Bills 17, Jets 16!! Game Balls...

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Darnold made a bunch of very nice little plays. But if i watched this game and had a choice of which one I wanted, I think I take Josh.

For sure Darnold had some nice plays.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Allen (2nd half)

singletary

wallace

DL

hauschka

Smoke

Sauce

What the hell is everybody smoking. He was sooo bad today. 

This was not a, “well if we got a couple more breaks” game. We got those breaks and still turned the ball over 4 times. Easily could have been 6 or more. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Game completely changed when Mosley went out. That guy was worth every penny the Jets paid for him.

Allen makes some train wreck decisions. Just ridiculously bad. Should've had two more INTs but played better once the Bills started to get some traction on the ground.

Ill take it, but offense and Allen better figure out a different approach.... he still scares me a bit going forward.

Part of the game Scott.  Part of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Yup. Mosley did NOTHING on his TD. In fact, I was amazed that he didn't seem to react much at all until the ball popped up to him. He was pretty good but the Bills moved the ball a lot when he was in.

It was an incredibly fluky play.  That pass should be caught 95 out of 100 times and just incomplete 4 times. 

And yeah they moved the ball when he was in.  They just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Singletary
Brown
Lawson

Honorable mention: Allen, Milano

Dunce: Daboll

Next week I hope to see this team assert themselves a bit more. No more completely changing your approach because the other team is good in specific area of the field. Make them beat you, don't beat yourself.

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Game completely changed when Mosley went out. That guy was worth every penny the Jets paid for him.

Allen makes some train wreck decisions. Just ridiculously bad. Should've had two more INTs but played better once the Bills started to get some traction on the ground.

Ill take it, but offense and Allen better figure out a different approach.... he still scares me a bit going forward.

I definitely thought they should have ran the ball more than they did earlier in the game. I mean they started out firing and continued to fire, seemed like they took forever to start to run the ball.

That's really mostly the main thing they should do a little different. If they can continue to run the ball they way they did the 2nd half that will open up all kinds of good stuff for Allen and the WR's

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Luka said:

Singletary
Brown
Lawson

Honorable mention: Allen, Milano

Dunce: Daboll

Next week I hope to see this team assert themselves a bit more. No more completely changing your approach because the other team is good in specific area of the field. Make them beat you, don't beat yourself.

Glad you mentioned Milano. He was a stud and may turn into a Pro Bowl player. He's really improved. The first year he had a bunch of highlight plays but was rather pedestrian most of the time. Last year he was much better all around. Today he was a monster (sometimes it seemed that Bell was getting open but I think that was bad scheme stuff. I really like him now.

• Like (+1) 3

Glad you mentioned Milano. He was a stud and may turn into a Pro Bowl player. He's really improved. The first year he had a bunch of highlight plays but was rather pedestrian most of the time. Last year he was much better all around. Today he was a monster (sometimes it seemed that Bell was getting open but I think that was bad scheme stuff. I really like him now.

Bell really is one of the top talents at running back and they kept him under 100 yards from scrimmage. Milano played as well as you could hope in coverage. One of the surest tacklers on the team.

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Bell really is one of the top talents at running back and they kept him under 100 yards from scrimmage. Milano played as well as you could hope in coverage. One of the surest tacklers on the team.

I couldn't believe the Jets didn't run and throw to him more. We couldn't really stop him. Possible he was on a pitch count.

I couldn't believe the Jets didn't run and throw to him more. We couldn't really stop him. Possible he was on a pitch count.

He had some good plays but he also had a handful of runs for no gain or negative yards. I don't think he was on a pitch count, I think the defense just held their own.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He makes some really bad decisions at times. It needs to stop.

ScottLaw, ScottLaw, ScottLaw.

What are we gonna do with you?

Yes, Allen made some bad decisions.  It's part of being a young QB and being under a lot of pressure, physical pressure from a stout DL and mental pressure from a strangely devised game plan that started out excessively pass heavy.

But here's the thing: if we had a QB who took off running too much, folks would justly criticize that (and did last year).  If we had a QB who was scared to pull the trigger and make a throw unless his receiver is college-open,  folks would justly criticize that (and did so, heavily, when TT was our QB).   Instead we have a young QB who is seeing plays and making throws he left on the field last year, and also making poor decisions at times.  It goes with the territory of having a young guy.

What is this?

image.thumb.png.ef1d177c65849ae1da5bcc5780d2d397.png

I think you're going to see nothing but half empty glass until the QB version of Mary Poppins floats down with zir umbrella and measures zimself as "Practically Perfect in Every Way".

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They stopped him more often than not........they just had a bunch of plays that stand out and on most of those they missed tackles they gotta' make.

That 4th down conversion was unbelievable.   He's good but when a 340# DT has him held up WHOEVER shows up next has to be able to tackle him.    Defense was very good today but tackling could have been better for sure.    Saquon Barkley isn't going to be any easier to bring down.

• Like (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Mango said:

What the hell is everybody smoking. He was sooo bad today. 

This was not a, “well if we got a couple more breaks” game. We got those breaks and still turned the ball over 4 times. Easily could have been 6 or more. 

Again, what did you expect to see?

I saw Allen standing in the pocket where he would have taken off last year.  I saw him making (and completing) throws he would not have made last year, and if he did, they would not have been caught - I am so far most impressed with our WR acquisitions.  He successfully completed 2 TD drives in the 4th quarter to overcome 4 TO and win on the road.  You can't coach that kind of steadiness and fortitude and we haven't had it here since Kelly (except for occasional flashes of Good Fitz).  That Beasley INT was pretty durn fluky, and the other ball was tipped - some of that's gonna happen.    The other team's defense gets paid, too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They stopped him more often than not........they just had a bunch of plays that stand out and on most of those they missed tackles they gotta' make.

That 4th down conversion was unbelievable.   He's good but when a 340# DT has him held up WHOEVER shows up next has to be able to tackle him.    Defense was very good today but tackling could have been better for sure.    Saquon Barkley isn't going to be any easier to bring down.

He's always like that, IMO, though. I think they were in position to stop him all game but couldn't. But I also didn't think that Darnold was going to beat us passing. So it was dumb for the Jets to not feature Bell more. He was the only one doing anything. A couple times it was third or fourth and short and they didnt even have him in the backfield as an option, which was ridiculous. We had everyone figured out but him.