Democrat Debates

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is it just me or are you all waiting for the actual candidate to emerge from behind the stage curtain? This group looks perfectly suited to run the Vice President’s Office, but far from ready to be the Leader of anything.

No one on stage has a chance to win. And they know it. So does the media -- but they won't tell their audience that. 

• Like (+1) 2

Did someone seriously just post the front page of the New York Post as a credible take on the debate last night?

Oy.

Record player moment was a bad moment, yet the guy took another step towards the nomination, despite the absolute stubborn denial of some posters *ahem* over here.

Good debate for Biden for those that actually watched.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

No one on stage has a chance to win. And they know it. So does the media -- but they won't tell their audience that. 

You may be right but i think it’s really sad. They’ve devolved into party that seems to thrive on the mantra that people are purposely getting screwed! The problem is nobody is getting screwed. Americans don’t wake up every day wondering how they can oppress other Americans. They’re just going about their lives doing what’s best for themselves and their families. But over the years the Democratic Party has lost its way. John Kennedy’s inspirational messages are long gone. Now it’s just about asking ‘what the country is going to do for you’. It’s tedious!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did someone seriously just post the front page of the New York Post as a credible take on the debate last night?

Oy.

Record player moment was a bad moment, yet the guy took another step towards the nomination, despite the absolute stubborn denial of some posters *ahem* over here.

He might still be the front runner and that is a very sad comment about his competition.  Biden is a driveling fool........ how about when his dentures came partially out, made me want to puke.

The entire record player comment was idiotic.  But the point he was trying to make but  he COULDN'T was that "social workers" should come in to your home try to raise your kids because you can't which is a very scary concept.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oy.

Zero shot to win the general. 

None. 

He'll get trounced in the NH primary, likely Iowa as well. Then it'll all come down to SC for Joe where his black base will be tested. 

If he wins the nom, it guarantees Trump 4 more years... so you got that going for ya. :lol: 

and as for Joe's black base -- they don't want him: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

None. 

He'll get trounced in the NH primary, likely Iowa as well. Then it'll all come down to SC for Joe where his black base will be tested. 

If he wins the nom, it guarantees Trump 4 more years... so you got that going for ya. :lol: 

She’s still fired from ESPN right?      Her hot takes are insane.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

None. 

If you look really close you can see the prismatic racial contact lenses through which she sees the world.  What a burden. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not going to read through all of this some this was likely brought up. So Andrew Yang is "buying votes" with a $1,000 a month to a handful of families.  I think I've heard if elected (no chance) he will roll this out to all families?  I've said this a million times but why doesn't anyone ask the question "why?"  What is he trying to accomplish with this? What is the end game?  I think he'd get better traction if he said "I'll reduce every household in America's taxes by $12,000 per year!"   That would have a much broader appeal than a $12,000 annual giveaway.  Do any of these people think about this *****? 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm not going to read through all of this some this was likely brought up. So Andrew Yang is "buying votes" with a $1,000 a month to a handful of families.  I think I've heard if elected (no chance) he will roll this out to all families?  I've said this a million times but why doesn't anyone ask the question "why?"  What is he trying to accomplish with this? What is the end game?  I think he'd get better traction if he said "I'll reduce every household in America's taxes by $12,000 per year!"   That would have a much broader appeal than a $12,000 annual giveaway.  Do any of these people think about this *****? 

Here's his explanation: 

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Because so many people don’t pay taxes! So now we’re reduced to candidates just promising people free money. It doesn’t get any lower!

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Here's his explanation: 

Wait not every household but every adult over the age of 18??  Oh cool Andy couple questions.

1.  How will this create millions of jobs?  I'm 18 and you give me $1,000 a month my reply.  ***** finding a job!

2.  What do you mean when you say "make children and families stronger?"  I got stronger over the past few years.  I joined a gym

3.  The helping people transition is the only thing that makes any kind of sense.  But my question is why do I have to pay for their transition?  Why why why why why????

I'm sick of this handout *****.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Wait not every household but every adult over the age of 18??  Oh cool Andy couple questions.

1.  How will this create millions of jobs?  I'm 18 and you give me $1,000 a month my reply.  ***** finding a job!

2.  What do you mean when you say "make children and families stronger?"  I got stronger over the past few years.  I joined a gym

3.  The helping people transition is the only thing that makes any kind of sense.  But my question is why do I have to pay for their transition?  Why why why why why????

It's too early for this platform, but in 20 years universal income will make sense as most jobs requiring little education are replaced by technology across a variety of fields. By then, tens of millions of jobs people rely on now for income will be replaced by computers and robots. 

14 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's too early for this platform, but in 20 years universal income will make sense as most jobs requiring little education are replaced by technology across a variety of fields. By then, tens of millions of jobs people rely on now for income will be replaced by computers and robots. 

Then give them money for college/education/training.  Enough of this "awwwwww we're sorry your life sucks.  Here...have some money."  My industry is being "replaced" by bots.  Guess what?  I'm excited about it. 

Are you and Andy always this lazy or just when it comes to thinking about solutions?  

Edited by Chef Jim

28 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My understanding is:

1. The idea is the extra $1k allows people to pursue careers they are passionate about, even if they traditionally pay less or the pay is volatile. $1k on its own is way below poverty. Not exactly enabling people to not work at all. So, back to the question, I don't think it creates jobs overall, but it makes some careers more viable.

2. Maybe more people could afford to go to the gym, or even a personal trainer, with the extra income. Maybe a family gets stronger because they can finally afford a vacation.

3. Assuming his stance hasn't changed, part of the deal is that to qualify for the $1k you cannot be subsidized under any other government programs. So it could, in theory, get some people to stop gaming the system for disability, unemployment, etc. Which would also cover part of it's cost.

Lord knows if it'll work in practice, but I can understand the sentiment and appreciate the stuff in point 3. He commented specifically about how this was free and clear and the impact that can have mentally vs being on disability and potentially even dreading getting better because you'd lose disability. So then you almost want to be disabled, if that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You thought the part when he was asked about deportations when he was VP went over well?

The part where he said "Obama was President, I was VP" and then a few minutes later yelled into the microphone -- after it set in that he made himself look a bit foolish -- that he stood by everything Obama did for all 8 years?  That was good?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1