Thursday Night preseason games

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agree. I can’t think of a single reason to start Fitz. Play Rosen, see what you have. Then determine what you need to do in the draft. You have to evaluate him, plain and simple. 

The reason is that he’s not good enough to start. 

11 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

He's looked good against backups. When he faced starters last week, he didn't look as good though.

I think Flores is wise to not start him. They can wait until mid-season after Fitz has sucked for a few games and everyone knows their season is over.

I just happened to see the Rosen drive.  It’s preseason and it’s garbage and meaningless.  But very few young players throw a prettier ball.  The problem is he needs a good oline to make those throws.  For some reason, people hate the guy but he has legit talent.  

50 minutes ago, Doc said:

The reason is that he’s not good enough to start. 

If they have made that decision already, it was a Waste of a 2nd rd pick. I don’t think they are going to give that up so easily without giving him time. I just don’t see how they could know that yet. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If they have made that decision already, it was a Waste of a 2nd rd pick. I don’t think they are going to give that up so easily without giving him time. I just don’t see how they could know that yet. 

I’m sure they expected more when they made the trade 6 months ago. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

He is learning a brand new offense on a new team. He also had 3 OCs in college and 2 on the Cardinals.  He may be a bust but he has been handed absolute crap.  It’s like EJ.  Really raw dude. Let’s hand him the second year Syracuse OC as his OC and qb coach!!!

theres a saying that more nfl qbs are ruined than made.  The good thing for Allen is he is in the same system for 2 years.  While I have questions about Daboll, this is a huge benefit to Allen. 

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Watching the replay right now - didn’t realize SF HS product Jake Dolegala threw a TD last night for the Bengals. Awesome 

10-12  94 yards 2 TDs

A guy from Canisius would have thrown for 4. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He is learning a brand new offense on a new team. He also had 3 OCs in college and 2 on the Cardinals.  He may be a bust but he has been handed absolute crap.  It’s like EJ.  Really raw dude. Let’s hand him the second year Syracuse OC as his OC and qb coach!!!

theres a saying that more nfl qbs are ruined than made.  The good thing for Allen is he is in the same system for 2 years.  While I have questions about Daboll, this is a huge benefit to Allen  

A lot of rookie QBs have been drafted into less than ideal situations.  Rosen will have to show something soon or see the Dols draft a high-1st round QB next year. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I honestly haven’t watched much of him in preseason - I watched some of the game last night but only saw Fitz. Has he been that bad that they would pull the plug already? They have to know they aren’t going anywhere with Fitz. Imo Fitz is the “known” and Rosen is the “unknown”. I’m not betting on Rosen to succeed, but there at least lies a possibility that he could that does not exist with Fitz 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

A lot of rookie QBs have been drafted into less than ideal situations.  Rosen will have to show something soon or see the Dols draft a high-1st round QB next year. 

I think it’s a given that they do this, unless he really looks great. Especially if they draft top 5

Edited by YoloinOhio