Per Bills LB coach Bob Babich, Bills keeping “6 LBs”

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This might be the most randomly irrelevant post of the day,

and yet, interesting.

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

Last time I saw Mike Tice, he was pounding drinks at Sideline Sports bar the night before the Bills Raiders game in 2017. Looked like hell. Guess the O line coach didn't need to be overly on his game that day. Knew Carr was going to get buried. 

Did you ask him for Super Bowl tickets?

6 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Makes sense they need the extra spot to keep a wr.

It makes sense because they will spend a lot of time in big nickel.

6 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

They have to be forward thinking here knowing that this is Zo’s last year. Somebody else has to stick or be labeled as another position to protect the continuity, in my opinion. 

Seems like that guy is Thompson right now, but could be Joseph too. That's why I think they need to keep Joseph over one of Lacy/Stanford/Alexander who definitely aren't the Zo replacement. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was 5th rd I think but I agree, he will make it because of the draft position over a guy who was signed off the waiver wire or street last year. 

Beane hates cutting draft picks.  He did last year with Austin Prohel but he was a late 7th pick.  I don’t see Joseph going anywhere 

1 minute ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Seems like that guy is Thompson right now, but could be Joseph too. That's why I think they need to keep Joseph over one of Lacy/Stanford/Alexander who definitely aren't the Zo replacement. 

You need one LB who almost exclusively can play teams.  That has been Lacey's role.  You don't need both of them. Stanford is the MLB backup, Thompson has been OLB

Salary info per Over the Cap FWIW -

Maurice Alexander: 850k base, 1M cap number:  If released 150k dead cap, 850k cap savings

Julian Stanford: 1.25M base, 1.525M cap number:  If released 175k dead cap, 1.35M cap savings

Vosean Joseph: 495k base, 576k cap number: If released 81k dead cap, 495k cap savings

Deon Lacey: 645k base, 645k cap number: If released 0k dead cap, 645k cap savings

The true crime in all of this is that Julian Stanford will make twice as much as Matt Milano this year. 

Matt Milano: 645k base, 710k cap

Mo Alexander will be a Jet week 1.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

You need one LB who almost exclusively can play teams.  That has been Lacey's role.  You don't need both of them. Stanford is the MLB backup, Thompson has been OLB

Salary info per Over the Cap FWIW -

Maurice Alexander: 850k base, 1M cap number:  If released 150k dead cap, 850k cap savings

Julian Stanford: 1.25M base, 1.525M cap number:  If released 175k dead cap, 1.35M cap savings

Vosean Joseph: 495k base, 576k cap number: If released 81k dead cap, 495k cap savings

Deon Lacey: 645k base, 645k cap number: If released 0k dead cap, 645k cap savings

The true crime in all of this is that Julian Stanford will make twice as much as Matt Milano this year. 

Matt Milano: 645k base, 710k cap

Mo Alexander will be a Jet week 1.

Not a crime. 

Merely a result of collective bargaining

What I think should happen

SLB: Lorenzo Alexander / Deon Lacy

MLB: Tremaine Edmunds / Vosean Joseph

WLB: Matt Milano / Maurice Alexander

I'd like to keep Stanford but there is no way if risk losing Joseph... Joseph could potentially be our Lorenzo replacement once Zo retires. I don't see Stanford as anything but a back up. The last spot should come down to him a Lacy. Both have played well Lacy had been awesome

With this being said. I think McDermott is going to keep Lacy and Stanford. And Maurice will probably be cut. 

Did we get any clarity on this subject after last night? We're discussing 5 LB's for 3 spots: Joseph, Stanford, Thompson, M. Alexander, and Lacey. Who among these players can back up at MLB besides Stanford? Do Stanford and Thompson also play special teams? I think you also have to guarantee Joseph a roster spot because there's no way he's passing waivers on the way to the practice squad. So we're really down to 4 guys competing for 2 spots.

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Zo

Milano

Edmunds

Thompson

Think those 4 are all but in. Mo Alexander I think has a leg up because he plays teams. So then it comes down to Lacey, Stanford and Joseph for one spot. 

Agree and I am guessing Stanford is the odd man out.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:42 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Maurice Alexander is a LB - does he get cut or go in a special “ST” category? 

I think you are too heavy in an offhand comment 

id guess he’s used to 6 and said 6. If they are sitting at the table debating guy 53 and there’s value at lb compared to guard they’d still keep 7 lbs