Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I expect this. They'll pound it up the middle with Bell a lot and try to set up the play action. Oliver just needs to hold his ground and let the LBs clean up. It's not going to be a sexy game for him unless the Jets get desperate.

after watching Gase call plays in Miami I don’t expect him to do this. He greatly underutilized his RBs.  I Expect the short passing game and screen passes 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

after watching Gase call plays in Miami I don’t expect him to do this. He greatly underutilized his RBs.  I Expect the short passing game and screen passes 

It just depends on the RBs he has. He's not going to underutilize Leveon Bell. Remember when CJ Anderson emerged in Denver Gase's last year there? 850 rushing and 300 receiving. Bell can do the same things even better...and much much better than the RBs he had in Miami. I don't think Gase is dumb enough not to run the ball early and often against the Bills defense. 

I'd be happy if he decides to lean on the passing game against the Bills' secondary, though. ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It just depends on the RBs he has. He's not going to underutilize Leveon Bell. Remember when CJ Anderson emerged in Denver Gase's last year there? 850 rushing and 300 receiving. Bell can do the same things even better...and much much better than the RBs he had in Miami. I don't think Gase is dumb enough not to run the ball early and often against the Bills defense. 

I'd be happy if he decides to lean on the passing game against the Bills' secondary, though. ?

And then we will see if my skepticism on Ed Oliver's ability to hold up against the run was well founded or not.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And then we will see if my skepticism on Ed Oliver's ability to hold up against the run was well founded or not.

I'm a little skeptical, but not too worried. I think the Bills have the talent to counter whatever the Jets do on offense. I see bigger holes in the Jets defense.

• Like (+1) 1