny the Jets paid for him.

Allen makes some train wreck decisions. Just ridiculously bad. Should've had two more INTs but played better once the Bills started to get some traction on the ground.

Ill take it, but offense and Allen better figure out a different approach.... he still scares me a bit going forward.

I always considered myself a good judge of character... and to quote Chandler81, "You're an idiot." I don't know if that works here, and I am not sure who you are, but you seem like the type of person who tries to bring everyone back to "reality"... AKA: "a person who could leave these boards and make everyone else happy"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, MDH said:

I didn’t hear Tre White’s name all day. I didn’t even really ever see him on my screen. I’m not sure they ever threw the ball in his direction.

Thats shut down right there.

I don't think they threw his way, not even once if I'm not mistaken. That tells you right there that they definitely respect him.

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I don't think they threw his way, not even once if I'm not mistaken. That tells you right there that they definitely respect him.

I remember once he was in coverage and he gave up a completion maybe 10 yards. But they had zero downfield pass game against us. The D was outstanding start to finish.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

I always considered myself a good judge of character... and to quote Chandler81, "You're an idiot." I don't know if that works here, and I am not sure who you are, but you seem like the type of person who tries to bring everyone back to "reality"... AKA: "a person who could leave these boards and make everyone else happy"

Nailed it.

53 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Glad you mentioned Milano. He was a stud and may turn into a Pro Bowl player. He's really improved. The first year he had a bunch of highlight plays but was rather pedestrian most of the time. Last year he was much better all around. Today he was a monster (sometimes it seemed that Bell was getting open but I think that was bad scheme stuff. I really like him now.

He's gotten bigger, which is allowing him to play more with his hands.

If the Bills can become a playoff regular, he'll get recognized.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

It sounded like he was reading the stat. He said of teams that have 4 turnovers and the other team has none, on the road, they lose 99% of the time.

He was reading a lot. He also read all about John brown when he was supposed to be reading about Josh Bellamy. Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Allen is still a bit amped early in the games and we saw some communication challenges with Morse who drew a tough assignment without a lot of game action till today.

Defense was solid, Allen made some good decisions with the ball and a few bad ones, but more often I saw the maturation to throw it away when needed.

Mosley is a stud and it hurt the Jets losing him. The Jets have some talent...was a slug fest with a lot of batted balls and Allen had the lion's share of bad bounces.

There were a few by Darnold that could have gone poorly for a pick six but he got the better bounces.

Tough win and more work to do, but I will take it.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

ScottLaw, ScottLaw, ScottLaw.

What are we gonna do with you?

Yes, Allen made some bad decisions.  It's part of being a young QB and being under a lot of pressure, physical pressure from a stout DL and mental pressure from a strangely devised game plan that started out excessively pass heavy.

But here's the thing: if we had a QB who took off running too much, folks would justly criticize that (and did last year).  If we had a QB who was scared to pull the trigger and make a throw unless his receiver is college-open,  folks would justly criticize that (and did so, heavily, when TT was our QB).   Instead we have a young QB who is seeing plays and making throws he left on the field last year, and also making poor decisions at times.  It goes with the territory of having a young guy.

What is this?

image.thumb.png.ef1d177c65849ae1da5bcc5780d2d397.png

I think you're going to see nothing but half empty glass until the QB version of Mary Poppins floats down with zir umbrella and measures zimself as "Practically Perfect in Every Way".

"Half empty" is unreasonably generous with this poster.

He sees "A glass of poison designed to trick children into drinking.  Not enough to kill them, but too much to recover from, certain to leave them with a lifetime of agony and broken dreams."

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

He's always like that, IMO, though. I think they were in position to stop him all game but couldn't. But I also didn't think that Darnold was going to beat us passing. So it was dumb for the Jets to not feature Bell more. He was the only one doing anything. A couple times it was third or fourth and short and they didnt even have him in the backfield as an option, which was ridiculous. We had everyone figured out but him.

My impression of Adam Gase is that he's the sort of guy who's  pointing out he's the smartest man in the room.  The typical pattern of that kind of guy is he outmarts himself.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My impression of Adam Gase is that he's the sort of guy who's  pointing out he's the smartest man in the room.  The typical pattern of that kind of guy is he outmarts himself.

Totally! I don't understand the attraction of that guy at all. I think he's terrible. And I don't see him getting along with Williams after a bunch of games.

36 minutes ago, WorstTEever81 said:

That’s just Scott being Scott. Don’t worry, he’ll balance it out by failing to mention when a key Bills player gets injured in a loss. ;)

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Fair enough.

Its less than 24 hours after a Bills win. I'll save the critiques for later in the week. Great comeback win. 

I think it's perfectly fair to critique.  For example, I didn't care about the decision making on two throws - one that was brought back by penalty, one the guy dropped. (I thought the actual INTs were relatively flukey plays).

But I think it's important to have some balance and perspective too.  I saw Allen stepping up and making a bunch of throws he didn't or couldn't make last year.  I saw him staying in the pocket and going through his reads at points where he would have just tucked it and flew last year.  I saw WR who seem to have a chance of making catches where we had none last year.

Otherwise it's not critique, it's just unbalanced negativity.

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

"Half empty" is unreasonably generous with this poster.

He sees "A glass of poison designed to trick children into drinking.  Not enough to kill them, but too much to recover from, certain to leave them with a lifetime of agony and broken dreams."

I think you credit him with more imagination than perchance he doth possess

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's always like that, IMO, though. I think they were in position to stop him all game but couldn't. But I also didn't think that Darnold was going to beat us passing. So it was dumb for the Jets to not feature Bell more. He was the only one doing anything. A couple times it was third or fourth and short and they didnt even have him in the backfield as an option, which was ridiculous. We had everyone figured out but him.

Eh.....I thought the Bills were keying hard on Bell late and that opened up some plays down the field that Darnold recognized but just couldn't convert.

Here's the thing about Bell.........he surprises you with some nifty plays he makes in traffic and some oooh catches he makes for a RB.......that mesmerizes the viewer.......but he's not a real explosive RB so ultimately he's good for about 4 yards per carry. 

That was his ypa in Pittsburgh in 2017......less than league average per carry.

Today it was just 3.5 ypa despite *seemingly* frustrating the Bills D.........but with his receptions he had 23 touches for 92 yards.......4 yards per touch.........which isn't very productive offense........that would make him the leagues worst per touch guy by the end of the season.

So I wouldn't blame the Jets for going away from it...........it really wasn't producing.    

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Eh.....I thought the Bills were keying hard on Bell late and that opened up some plays down the field that Darnold recognized but just couldn't convert.

Here's the thing about Bell.........he surprises you with some nifty plays he makes in traffic and some oooh catches he makes for a RB.......that mesmerizes the viewer.......but he's not a real explosive RB so ultimately he's good for about 4 yards per carry. 

That was his ypa in Pittsburgh in 2017......less than league average per carry.

Today it was just 3.5 ypa despite *seemingly* frustrating the Bills D.........but with his receptions he had 23 touches for 92 yards.......4 yards per touch.........which isn't very productive offense........that would make him the leagues worst per touch guy by the end of the season.

So I wouldn't blame the Jets for going away from it...........it really wasn't producing.    

2017 he was tops in rushing and had 4.0.

Second was Shady at 4.0

Third was Gordon at 3.9. Then 4.7, 4.1, 4.9, 3.9, 3.7, 4.1., 4.1, and 3.9, 3.7

He's exceptionally good.

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Sean McDermott.  He always has them play until end 

I’ll say this... for all of those that say the “culture” thing is a joke.... today was an example of what culture can do. When you have a bunch of guys that care more about the team than themselves, this can be the result. 

McDermott’s teams don’t ever quit on him...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Glad you mentioned Milano. He was a stud and may turn into a Pro Bowl player. He's really improved. The first year he had a bunch of highlight plays but was rather pedestrian most of the time. Last year he was much better all around. Today he was a monster (sometimes it seemed that Bell was getting open but I think that was bad scheme stuff. I really like him now.

That's an interesting observation. There were a number of plays where I thought he got caught watching Darnold and not his coverage and got exposed. Maybe I missed a bunch? Actually asking.