Bills 17, Jets 16!! Game Balls...

YoloinOhio

37 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He was up and down but made plays when we needed him to.  You can look at his demeanor at the end of the game, he wasn't happy with this performance.

And this is why he will be a great NFL QB.  I saw the same look.  He will learn from his mistakes and make less of them next week. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I wouldn't say he dominated but his teammates didn't do him many favors.  The first fumble was because of the quick sack.  The pick-six was off Beasley's hands.  The fumbled snap was on Morse.  And then you have Feliciano getting a one-sided taunting penalty to push them out of FG range.  Then there was the safety.

This.

The bounces were not kind to Allen's stat lines, but good teams find a way to win, bad teams find a way to lose.

He hung in there, and Daboll figured out ways to negate the Jets inside rush and run blitz by pulling linemen and sealing the perimeter for some nice gains.

Once they got the run moving and honestly having Mosley sidelined helped, our run game started to get traction and Josh was able to hit some downfield plays.

Almost feel like Allen has heard that he needs to hit the underneath routes so much that we failed to really test the Jets deep when I felt we had some good mismatches with their corners.

I'll take the win and my Bills being undefeated for now.

9 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Edmund's getting no love. All over the field

I was actually expecting him to be taken out of a lot of game action as his pass defense/cover responsibility was Bell, who’s excellent as a receiving threat. But he’s so damn fast, he could turn from watching Bell and get into the tackles elsewhere. Fantastic player played a fantastic game.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

That’s okay if you think that but yes, honestly i really do hope i’m wrong because he’s our QB good or bad and i’m not here starting stupid prediction threads like @transplantbillsfan I’m just going on what I see - he’ll never win us more than 8 games unless he gets significantly better.

Dude.

Allen was good today.

Seems pretty clear he improved in the offseason.

65% passing with at least a couple drops from a guy who's advertised as sure-handed, taking what the defense gives him, standing in the pocket rather than consistently searching for a run, came through clutch with a big 4th quarter deficit to overcome.

What was your problem with him today?

If it's the turnovers, go back and watch them. None of them were due to a stupid decision or inaccurate pass on his part. The ball just bounced funny for us.

And yet we still won.

We're winning more than 8 games, so brace yourself.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Dude.

Allen was good today.

65% passing with at least a couple drops from a guy who's advertised as sure-handed, taking what the defense gives him, standing in the pocket rather than consistently searching for a run, came through clutch with a big 4th quarter deficit to overcome.

If it's the turnovers, go back and watch them. None of them were due to a stupid decision or inaccurate pass on his part. The ball just bounced funny for us.

And yet we still won.

I got em going 11-5 so I am fully braced. 

12 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I couldn't believe the Jets didn't run and throw to him more. We couldn't really stop him. Possible he was on a pitch count.

I don’t think he was on a pitch count - this is Gase’s offense - how many times in Miami did they stick with the run or make sure the RB stayed involved?

I think Bell was out there almost every play, but he is going to be criminally underutilized for his salary in this offense.  Part of the reason Gase was so upset about how much they paid Bell.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it's perfectly fair to critique.  For example, I didn't care about the decision making on two throws - one that was brought back by penalty, one the guy dropped. (I thought the actual INTs were relatively flukey plays).

But I think it's important to have some balance and perspective too.  I saw Allen stepping up and making a bunch of throws he didn't or couldn't make last year.  I saw him staying in the pocket and going through his reads at points where he would have just tucked it and flew last year.  I saw WR who seem to have a chance of making catches where we had none last year.

Otherwise it's not critique, it's just unbalanced negativity.

I think you credit him with more imagination than perchance he doth possess

That touch pass to Beasley that he dropped is the perfect example - Allen read the play beautifully and with perfect touch put it right into Beasley’s hands.  

He has made that throw throw a few times this season (preseason) and it shows so much progress for who he was last year.

There was also a great video of the Brown TD from the end zone and you can see Allen look at Brown - look to the middle of the field at the safety- peak at Brown - then quickly move his head back to the middle of the field just before throwing the TD pass.  That would have been a pick early last year because Allen was staring down receivers in that situation, but he has learned.

He is not perfect, but man is he exciting.

Loved this from Micah Hyde 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/08/bills-defense-responds-in-tough-times-were-built-for-this/

“It’s kind of weird,” safety Micah Hyde said. “When the offense turned the ball over a few times, the defense would huddle up before we went on the field, and dudes are smiling, like, ‘Hey, we’re built for this.’ Kind of like a weird-type smile. There are some creepy, crazy dudes on this defense, and we take pride in those opportunities.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Dude.

Allen was good today.

And yet we still won.

Thanks for pointing that out.

The inaccurate line of bull has got to stop as a narrative- 65% and he had at least 3 balls hit receivers on the hands that were accurate throws.  He threw the ball away at least 2 times.  He had at least 2 balls that got hit at the line of scrimmage.  Even his 2 really poor decisions that were jumped by Jets defenders - the passes were spot on the receivers.  

That means 9 of the 13 incompletions were either on target or because of the batting of the ball at the line of scrimmage we won’t know. 

Josh Allen was extremely accurate with the ball today.  It does not change that he had some bad decisions and a ton of bad luck early in the game, but his improvements from last year was remarkable.  The touch passes, the stepping up in the pocket, the changing of the plays at the line of scrimmage - he has progressed far beyond where he was and you can see why people think he has such a high ceiling.

The narrative will continue to be about the inaccurate plays and the TOs in this game because those that said he was a mistake have to justify their hot takes, but the truth is he outplayed Darnold today, is better than Rosen, and even outplayed Mayfield.  The only QB from last year playing better is Jackson and that guy just played his butt off.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I just want to bump this. 

" “It’s kind of weird,” safety Micah Hyde said. “When the offense turned the ball over a few times, the defense would huddle up before we went on the field, and dudes are smiling, like, ‘Hey, we’re built for this.’ Kind of like a weird-type smile. There are some creepy, crazy dudes on this defense, and we take pride in those opportunities.” "

How cool is that?