*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

37 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

That was one of my first UB games as well. My third one was their first win in D-1. I'd be surprised if there was 75 people there combined between both games. 

There was a proposal that lasted about five minutes to build the new Bills stadium in Amherst and share it with UB. Oh what an opportunity that could have been. That said I do hope the Bulls play a game there once in a while.

• Agree 1

As impressive as the Amherst campus stadium was in comparison to the Main St. campus, there was something fun about standing on that top rickety row of the east bleachers at Rotary Field, and watching rowdies fire down rolls of toilet paper.  I think I was in 6th or 7th grade when I did that.  An easy walk from home, in a different time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/4/2023 at 2:48 PM, I am leaving for good said:

All I care about is that UB Bulls broke ground on there sport’s performance athletics center that will open for the 2024 UB Bulls football season. Then UB Bulls need to do something about UB Stadium starting with their outdated video scoreboard in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You can thank Lance Leipold for the sports performance center even though he’s in Kansas. He was the one that got that set in motion before he left. 

The hideous scoreboard was also on the docket but nothing about the stadium that im aware of 

12 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

You can thank Lance Leipold for the sports performance center even though he’s in Kansas. He was the one that got that set in motion before he left. 

The hideous scoreboard was also on the docket but nothing about the stadium that im aware of 

There has been talk of removing the running track and lowering the field, replacing the track with another section of seating. I'd also get rid of the "Erector Set" end zone bleachers and get fans closer to the field. A better scoreboard is an obvious need.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There has been talk of removing the running track and lowering the field, replacing the track with another section of seating. I'd also get rid of the "Erector Set" end zone bleachers and get fans closer to the field. A better scoreboard is an obvious need.

I was on the staff in 2017 and they converted the football offices which everyone knows about already. The Fieldhouse, Weightroom, and Scoreboard were the next 3 that were always talked about with the field house being attached to the weightroom at the time. I'm obviously now not in the building so things could have changed in 6 years for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I was on the staff in 2017 and they converted the football offices which everyone knows about already. The fieldhouse, weight room, and scoreboard were the next 3 that were always talked about with the field house being attached to the weight room at the time. I'm obviously now not in the building so things could have changed in 6 years for sure. 

I had no idea you were part of the program. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I had no idea you were part of the program. 

Yea, I did recruiting, Video, and Operations, as well as some quality control(breaking down film) work for Lance and his Staff for about a year and a half but the pay wasn't great and I'm older so I gave it up. Work in Pharmacy Operations now.  I began being trusted enough to get the pleasure of being in team and staff meetings. Lance is a great guy and treats everyone fairly. Can't say enough good things about the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yea, I did recruiting, Video, and Operations, as well as some quality control(breaking down film) work for Lance and his Staff for about a year and a half but the pay wasn't great and I'm older so I gave it up. Work in Pharmacy Operations now.  I began being trusted enough to get the pleasure of being in team and staff meetings. Lance is a great guy and treats everyone fairly. Can't say enough good things about the guy. 

Any thoughts from you or anyone you left behind on Coach Mo? He can recruit but can he coach? Those late game meltdowns last year were troubling.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Any thoughts from you or anyone you left behind on Coach Mo? He can recruit but can he coach? Those late game meltdowns last year were troubling.

There is literally no one left on the UB staff from when I was there besides Julie O’Neill so I can speak for his staff but one thing Leipold always did was find high end QB play and then developed OL and found JUCO kids on the DLine very well. 

It’s funny Charlie Jones almost wasn’t a take until the last minute. He was all but going to North Dakota State. The Pattersons were grayshirted and anyone could have snapped them up but no one came for them. Would have been a crusher. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

There is literally no one left on the UB staff from when I was there besides Julie O’Neill so I can speak for his staff but one thing Leipold always did was find high end QB play and then developed OL and found JUCO kids on the DLine very well. 

It’s funny Charlie Jones almost wasn’t a take until the last minute. He was all but going to North Dakota State. The Pattersons were grayshirted and anyone could have snapped them up but no one came for them. Would have been a crusher. 

Thd Pattersons were duo as you know and nobody gave them dual scholarships besides UB and another Mac school late iirc... Idk if the grey shirt woulda changed things because no big school wanted Jarrett 

Charlie Jones was another guy no big school wanted besides MAC schools and he played the transfer portal game

Man he was a stud even his first year here!

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Fordham this week. Should be a full house and rockin'! Not too often we get to host a patriot league powerhouse 

Somebody please give me a heads up if this gentleman posts in this thread again.

Thank you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.