Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

How about that guy at DE they signed last week ... I think Holland was his name, out of Auburn ... I kinda liked him coming out of his draft ... I thought he'd sprain a finger and get I'Rd. Any word yet on his fate ?

Still on the team I think.

40 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Stlll lots of cuts to be made.  The timing of these is interesting...perhaps hoping to "bury" some releases among the noise to sneak guys on the practice squad?

Perhaps they are looking to trade McLaughlin. It's a shame we have to let him go. He was good in college & he has looked good here.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

A lot of folks wanted him as a UDFA. I could be wrong, but I believe we made him the highest paid UDFA.

Yeah but back then you were going after him based on potential.  He hasn't shown it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Doc said:

Yeah but back then you were going after him based on potential.  He hasn't shown it.

True, but it's interesting he wasn't an early cut based on his nearly zero results in pre-season/camp. I wanted to draft him with a day 2 pick. Imagine my surprise when he went undrafted.

If he makes the team there has to be something else at play. Perhaps he absolutely blew them away in the classroom and they've intentionally had him focus on his weaknesses during camp and pre-season or something. It's really weird though.

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Duke will kill the Bills, and others, once New England signs him.  Dumb move no matter where he winds up.

Duke isn’t killing anyone with that speed. He’ll get a look somewhere but he isn’t all of a sudden going to become a stud.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, eanyills said:

Duke isn’t killing anyone with that speed. He’ll get a look somewhere but he isn’t all of a sudden going to become a stud.

How many times have we said as fans, "Cutting that guy is going to burn the Bills in the end.  He's going to be a stud in this league and the Bills will regret their decision."   And how many times has that happened?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2