Jump to content
GunnerBill

Predict the Season

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

First of all this is a bit of fun - it is my actual prediction for our final record and yes I know it is almost impossible to get all these details right.... but it sort of sets my expectations for the season:

 

Week 1 - Bills 27 Jets 21 - The Bills open at Metlife and face a first half onslaught from Sam Darnold as the Jets march right down the field their first two possessions and storm into a 14-3 lead. The Bills finally get moving on offense before half time and reduce the deficit to 14-10 at the break. Josh Allen catches fire early in the second half leading a long touchdown drive that is topped off by a pass to Tommy Sweeney in the endzone before Allen rushes 45 yards for the score on a QB keeper. The Bills are up 27-14 until a late Jets TD reduces the arrears but the onside kick attempt fails and the Bills take the W. 1-0

 

Week 2 - Bills 24 Giants 10 - Again the Bills offense is a little slow out of the blocks as the Giants keep this close for a while. Eventually the Bills manage to break a few long runs in the 2nd half and McCoy has a 100 yard day on the ground while Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer both snag 2nd half interceptions from Eli Manning who, though it is not known at that point, is starting for the Giants for the very last time. 2-0

 

Week 3 - Bengals 14 Bills 19 - Cincinnati is not a particularly good team but the Bills coming off a perfect 2-0 road start are a little sloppy in front of the home crowd. The Andy Dalton to Tyler Boyd connection that once sent Bills fans into ecstacy has them staring down the barrel of a 7-0 deficit early on but the ship is steadied before half time and Buffalo is up 10-7. The second half is an ugly slugfest but the Bills kick field goals to keep the Bengals at arms length and then stop them on 4th down at midfield to seal the win. 3-0

 

Week 4 - Patriots 24 Bills 21 - Week 4 brings out the Bills' best performance of the feldgling season as they go toe to toe with Brady and the Patriots. Ed Oliver, held sackless through 3 games, has a breakout performance taking Brady down twice, Matt Milano picks him off and Josh Allen passes for 280 yards and 3 touchdowns. Gotskowski kicks the Patriots ahead with 00:47 on the clock but Allen with a bomb to Brown and then a sideline dart to Zay Jones puts Hauschka in position to tie the game and send it to overtime...... he misses. Wide right. 3-1

 

Week 5 - Bills 19 Titans 16 - Another tough grind of a game. This one is tied up at 6-6 at the half. The Titans are not moving the ball through the air but Mariota is having joy on the ground and the Bills are struggling to make hay against an underrated Titans secondary. The game breaks open on the first Bills play from scrimmage of the 2nd half when Josh Allen hits Robert Foster with a 63 yarder to make the score 13-6. The Titans claw their way back in to restore parity and again the game comes down to the boot of Hauschka as time expires. He nails a 56 yarder. Bills win. 4-1

 

Week 6 - BYE

 

Week 7 - Dolphins 10 Bills 31 - Josh Allen throws a pick 6 to Xavien Howard on his first snap of the game and the Dolphins are up 7-0. It is one way traffic after that though. Ed Oliver knocks Josh Rosen out of the game in the 2nd Quarter by which time the score is 17-7 and then Fitz has total second half meltdown with three turnovers as the Bills run riot. 5-1

 

Week 8 - Eagles 26 Bills 24 - This is the game that gets away. The Bills are up 24-16 as the 4th quarter commences but the offense suddenly stalls and they can't stop Carson Wentz as the Eagles abandon the run game and he drives them down inside the two minute warning for the final score. 5-2

 

Week 9 - Redskins 17 Bills 20 - The Bills start this one hot and Daboll's trickery is wrongfooting the Skins defense as the Bills dominate the first half and lead 17-3 at the break. But again the offense stagnates after half time and Dwayne Haskins has the Redskins back in contention and knocking on the door of a game winning drive. TreDavious White bailes the Bills out with a game winning interception but the fanbase breaks into mass hysteria after back to back weeks of poor second half offensive displays "McDermott is too conservative and Daboll does too much trickery and not enough sound fundamental football" is the TBD reaction but regardless the Bills are 6-2

 

Week 10 - Bills 21 Browns 20 - The 6-2 Bills play the 5-3 Browns and both are getting media attention as potential playoff teams behind their second year Quarterbacks. The Browns lead 7-0. The Bills tie it up at 7-7. The Browns lead 14-7. The Bills tie it up at 14-14 and as the game gets tighter in the second half the Browns eek out two field goals to lead 20-17. 1:14 to play. 1 Time Out. Ball on the Bills 26. Allen leads the Bills down the field and finds Cole Beasley in the front corner of the endzone for his first touchdown grab of the season with 00:02 on the clock. The Dawg Pound despairs. Bills Mafia rejoices. 7-2

 

Week 11 - Bills 17 Dolphins 14 - After the high of Cleveland the Bills are strangely out of sorts in South Florida. Josh Rosen, starting for the first time since Ed Oliver introduced himself to his sternum in week 7 plays a solid game managing the Dolphins offense while Josh Allen throws two picks. In the second half Daboll switches tact and leans on Frank Gore and the Bills grind one out. The defense again needs to make a late stand and the Dolphins try a 62 yarder as time expires. No good. 8-2

 

Week 12 - Broncos 9 Bills 24 - This isn't close. Drew Lock starts for the first time for Denver and he can get absolutely nothing going as the Bills defense totally shuts the Broncos down. Allen has 300 yards and 2 touchdowns, Shady adds another on the ground and this one was over a long way from home. The Buffalo Bills, YOUR Buffalo Bills, are NINE and TWO. 9-2

 

Week 13 - Bills 14 Cowboys 20 - Thanksgiving Football! The Bills come into this one riding a four game winning streak and tied with Patriots atop of the AFCE. They are ahead early in Big D and they still lead 14-13 as the 2 minute warning sounds. But nobody does 4th Quarter comebacks better than Dak Prescott because while he is a limited athletically (as a passer) he is an outstanding decision maker. Amari Cooper jumps over Levi Wallce to grab the game winner. Heartbreak for the Bills. 9-3

 

Week 14 - Ravens 14 Bills 10 - The Ravens schedule is easier early than late and they come into this game above .500. The one thing you can guarantee about a John Harbaugh team is they will be prepared and well coached and their secondary is scary talented. They shut the Bills offense down in a way nobody has done all year. Marlon Humphrey shadows his former teammate John Brown and holds his catchless and while the Ravens offense isn't exactly on fire either they pull out the surprise win. Cue mass hysteria, panic, and pitchforks at the ready among Bills fans. Fire someone! fire everyone! 9-4

 

Week 15 - Bills 27 Steelers 30 - This is another tough loss. The Bills play their hearts out in a game that goes back and forth. We have the ball at the end and a chance to win. Allen throws a time into tight coverage at the Steelers 25 yard line on 4th down that would put us in range to try a game tying FG...... but Zay Jones drops it. Steelers hold on. It's a three game slide. 9-5

 

Week 16 - Bills 22 Patriots 24 - The tough losses just keep coming. The Bills lead 12-10 at half time (Haushcka having missed an extra point) and they continue to frustrate Brady in the third quarter. But eventually he works it out in the 4th and leads two consecutive touchdown drives that give the Patriots the lead. Again the Bills have the ball and a chance to drive down the field and win the game.... but Allen's pass intended for Brown is high and is intercepted by one Stephon Gilmore who is on his way to back to back All-Pro seasons. 9-6

 

Week 17 - Jets 16 Bills 27 - And so it comes down to this. From sailing into the playoffs at 9-2 to a must win week 17 clash with the New York Jets at a hyped up New Era Field. And the Jets lead at half time too. 10-7. On the first Jets offensive series after the interval Ed Oliver hits Sam Darnold as he throws and the ball sails to Jordan Poyer who catches it and then sets off to the house..... Touchdown! The sound of relief is deafening as the stadium explodes in celebration. From then on this is the Bills game and the win is sealed when Allen finds McCoy on a check down inside the redzone and he leaves New Era Field with one last moment of pure Shady magic as he makes guys miss and saunters into the endzone. The Bills are IN the postseason as the 6th seed. 10-6

 

 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

First of all this is a bit of fun - it is my actual prediction for our final record and yes I know it is almost impossible to get all these details right.... but it sort of sets my expectations for the season:

 

Week 1 - Bills 27 Jets 21 - The Bills open at Metlife and face a first half onslaught from Sam Darnold as the Jets march right down the field their first two possessions and storm into a 14-3 lead. The Bills finally get moving on offense before half time and reduce the deficit to 14-10 at the break. Josh Allen catches fire early in the second half leading a long touchdown drive that is topped off by a pass to Tommy Sweeney in the endzone before Allen rushes 45 yards for the score on a QB keeper. The Bills are up 27-14 until a late Jets TD reduces the arrears but the onside kick attempt fails and the Bills take the W. 1-0

 

Week 2 - Bills 24 Giants 10 - Again the Bills offense is a little slow out of the blocks as the Giants keep this close for a while. Eventually the Bills manage to break a few long runs in the 2nd half and McCoy has a 100 yard day on the ground while Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer both snag 2nd half interceptions from Eli Manning who, though it is not known at that point, is starting for the Giants for the very last time. 2-0

 

Week 3 - Bengals 14 Bills 19 - Cincinnati is not a particularly good team but the Bills coming off a perfect 2-0 road start are a little sloppy in front of the home crowd. The Andy Dalton to Tyler Boyd connection that once sent Bills fans into ecstacy has them staring down the barrel of a 7-0 deficit early on but the ship is steadied before half time and Buffalo is up 10-7. The second half is an ugly slugfest but the Bills kick field goals to keep the Bengals at arms length and then stop them on 4th down at midfield to seal the win. 3-0

 

Week 4 - Patriots 24 Bills 21 - Week 4 brings out the Bills' best performance of the feldgling season as they go toe to toe with Brady and the Patriots. Ed Oliver, held sackless through 3 games, has a breakout performance taking Brady down twice, Matt Milano picks him off and Josh Allen passes for 280 yards and 3 touchdowns. Gotskowski kicks the Patriots ahead with 00:47 on the clock but Allen with a bomb to Brown and then a sideline dart to Zay Jones puts Hauschka in position to tie the game and send it to overtime...... he misses. Wide right. 3-1

 

Week 5 - Bills 19 Titans 16 - Another tough grind of a game. This one is tied up at 6-6 at the half. The Titans are not moving the ball through the air but Mariota is having joy on the ground and the Bills are struggling to make hay against an underrated Titans secondary. The game breaks open on the first Bills play from scrimmage of the 2nd half when Josh Allen hits Robert Foster with a 63 yarder to make the score 13-6. The Titans claw their way back in to restore parity and again the game comes down to the boot of Hauschka as time expires. He nails a 56 yarder. Bills win. 4-1

 

Week 6 - BYE

 

Week 7 - Dolphins 10 Bills 31 - Josh Allen throws a pick 6 to Xavien Howard on his first snap of the game and the Dolphins are up 7-0. It is one way traffic after that though. Ed Oliver knocks Josh Rosen out of the game in the 2nd Quarter by which time the score is 17-7 and then Fitz has total second half meltdown with three turnovers as the Bills run riot. 5-1

 

Week 8 - Eagles 26 Bills 24 - This is the game that gets away. The Bills are up 24-16 as the 4th quarter commences but the offense suddenly stalls and they can't stop Carson Wentz as the Eagles abandon the run game and he drives them down inside the two minute warning for the final score. 5-2

 

Week 9 - Redskins 17 Bills 20 - The Bills start this one hot and Daboll's trickery is wrongfooting the Skins defense as the Bills dominate the first half and lead 17-3 at the break. But again the offense stagnates after half time and Dwayne Haskins has the Redskins back in contention and knocking on the door of a game winning drive. TreDavious White bailes the Bills out with a game winning interception but the fanbase breaks into mass hysteria after back to back weeks of poor second half offensive displays "McDermott is too conservative and Daboll does too much trickery and not enough sound fundamental football" is the TBD reaction but regardless the Bills are 6-2

 

Week 10 - Bills 21 Browns 20 - The 6-2 Bills play the 5-3 Browns and both are getting media attention as potential playoff teams behind their second year Quarterbacks. The Browns lead 7-0. The Bills tie it up at 7-7. The Browns lead 14-7. The Bills tie it up at 14-14 and as the game gets tighter in the second half the Browns eek out two field goals to lead 20-17. 1:14 to play. 1 Time Out. Ball on the Bills 26. Allen leads the Bills down the field and finds Cole Beasley in the front corner of the endzone for his first touchdown grab of the season with 00:02 on the clock. The Dawg Pound despairs. Bills Mafia rejoices. 7-2

 

Week 11 - Bills 17 Dolphins 14 - After the high of Cleveland the Bills are strangely out of sorts in South Florida. Josh Rosen, starting for the first time since Ed Oliver introduced himself to his sternum in week 7 plays a solid game managing the Dolphins offense while Josh Allen throws two picks. In the second half Daboll switches tact and leans on Frank Gore and the Bills grind one out. The defense again needs to make a late stand and the Dolphins try a 62 yarder as time expires. No good. 8-2

 

Week 12 - Broncos 9 Bills 24 - This isn't close. Drew Lock starts for the first time for Denver and he can get absolutely nothing going as the Bills defense totally shuts the Broncos down. Allen has 300 yards and 2 touchdowns, Shady adds another on the ground and this one was over a long way from home. The Buffalo Bills, YOUR Buffalo Bills, are NINE and TWO. 9-2

 

Week 13 - Bills 14 Cowboys 20 - Thanksgiving Football! The Bills come into this one riding a four game winning streak and tied with Patriots atop of the AFCE. They are ahead early in Big D and they still lead 14-13 as the 2 minute warning sounds. But nobody does 4th Quarter comebacks better than Dak Prescott because while he is a limited athletically he is an outstanding decision maker. Amari Cooper jumps over Levi Wallce to grab the game winner. Heartbreak for the Bills. 9-3

 

Week 14 - Ravens 14 Bills 10 - The Ravens schedule is easier early than late and they come into this game above .500. The one thing you can guarantee about a John Harbaugh team is they will be prepared and well coached and their secondary is scary talented. They shut the Bills offense down in a way nobody has done all year. Marlon Humphrey shadows his former teammate John Brown and holds his catchless and while the Ravens offense isn't exactly on fire either they pull out the surprise win. Cue mass hysteria, panic, and pitchforks at the ready among Bills fans. Fire someone! fire everyone! 9-4

 

Week 15 - Bills 27 Steelers 30 - This is another tough loss. The Bills play their hearts out in a game that goes back and forth. We have the ball at the end and a chance to win. Allen throws a time into tight coverage at the Steelers 25 yard line on 4th down that would put us in range to try a game tying FG...... but Zay Jones drops it. Steelers hold on. It's a three game slide. 9-5

 

Week 16 - Bills 22 Patriots 24 - The tough losses just keep coming. The Bills lead 12-10 at half time (Haushcka having missed an extra point) and they continue to frustrate Brady in the third quarter. But eventually he works it out in the 4th and leads two consecutive touchdown drives that give the Patriots the lead. Again the Bills have the ball and a chance to drive down the field and win the game.... but Allen's pass intended for Brown is high and is intercepted by one Stephon Gilmore who is on his way to back to back All-Pro seasons. 9-6

 

Week 17 - Jets 16 Bills 27 - And so it comes down to this. From sailing into the playoffs at 9-2 to a must win week 17 clash with the New York Jets at a hyped up New Era Field. And the Jets lead at half time too. 10-7. On the first Jets offensive series after the interval Ed Oliver hits Sam Darnold as he throws and the ball sails to Jordan Poyer who catches it and then sets off to the house..... Touchdown! The sound of relief is deafening as the stadium explodes in celebration. From then on this is the Bills game and the win is sealed when Allen finds McCoy on a check down inside the redzone and he leaves New Era Field with one last moment of pure Shady magic as he makes guys miss and saunters into the endzone. The Bills are IN the postseason as the 6th seed. 10-6

 

 

 

...patience please...the "6 And 10 Gang" should be along shortly...............

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m headed to Dallas for Thanksgiving. Glad to read we’ll still be In The Hunt by then! With that said, an NFL season is all about momentum and going into a possible playoff game having won only one game in the last month and a half of the season is not going to feel as good as the 10-6 record looks on paper. I’d trade that super hot start for another late season win any day. Otherwise it’s going to feel a lot like more like 2017 and Andy Dalton than you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eagles will rely on if Wentz is still playing. 

 

The Cowboys imo is 50-50. 

The Ravens?  BWAAAhahahahha   Sorry Gunner.   I just don't see that at all   Buffalo 54 - Ravens 12 

 

 

The Redskins game should not even be close.  Their QB conundrum is worse that Buffalo's QB purgatory 

12-4 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last 6 games of this prediction is nightmare fuel. I hope my heart is ready for this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Eagles will rely on if Wentz is still playing. 

 

The Cowboys imo is 50-50. 

The Ravens?  BWAAAhahahahha   Sorry Gunner.   I just don't see that at all   Buffalo 54 - Ravens 12 

 

 

The Redskins game should not even be close.  Their QB conundrum is worse that Buffalo's QB purgatory 

12-4 

 

 

This team is going to lose one close game it shouldn't lose somewhere. Just not sure we are quite ready and mature enough to avoid that. It often happens even to more vet teams. The reason I think it could be the Ravens is coming off a let down in Dallas, and they are extremely well coached and have admitted they are going to play an unorthodox brand of football this year. 

 

As for 54..... if the Bills score 54 points on what will likely be the best secondary in football then they are going to win the Superbowl. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jets-31-9

giants 24-10

cincy- 31-28 bills win late with cincy leading the whole game

pats- 14-17 loss

ten-  17-10

4-1 bye week

phins 35 16

eagles 27-30 loss

skins 24 17

browns  17-19 loss

phins  38-14 

broncos 21-10

cowboys 24-21 late field goal wins on national tv as our d shuts down zeke

ravens  19-12 we hold lamar to 4 field goals in a big run game little passing 10-4

steelers 27-21 loss

pats-14-17 same score similar game loss

jets- 42-10 ass kicking to finish off the year with allen lighting up the first half and starters come out and barkley continues the rout. 

 

11-5 wild card. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This team is going to lose one close game it shouldn't lose somewhere. Just not sure we are quite ready and mature enough to avoid that. It often happens even to more vet teams. The reason I think it could be the Ravens is coming off a let down in Dallas, and they are extremely well coached and have admitted they are going to play an unorthodox brand of football this year. 

 

As for 54..... if the Bills score 54 points on what will likely be the best secondary in football then they are going to win the Superbowl. 

 

Agree.  but I hope that changes.

 

with the Ravens ...  I sat in the cold and rain (with many a TDBers also in attendance) watching the Bills get humiliated by them opening week last year.   I want sweet revenge and I sure those others with me feel the same 

@mead107 can attest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it, and I've been calling for 10-6 for months (just looking at the schedule).  But I'm looking at splitting with the Jets, and - yes - splitting with the Pats*.  This is the year the Bills do it.  Beasley moving the chains in the second half while Brady mutters to himself on the sideline.  Belicheck throwing things.  Impotent.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The schedule is a favorable one for Buffalo besides the challenging stretch at the end.     Many of these teams are on the lower tier of offense which should make the matchups favorable with Buffalo's defense even if the offense struggles in some games.

 

I see a similar season to 2017 as far as a good start and a bit of a slide towards the end.      I am predicting a 4-2 start and a 9-7 finish with Buffalo being in the playoff hunt until the very last week.    The team is not too far away and I feel like next year will be when "the process" starts to pay off with a few playoff years ahead. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we lose 4 in a row at any point of the season, I might need to finish the season in a hospital.

10-6 is what I predict as well...just not 4 in a row.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

First of all this is a bit of fun - it is my actual prediction for our final record and yes I know it is almost impossible to get all these details right.... but it sort of sets my expectations for the season:

 

Week 1 - Bills 27 Jets 21 - The Bills open at Metlife and face a first half onslaught from Sam Darnold as the Jets march right down the field their first two possessions and storm into a 14-3 lead. The Bills finally get moving on offense before half time and reduce the deficit to 14-10 at the break. Josh Allen catches fire early in the second half leading a long touchdown drive that is topped off by a pass to Tommy Sweeney in the endzone before Allen rushes 45 yards for the score on a QB keeper. The Bills are up 27-14 until a late Jets TD reduces the arrears but the onside kick attempt fails and the Bills take the W. 1-0

 

Week 2 - Bills 24 Giants 10 - Again the Bills offense is a little slow out of the blocks as the Giants keep this close for a while. Eventually the Bills manage to break a few long runs in the 2nd half and McCoy has a 100 yard day on the ground while Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer both snag 2nd half interceptions from Eli Manning who, though it is not known at that point, is starting for the Giants for the very last time. 2-0

 

Week 3 - Bengals 14 Bills 19 - Cincinnati is not a particularly good team but the Bills coming off a perfect 2-0 road start are a little sloppy in front of the home crowd. The Andy Dalton to Tyler Boyd connection that once sent Bills fans into ecstacy has them staring down the barrel of a 7-0 deficit early on but the ship is steadied before half time and Buffalo is up 10-7. The second half is an ugly slugfest but the Bills kick field goals to keep the Bengals at arms length and then stop them on 4th down at midfield to seal the win. 3-0

 

Week 4 - Patriots 24 Bills 21 - Week 4 brings out the Bills' best performance of the feldgling season as they go toe to toe with Brady and the Patriots. Ed Oliver, held sackless through 3 games, has a breakout performance taking Brady down twice, Matt Milano picks him off and Josh Allen passes for 280 yards and 3 touchdowns. Gotskowski kicks the Patriots ahead with 00:47 on the clock but Allen with a bomb to Brown and then a sideline dart to Zay Jones puts Hauschka in position to tie the game and send it to overtime...... he misses. Wide right. 3-1

 

Week 5 - Bills 19 Titans 16 - Another tough grind of a game. This one is tied up at 6-6 at the half. The Titans are not moving the ball through the air but Mariota is having joy on the ground and the Bills are struggling to make hay against an underrated Titans secondary. The game breaks open on the first Bills play from scrimmage of the 2nd half when Josh Allen hits Robert Foster with a 63 yarder to make the score 13-6. The Titans claw their way back in to restore parity and again the game comes down to the boot of Hauschka as time expires. He nails a 56 yarder. Bills win. 4-1

 

Week 6 - BYE

 

Week 7 - Dolphins 10 Bills 31 - Josh Allen throws a pick 6 to Xavien Howard on his first snap of the game and the Dolphins are up 7-0. It is one way traffic after that though. Ed Oliver knocks Josh Rosen out of the game in the 2nd Quarter by which time the score is 17-7 and then Fitz has total second half meltdown with three turnovers as the Bills run riot. 5-1

 

Week 8 - Eagles 26 Bills 24 - This is the game that gets away. The Bills are up 24-16 as the 4th quarter commences but the offense suddenly stalls and they can't stop Carson Wentz as the Eagles abandon the run game and he drives them down inside the two minute warning for the final score. 5-2

 

Week 9 - Redskins 17 Bills 20 - The Bills start this one hot and Daboll's trickery is wrongfooting the Skins defense as the Bills dominate the first half and lead 17-3 at the break. But again the offense stagnates after half time and Dwayne Haskins has the Redskins back in contention and knocking on the door of a game winning drive. TreDavious White bailes the Bills out with a game winning interception but the fanbase breaks into mass hysteria after back to back weeks of poor second half offensive displays "McDermott is too conservative and Daboll does too much trickery and not enough sound fundamental football" is the TBD reaction but regardless the Bills are 6-2

 

Week 10 - Bills 21 Browns 20 - The 6-2 Bills play the 5-3 Browns and both are getting media attention as potential playoff teams behind their second year Quarterbacks. The Browns lead 7-0. The Bills tie it up at 7-7. The Browns lead 14-7. The Bills tie it up at 14-14 and as the game gets tighter in the second half the Browns eek out two field goals to lead 20-17. 1:14 to play. 1 Time Out. Ball on the Bills 26. Allen leads the Bills down the field and finds Cole Beasley in the front corner of the endzone for his first touchdown grab of the season with 00:02 on the clock. The Dawg Pound despairs. Bills Mafia rejoices. 7-2

 

Week 11 - Bills 17 Dolphins 14 - After the high of Cleveland the Bills are strangely out of sorts in South Florida. Josh Rosen, starting for the first time since Ed Oliver introduced himself to his sternum in week 7 plays a solid game managing the Dolphins offense while Josh Allen throws two picks. In the second half Daboll switches tact and leans on Frank Gore and the Bills grind one out. The defense again needs to make a late stand and the Dolphins try a 62 yarder as time expires. No good. 8-2

 

Week 12 - Broncos 9 Bills 24 - This isn't close. Drew Lock starts for the first time for Denver and he can get absolutely nothing going as the Bills defense totally shuts the Broncos down. Allen has 300 yards and 2 touchdowns, Shady adds another on the ground and this one was over a long way from home. The Buffalo Bills, YOUR Buffalo Bills, are NINE and TWO. 9-2

 

Week 13 - Bills 14 Cowboys 20 - Thanksgiving Football! The Bills come into this one riding a four game winning streak and tied with Patriots atop of the AFCE. They are ahead early in Big D and they still lead 14-13 as the 2 minute warning sounds. But nobody does 4th Quarter comebacks better than Dak Prescott because while he is a limited athletically (as a passer) he is an outstanding decision maker. Amari Cooper jumps over Levi Wallce to grab the game winner. Heartbreak for the Bills. 9-3

 

Week 14 - Ravens 14 Bills 10 - The Ravens schedule is easier early than late and they come into this game above .500. The one thing you can guarantee about a John Harbaugh team is they will be prepared and well coached and their secondary is scary talented. They shut the Bills offense down in a way nobody has done all year. Marlon Humphrey shadows his former teammate John Brown and holds his catchless and while the Ravens offense isn't exactly on fire either they pull out the surprise win. Cue mass hysteria, panic, and pitchforks at the ready among Bills fans. Fire someone! fire everyone! 9-4

 

Week 15 - Bills 27 Steelers 30 - This is another tough loss. The Bills play their hearts out in a game that goes back and forth. We have the ball at the end and a chance to win. Allen throws a time into tight coverage at the Steelers 25 yard line on 4th down that would put us in range to try a game tying FG...... but Zay Jones drops it. Steelers hold on. It's a three game slide. 9-5

 

Week 16 - Bills 22 Patriots 24 - The tough losses just keep coming. The Bills lead 12-10 at half time (Haushcka having missed an extra point) and they continue to frustrate Brady in the third quarter. But eventually he works it out in the 4th and leads two consecutive touchdown drives that give the Patriots the lead. Again the Bills have the ball and a chance to drive down the field and win the game.... but Allen's pass intended for Brown is high and is intercepted by one Stephon Gilmore who is on his way to back to back All-Pro seasons. 9-6

 

Week 17 - Jets 16 Bills 27 - And so it comes down to this. From sailing into the playoffs at 9-2 to a must win week 17 clash with the New York Jets at a hyped up New Era Field. And the Jets lead at half time too. 10-7. On the first Jets offensive series after the interval Ed Oliver hits Sam Darnold as he throws and the ball sails to Jordan Poyer who catches it and then sets off to the house..... Touchdown! The sound of relief is deafening as the stadium explodes in celebration. From then on this is the Bills game and the win is sealed when Allen finds McCoy on a check down inside the redzone and he leaves New Era Field with one last moment of pure Shady magic as he makes guys miss and saunters into the endzone. The Bills are IN the postseason as the 6th seed. 10-6

 

 

 

I question your calls on the Ravens and Steelers games. I have no faith in either of those teams, honestly.

 

But otherwise, the number is right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

I question your calls on the Ravens and Steelers games. I have no faith in either of those teams, honestly.

 

But otherwise, the number is right.

 

 

The Ravens game is the only one I really question.  I think they are going to be complete trash; I hope so, anyway.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

The Ravens game is the only one I really question.  I think they are going to be complete trash; I hope so, anyway.

You have an athletic lb like Tremaine Edmunds spy Lamar the whole game and the ravens get destroyed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing I will say with certainty about the season is this defense is not going to allow very many points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast forward to Feb 2nd.

 

The Bills, having had a perfect 16-0 record in the regular season, and cruised through the playoffs crushing all opposition, are now in the Superbowl against the Philadelphia Eagles.

 

As the teams head for the locker room at half time, the score is Bills 31 - Eagles 0 (Wade 4 x TD, and a field goal resulting from a 70-yard punt return by Wade).

 

So McDermott says "Christian, the boys have worked really hard this season to set up all those opportunities for you, and I'd like to take them into town for a slap-up steak dinner. Would you mind finishing up the second half on your own?"

 

He agrees, and much later Wade arrives at the restaurant where his teammates are several beers to the good.

 

"What was the final score?" asks McDermott.

 

"We won 31-7" says Wade.

 

"31-7?" queries McDermott. "How did they manage to get a TD?"

 

Wade replies "Sorry, coach, but I accidentally tripped one of their WRs in the last minute, and was ejected from the game".

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Great write up.

 

Consistent, slightly optimistic. I would e thrilled with 10 wins.  We always play poor in Cleveland (it is in the Bills DNA) and they are stacked, i dont see us winning that one.  Nor do I see us beating the titans in Tennessee.  Also going 4-0 vs the Dolphins and Jets, I dont se that happening.   One game would could easily win is the Ravens game, I think Lamar Jackson will be horrific this year, no more great defense, no Terrel Suggs.    So i will opt for 8-8 which is good progress as far as i am concerned.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think they are going to split the first two games on the road.  Winning back to back on road is difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s different in every State, but Hot through September, cooling off considerably in October, biting winds in November, Shut In from December through March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, imagine the hoo-ha if we go into the Pats game 3-0? Even more so if they've managed to lose 2 of their first 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...