Tremaine Edmunds' run stopping

CNY315

Just now, eball said:

Dude, I am going to so enjoy seeing all of the “Edmunds had a bad year” and “he didn’t look good, he’s out of position” ninnies eat their words this season.

Isn’t it possible that he could have just improved from his rookie year?  Personally, he was the least of my concerns but he definitely had some things he could improve on.  Instead of being angry at people thinking he could improve, be happy that he does. ?

• Like (+1) 9

I saw this on YouTube yesterday I think, he is doing well, don’t you think?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Isn’t it possible that he could have just improved from his rookie year?  Personally, he was the least of my concerns but he definitely had some things he could improve on.  Instead of being angry at people thinking he could improve, be happy that he does. ?

That’s his point , people were saying he had no clue, too tall, out of position among other things and that he couldn’t play mlb. They thought a rookie 20 year old was already at his peak 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He isn't being angry. I think all @eballis saying that he's tired of all the posters who are overly negative to young players, that prematurely call people busts and want players benched or coaches fired. It would be nice if people could admit they were wrong and maybe look for the positives in a rookie and give the kid time to grow from playing.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Admit they were wrong? ?

He had some REALLY bad games last year.... and some real good ones. Yes, he was young but he was also very inconsistent. 

Hows that wrong to say?

I think fans just want to see him take the next step and improve upon certain things. 

I think the distinction is that while sometimes he “didn’t” play well, some people were saying he “couldn’t” play well in the middle. They often said he needed to be moved. To say he “couldn’t” will hopefully turn out to be wrong.  I’m pretty sure 99.9% of us want nothing but the best for our team. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, eball said:

Dude, I am going to so enjoy seeing all of the “Edmunds had a bad year” and “he didn’t look good, he’s out of position” ninnies eat their words this season.

Why would i do that ?
I hope very much he kicks tail this year.

at times he looked amazing and other he took a poor angle or wrong. he looked bad when he did that. but he was a very young rookie with a lot on his shoulders. I never lost faith in him. even though he had some tough mistakes.

No doubt he has a fine ceiling in body and mind for us Bills Fans.

Love the Kid

needs a haircut though

I really feel like reading through this thread and others that there's been an over correction of the false premise that preseason performance is incredibly important. While it's not the be all, end all, it means SOMETHING.

You can see the improvement in Edmunds game. It's obvious. I didn't see this mean streak or recognition last preseason. He looked lost. Now; not so much. I'm sure teams are still going to gameplan to take advantage of his past overpursuit, but I feel much better about Edmunds based on what I've seen. It's still football.

But Nathan Peterman! That's a complete anomaly and the QB position is unique.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Who’s angry? I’m thrilled that all of the knee-jerk idiots who couldn’t see a 20-year-old learning on the job will learn a life lesson about jumping to conclusions. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Who’s angry? I’m thrilled that all of the knee-jerk idiots who couldn’t see a 20-year-old learning on the job will learn a life lesson about jumping to conclusions. 

are there any examples of folks who wrote him off completely based on the 2018 season?

Like Biscuit said, he had a few poor games last year.  -Especially- defending against the run.   Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

There was a ton of chatter about him being out of position and how he should be moved outside. More so that he didn’t have the instincts to play LB at the NFL level. I had this asinine argument with people. It was insane. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

He was out of position a lot last year. He can also be much improved this year because it was only his rookie season. I don't understand why so many people on this board feel personally attacked when a player is criticized. 

7 hours ago, RiotAct said:

are there any examples of folks who wrote him off completely based on the 2018 season?

Like Biscuit said, he had a few poor games last year.  -Especially- defending against the run.   Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

7 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

He was out of position a lot last year. He can also be much improved this year because it was only his rookie season. I don't understand why so many people on this board feel personally attacked when a player is criticized. 

20. Years. Old. Given the prime responsibility on the defense. Wow, it’s amazing he needed to learn on the job.

Those of us with an ounce of foresight saw what the Bills were doing, giving this kid a year to learn as they rebuilt the roster. A lot of you immediately went the lazy, typical route of criticizing the move and blaming the organization. 

Edited by eball

2 hours ago, Pbomb said:

That’s his point , people were saying he had no clue, too tall, out of position among other things and that he couldn’t play mlb. They thought a rookie 20 year old was already at his peak 

Yeah, I felt like he might have been too tall and thin to take on NFL linemen and in the middle and would have been better as an outside LB.  He had some games where he didn't seem stout enough in middle, that New England game where we gave up 300 rushing yards comes to mind. 

He didn't have any experience playing the Mike LB in school and I was thinking how he just seemed better fit to be in space as a weakside LB, a natural fit for him.   Need to be fast, good at coverage and many times you're chasing the play from the backside which he's great at.   

He sure seems comfortable in there now though.   The QB of the defense, just had his first legal beer a few months ago.   Nice job to the Cover 1 dude who put this vid together and great work Tremaine.... keep it going man!   We have Saquon, Leveon Bell and Mixon first three games of the year.  Assuming Bell is any good still, that's 3 ninja running backs in a row, the kid needs to be poppin out there.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

There was a ton of chatter about him being out of position and how he should be moved outside. More so that he didn’t have the instincts to play LB at the NFL level. I had this asinine argument with people. It was insane. 

His length and pass coverage skills plus lateral speed may have suggested he would be excellent playing outside with a TE. not a knock on him.