Gruden keeps 3 QB's to keep Peterman (UPDATE: IR'd)

BigDingus

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Barkley is a slightly better Peterman.  Not sure it is that huge of a gift. 

Slightly better? I don't think Barkley is a stud but he is a hell of a lot better than Peterman. 

20 minutes ago, JoeF said:
The real news here is that Peterman has an arm????  Who knew.

#Raiders QB Nathan Peterman has a small tear in non supporting ligament in his elbow, source said. That is what landed him on Injured Reserve.

Phew. That saves me a bet. I had a bet with the Peterman lover on here last summer that he would not be an NFL active roster week 1 of 2019. I was worried I hadn't factored in Gruden level stupidity.... but seems I am safe. 

Equally I don't consider him being IR'd me "winning" the bet either. 

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Kizer may be the only QB in the league who is worse than Peterman.

Kizer and Peterman are not that bad. They played on AWFUL teams with no offensive lines and no receivers.  Neither is an NFL started but both are very capable backups on decent teams with franchise QB's.  When Franchise QB's go down, it really doesn't matter anyway. The season is over.

1 minute ago, FUTURIST said:

Kizer and Peterman are not that bad. They played on AWFUL teams with no offensive lines and no receivers.  Neither is an NFL started but both are very capable backups on decent teams with franchise QB's.  When Franchise QB's go down, it really doesn't matter anyway. The season is over.

Why didn't anyone tell Jeff Hostetler ??!?!?!?!

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

not sure that ir means the whole year or 10 weeks or something like that, but there goes my peterman / kelly  afc playoff shootout.....

He can be activated from IR after 8 weeks.  I doubt they will just to have him on the 53 man roster.  If injuries create a need, he's available at that point.

4 minutes ago, notwoz said:

I wonder if this is just a ploy for Gruden to save face by cutting him eventually.

The Raiders would have put him on IR prior to cutdown day if that were the case.  They specifically waited so he might be called up if need be later in the season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Why didn't anyone tell Jeff Hostetler ??!?!?!?!

Sorry you season is over when your franchise QB goes down, UNLESS you have a HOF coach and a future HOF defensive coordinator and the opposing team's coach gets conservative and forces his field goal kicker to try a 47 yard field goal on grass.   ?

Edited by FUTURIST

46 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Did he refuse to go when they tried to put him on IR earlier, or did they just want to make doubly sure that he didn't see the field this year so they did it twice?

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

You are going to do well around here...

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 2