Zeke 6 years $90 millionw/ $50 mil guarenteed

Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I see what you did there @YoloinOhio, well played! However, doesn’t change the fact he’s still overpaid imho. If I can still get reasonably close to his production for a fraction of the cost, then why bother? Need to save my shekels for the QB and dominant D line! 

21 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

The Cowboys overpaid,   Anyone who pays BIG money for a RB is insane.  

Any one who pays that kind of money for some one to play a game is insane !! Just saying ... 

Or they have more money than brains 

Edited by T master

Fans get hooked on the 300 yard passing games, 300 yard passers were only 65-65-2 last year. Teams with 100 yard rushers were 84-26-1 last year and a whopping 49-9-1 through the first 11 weeks. The narrative is it's a pass first league, but the records for teams with 300 yard passers & 100 yard rushers say otherwise.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, he can handle a lot of touches. That's cool and all, but I can get 3 RBs for far less money that can do that too. I'd take almost any other team's RB situation over the Cowboys, especially considering the OLine Dallas has.

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Fans get hooked on the 300 yard passing games, 300 yard passers were only 65-65-2 last year. Teams with 100 yard rushers were 84-26-1 last year and a whopping 49-9-1 through the first 11 weeks. The narrative is it's a pass first league, but the records for teams with 300 yard passers & 100 yard rushers say otherwise.

Correlation =/= Causation. These stats are purely correlation. Teams only get 100 yard rushers these days when they're running the clock out with a lead. On the flipside, you're more likely to accrue more passing yards when you're playing catch up.

40 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I see what you did there @YoloinOhio, well played! However, doesn’t change the fact he’s still overpaid imho. If I can still get reasonably close to his production for a fraction of the cost, then why bother? Need to save my shekels for the QB and dominant D line! 

He is being paid his market value. I don’t think he’s overpaid. Whether or not a team believes his market value is aligned to his value to that team is a totally different story. In this case, the ‘Boys believe it is 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Oooooh interesting stuff.  I wonder what the passing yards were for the 100 yard rusher games. 

He is being paid his market value. I don’t think he’s overpaid. Whether or not a team believes his market value is aligned to his value to that team is a totally different story. In this case, the ‘Boys believe it is 

Fair enough—but it does seem to be a step back in time nonetheless. We’ll see how the money moves play out for them going forward. 

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Fair enough—but it does seem to be a step back in time nonetheless. We’ll see how the money moves play out for them going forward. 

Zeke is a tremendous receiver and blocker in addition to running the ball. He’s an all around offensive weapon, a true every down back. He’s the modern, new age RB, not a step back in time. 

31 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, he can handle a lot of touches. That's cool and all, but I can get 3 RBs for far less money that can do that too. I'd take almost any other team's RB situation over the Cowboys, especially considering the OLine Dallas has.

Correlation =/= Causation. These stats are purely correlation. Teams only get 100 yard rushers these days when they're running the clock out with a lead. On the flipside, you're more likely to accrue more passing yards when you're playing catch up.

Maybe maybe not. It seems like you're just trying to throw everything neatly in a box and wrap it up with a bow. It's odd that it's the same QBs over & over though. Mahomes -10, Goff - 8, Luck - 8, Big Ben - 8, Ryan - 8, Brady - 7, Brees - 7. On the flip side, Zeke - 8, Gurley - 7, Barkley - 7, Michel - 6, Carson - 6. To say teams only get 100 yard rushers these days when running out the clock is short sighted. The top 10 teams in rushing totals nowadays are still pretty much even to the early 2000s(That's as far back as I could go at the moment).

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Zeke is a tremendous receiver and blocker in addition to running the ball. He’s an all around offensive weapon, a true every down back. He’s the modern, new age RB, not a step back in time. 

Yes, but is that alone enough to justify such a large cap hit as part of the whole? Just asking. Here’s a deeper dive into the production numbers FWIW:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ezekiel-elliott-is-not-worth-the-money-he-wants/

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yes, but is that alone enough to justify such a large cap hit as part of the whole? Just asking. Here’s a deeper dive into the production numbers FWIW:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ezekiel-elliott-is-not-worth-the-money-he-wants/

In their case, it is. He’s the straw that stirs the drink of that offense.

2 hours ago, Sunshower said:

We made the playoffs with him. I’d suggest that if you have a great QB, a RB is less important. If you have no QB, a great RB is necessary. I feel those two realities are on a sliding scale that goes up and down depending on the competency of your QB. Even a game manager such as Dak or Dalton may need more oomph at RB to be successful, while Rodgers or Brady would be fine with a stable of okay RBs.

Thanks you Cincy for Passing the ball to gt us in the playoffs.

Never pay a RB, I repeat NEVER pay a RB 

Just now, Sunshower said:

That’s a weak case, Bobby.

Is it?

How Many SBs have Dallas won with this Dominate RB, and best OL in the league that ANY RB can perform behind?

What about Minny in the last generational Talent RB in Peterson?

Edited by MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Is it?

How Many SBs have Dallas won with this Dominate RB, and best OL in the league that ANY RB can perform behind?

What about Minny in the last generational Talent RB in Peterson?

Elite RBs have been part of a many of Super Bowl teams. Chicken or egg? I think more is more. If Singletary turns into a dominant back, sign him.

The better the QB, the less dire the need of a superstar RB, but also the less dire the need of a superstar #1 WR or an all star OL or a Legion of Boom defense. You build a team with what ya got. A superstar QB mitigates just about every weak positional group on the entire team, but football is still a team sport, except each team may be structured differently depending on what resources are available in FA and how many hits ya get in the draft.