Barnwell - Realistic 2019 goals for the NFL's 10 worst teams

Steve O

Every year thee are surprise teams. teams that just come out of nowhere unexpectedly.

ESPN meet the 2019 Bills

There was weird comments about Dawkins struggling badly that didn't make much sense. Yeah the guy had his hands full but he was the bright spot on a dysfunctional under talented rest of the line

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I'd love to curse Barnwells entire lineage, but it seems a well thought out and researched opinion with hard numbers to back up his assertions.  I understand the homer crowd will lose their minds over it though

The homer crowd around here is basically the entire crowd around here.

3 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Barnwell suffers from Allen Derangement Syndrome.

I look forward to Allen making

1572016002_download(21).thumb.jpg.655f8220e84f4bdf77fb45d01aa3db00.jpg

choke on his words.

*muttering over a slide rule*

"nnnn let's see, divide by four, carry the two. wonder if mom's making hot pockets."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

We upgraded with a lot of above average talent, respective of their role on the team.  No "splash" signings and half the analysts think Allen is Jamarcus Russell, so here we are with these articles.

It shows A) It's time to put up or shut up for this team and B) Journalists are lazy.

We're building a team.  I'd rather have a massively upgraded roster in terms of being complete, with depth, than have thrown a bunch of money at Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley.

Josh Allen has all the weapons necessary to change the Josh Allen narrative amongst his haters this year. 

In terms of journalists being lazy..  They don't seem to care about the Roberts, Kroft, Feliciano, Nsehke, Spain, Morse, K Johnson, J Brown, Beasley signings as much as they do 2 or 3 names they recognize.

Bingo. even we Bills fans must admit the offensive line is nowhere near even settled as to whom is starting where in view of Morses' health being an issue much less battle tested and proven. So Defensively Yes this team seems stacked. Offensively while key additions to the WR ranks were added the O-line is still a major question mark. Key word is UNPROVEN.  And to expect media to give them a pass based on conjecture with what they also consider an unproven Josh Allen to boot yep that would be a stretch..this type of article shocks me zero. I'll join the "show me the baby" chorus on this one.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

We upgraded with a lot of above average talent, respective of their role on the team.  No "splash" signings and half the analysts think Allen is Jamarcus Russell, so here we are with these articles.

It shows A) It's time to put up or shut up for this team and B) Journalists are lazy.

We're building a team.  I'd rather have a massively upgraded roster in terms of being complete, with depth, than have thrown a bunch of money at Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley.

Josh Allen has all the weapons necessary to change the Josh Allen narrative amongst his haters this year. 

In terms of journalists being lazy..  They don't seem to care about the Roberts, Kroft, Feliciano, Nsehke, Spain, Morse, K Johnson, J Brown, Beasley signings as much as they do 2 or 3 names they recognize.

This is what I wanted to say but you said it better than I could. I think you should take that journalists job. You did a much evaluation than he did.

Adam Schein

GMFB, especially Kay Adams

Chris Simms

Michael Robinson

Trent Dilfer

Mel Kiper

If you look hard enough there are plenty of writers and analysts that are high on Allen and the Bills. Unfortunately many homers will feel offended if everyone doesn't agree and acknowledge improvements made to the roster and possible success. Same old song and same old solution. Win! 

The much needed respect and acknowledgements you and I crave will follow.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I'd love to curse Barnwells entire lineage, but it seems a well thought out and researched opinion with hard numbers to back up his assertions.  I understand the homer crowd will lose their minds over it though

What it seems like to me is a typical lazy analysis focused on many of the wrong factors and always taking the negative view, with a faulty premise. Consider that “10 worst teams” puts the Bills right back at 6/10.  There is no logic to that at all.  Your homer barb is insulting and just as lazy.  Most people who are seriously following this team, fans or not, and looking beyond the “well, it’s the Bills” conventional wisdom would be very surprised indeed if the Bills manage only 6 wins, barring unforeseen disastrous injuries, etc.  

Try not to break a leg climbing onto the bandwagon when this looks appropriately silly by mid year.

I'm betting heavy on the Bills in Week One. This sort of press is the ideal for the Bills, who will shock the Jets right off the bat and send all of the pundits into a tailspin. It's a prime moneymaking opportunity and I'm not going to miss out.

No game play for LeVeon Bell and just some practice for a guy who hasn't played in a game in over a year? Missing two starting LBs? No real WR1? Offensive line issues? Gase is their HC?

CHA CHING. Screw ESPN. Screw Cowherd. Buckle up!

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

Barnwell suffers from Allen Derangement Syndrome.

I look forward to Allen making

1572016002_download(21).thumb.jpg.655f8220e84f4bdf77fb45d01aa3db00.jpg

choke on his words.

Ah yes.  The mock a person’s appearance because you don’t like what they said.   

I guarantee most posters here look closer to Barnwell than they do Brad Pitt.  It’s fun to be anonymous!!!

41 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Adam Schein

GMFB, especially Kay Adams

Chris Simms

Michael Robinson

Trent Dilfer

Mel Kiper

If you look hard enough there are plenty of writers and analysts that are high on Allen and the Bills. Unfortunately many homers will feel offended if everyone doesn't agree and acknowledge improvements made to the roster and possible success. Same old song and same old solution. Win! 

The much needed respect and acknowledgements you and I crave will follow.

I think all the people you mentioned are awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Not including a 4-12 team in 2018 who hired a HC that was fired and firing their GM after the draft is well thought out?

Hah. You make me laugh.

Homers indeed... *sarcasm off*

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm betting heavy on the Bills in Week One. This sort of press is the ideal for the Bills, who will shock the Jets right off the bat and send all of the pundits into a tailspin. It's a prime moneymaking opportunity and I'm not going to miss out.

No game play for LeVeon Bell and just some practice for a guy who hasn't played in a game in over a year? Missing two starting LBs? No real WR1? Offensive line issues? Gase is their HC?

CHA CHING. Screw ESPN. Screw Cowherd. Buckle up!

Why anyone would bet on their favorite team is beyond me.  If I bet when I was in my homer phase, I would be very broke.  

If anything you bet the other team the Bills are playing for an amount you be willing to pay for a Bills W.  You’re welcome. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Every year thee are surprise teams. teams that just come out of nowhere unexpectedly.

ESPN meet the 2019 Bills

There was weird comments about Dawkins struggling badly that didn't make much sense. Yeah the guy had his hands full but he was the bright spot on a dysfunctional under talented rest of the line

So true.  Here is a link to last years ESPN Power ranking with playoff %.

I'll just list a few of the doozies.

1.  Had JAX as the best team in the AFC South,  they finished dead last.

2.  They had CHI as the worse team in the NFC North (overall rank of 24, 12% chance of playoffs).  CHI won the division over the Packers and Vikings

which they had ranked the 4th & 5th best teams in the league.

3.  Colts were ranked 25th, 2 behind the Bills.

It's just writers guessing at a list.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23591971/2018-nfl-season-stat-record-playoffs-predictions-football-power-index-projections

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why anyone would bet on their favorite team is beyond me.  If I bet when I was in my homer phase, I would be very broke.  

If anything you bet the other team the Bills are playing for an amount you be willing to pay for a Bills W.  You’re welcome. 

I don't bet on the Bills that often at all... but when I do, I rarely lose. The line will be extremely favorable, but I'm betting straight up on the moneyline for added value. That's where the money is and I'm playing it. I never mix my Bills fan status with betting and fantasy football unless there is a prime opportunity to take advantage. Don't believe? OK then, that's you!

• Like (+1) 1