Thursday Night preseason games

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I was so confused by this at first...

There's only room for one "Josh Allen" on this board...

Is he the new Right Josh? “Right Now” Josh? So many Joshes, so little time.

14 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Redskins' Jordan Reed gets injured whenever he steps onto a football field.  Tonight, after not playing all preseason, another concussion.  This guy will be a pathetic cripple in retirement.  There should be a law against this insanity (as well as the Redskins). 

People were trying to push me to take him in fantasy - I was like hell naw. Been there done that. Not getting burnt again.

Edited by YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He's looked good against backups. When he faced starters last week, he didn't look as good though.

I think Flores is wise to not start him. They can wait until mid-season after Fitz has sucked for a few games and everyone knows their season is over.

Yeah but you know Fitz isn't the answer so why wait. Trading for Rosen was buying a cheap lottery ticket might as well find out if you're a winner.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah but you know Fitz isn't the answer so why wait. Trading for Rosen was buying a cheap lottery ticket might as well find out if you're a winner.

Agree. I can’t think of a single reason to start Fitz. Play Rosen, see what you have. Then determine what you need to do in the draft. You have to evaluate him, plain and simple. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agree. I can’t think of a single reason to start Fitz. Play Rosen, see what you have. Then determine what you need to do in the draft. You have to evaluate him, plain and simple. 

I don’t disagree with you from a strategic long term standpoint; however, the dichotomy is that you at least have to pretend to be trying to win each game for your fanbase, which makes Fitz the better suited short term win one game this week answer over Rosen, I think that’s why. Once Fitzy bottoms out, then seamless logical transition to “right” Josh. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I don’t disagree with you from a strategic long term standpoint; however, the dichotomy is that you at least have to pretend to be trying to win each game for your fanbase, which makes Fitz the better suited short term win one game this week answer over Rosen, I think that’s why. Once Fitzy bottoms out, then seamless logical transition to “right” Josh. 

I’m not sure fitzy is good enough to warrant that type of fan response. He’s been so bad at times and been through the Fitz circle of life so much that I don’t know if he even presents the mirage of trying to win.... jmo 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yeah but pretty much everyone sees this season being a pile of hot garbage for them(are their fans actually optimistic?) so why not a hot pile of garbage that might tell you something.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah but pretty much everyone sees this season being a pile of hot garbage for them(are their fans actually optimistic?) so why not a hot pile of garbage that might tell you something.

I’m with you—but I don’t think you can be that obvious about it as a coaching staff, at least not when everyone starts out the season tied for 1st place in the division. Let hope spring eternal for at least the first 3 weeks or so.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure fitzy is good enough to warrant that type of fan response. He’s been so bad at times and been through the Fitz circle of life so much that I don’t know if he even presents the mirage of trying to win.... jmo 

Which speaks volumes about the confidence Rosen engenders coming in behind Fitzy! 

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I’m with you—but I don’t think you can be that obvious about it as a coaching staff, at least not when everyone starts out the season tied for 1st place in the division. Let hope spring eternal for at least the first 3 weeks or so.

Which speaks volumes about the confidence Rosen engenders coming in behind Fitzy! 

Yeah but that's the kind of thing that results in Peterman starting against the Ravens it was pointless and mercifully over quick but McDermott still gets crap for that.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah but that's the kind of thing that results in Peterman starting against the Ravens it was pointless and mercifully over quick but McDermott still gets crap for that.

I don’t know if Flores survives this year either way—regardless of expectations. He’s going to want to at least keep the games competitive. So glad we’re looking in the rear view mirror on this type of QB uncertainty issue!

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol Trace McSorley out there carving up the Iggles 

I like him a lot and if the Ravens cut him we should really think about adding him to the PS.  Much better than Tyree IMO.  Some of the same flaws as Allen coming out just with less physical tools.  That said he can and will run and he isn't terrible throwing the ball.  Showed some moxie in college as well.

6 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Bengals tag line this season: #SeizetheDEY

Yea or Nay?

Nay. If it only because it can be taken two ways.  As I'm sure you know, the "dey" refers to their thing "Who Dey (think gonna beat dem Bengals?"  So you could be seizing dey who think dey gonna beat dem Bengals which is the way they want it but given the meaning of Carpe Diem (Sieze the Day) one could also say Yes! We will seize upon the idea of the "dey" and be dey who beat dem bengals, damn the torpedoes.

Side note, I really hate the Bengals. My uncle is a Bengals fan for absolutely no lordly reason other than to be contrary in a place filled with Eagles and Steelers fan (he roots for the freaking Pirates in baseball - ardently.  Explain to me a person who loves the Pirates but hates the Steelers).  Before we got married my wife and I did a suicide pool for a couple years in a row and we had a rule when it came to picking, if you couldn't decide who to pick, the default was "When in doubt, Cincinnati sucks." and you chose whoever was playing against them.  She talked about it during her speech at our rehearsal dinner.  It was awesome. 

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is that a pacifier or has his beard kicked the chinstrap off his chin?   

FitzBinky

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Haha (+1) 1

I just saw the mess in Winnepeg- how does the NFL allow that to happen? I appreciate they want to expand the game but this type of issue has popped up at least a few times and it is a waste of time and money and effort because no good will is built on only backups playing. NFL needs to ensure fields are up to standard before agreeing to game.