Meanwhile at Dolphins camp...

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Vegas sets their lines to get people to bet.   

Vegas sets their lines to try to get 50% of the action on either side of the bet so they end up winning no matter what happens.  That's generally why the lines move, trying to off-set bets they've taken, not because they necessarily think the team has gotten better or worse.  If it's 4.5 people have to be POUNDING the under which makes the over a decent play, especially if it drops any more.

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Of course you would b.c you wouldn't care if it came with only 6 wins.

Bad teams? He had chances to "Win and you're in" and he INTed his way out of those games.

Ya, once with the jets. Bengals were not good when he was with them, bills were not good, Houston was not good, titans were not good, Tampa was not good, and I highly doubt the Dolphins will be any good 

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's the difference between being the 18th and 45th highest completion% of all time. 24 YPG is the difference between being the 26th and 46th YPG QB.

Helps me understand where you're coming from, but looking at "all time" - including many years when the passing game was quite different and more limited - I think is magnifying the difference you see.

Let's look at last year, when completion % 60.1 vs 62.8 would be the difference between 21st and 28.  Is 21 better than 28?  Sure.  Similar with YPG - 232.2 would slot in as 19th vs 208 at 24th. 

Is one higher, sure.  Would I want to construct an argument that one is "statistically superior" personally, no - no I would not.  They're both below average.

YMMV

I'll put it this way. AT HOME, I'd rather face Tannehill than even Matt Moore. He was better in Miami, but still not a QB I ever "feared." He's not a gamechanger and he definitely struggles in cold weather. Not a fan.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Helps me understand where you're coming from, but looking at "all time" - including many years when the passing game was quite different and more limited - I think is magnifying the difference you see.

Let's look at last year, when completion % 60.1 vs 62.8 would be the difference between 21st and 28.  Is 21 better than 28?  Sure.  Similar with YPG - 232.2 would slot in as 19th vs 208 at 24th. 

Is one higher, sure.  Would I want to construct an argument that one is "statistically superior" personally, no - no I would not.  They're both below average.

YMMV

If you're having a hard time with 'statistically superior', how about just 'better' then.

Tannehill has better stats, across the board, than Fitzpatrick career-wise. Better comp%, better YPA, better YPG, better rating, better TD/INT, better ANY/A. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

If you're having a hard time with 'statistically superior', how about just 'better' then.

Tannehill has better stats, across the board, than Fitzpatrick career-wise. Better comp%, better YPA, better YPG, better rating, better TD/INT, better ANY/A. 

Sure.  My point is I think it's a "distinction without a difference", not particularly meaningful

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sure.  My point is I think it's a "distinction without a difference", not particularly meaningful

Fair. But the evidence, even if it doesn't hit your threshold of meaningfulness, is still all pointed one way. The original argument was which QB was better, and I see zero evidence to say Fitzpatrick.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes, I weigh the most recent more than RT’s last “good” season 4 years ago.  

We’ll agree to disagree.  I know what Fitz is.  But his best is a lot more scary than RT’s.  There were very few qbs I feared the Bills going against less than Tannehill.  

I think we have a right to laugh at them for them both.  

35 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I should have said it's not a meaningful debate. Tannehill is statistically superior in every category. 

Why are you guys arguing so hard over which ***** stinks more?

They both don't get it done as a starter. I'm glad it's not the Bills problem.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Don’t tell me how to argue!

Fair enough lol. It just sounds like a bad miami sports talk show, fitz vs tannehill.

Right now they're debating fitz or rosen, which sounds like a no brainer to me. You see what you got in Rosen and if he sucks enough hopefully you'll draft 1.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Fair enough lol. It just sounds like a bad miami sports talk show, fitz vs tannehill.

Right now they're debating fitz or rosen, which sounds like a no brainer to me. You see what you got in Rosen and if he sucks enough hopefully you'll draft 1.

Fitz shall seduce them off the sensible path.  Wait and see.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

4.5.  I know Cutler and Tannehill are huge losses ? but this talk about how terrible the Fins are is going overboard.  

Name one skill position player on the Dolphins ???

They are terrible.     Save that money.  

• Like (+1) 1

The Fins replaced Flaherty with Dave Gugliemo.  Gugliemo has had some impressive stints as an O-line coach and some not so impressive.  He's in his third stint with Miami, having also coached with the Giants, Patriots and last season with a very good Colts offensive line.  

Edited by TigerJ

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I've been following this debate and felt compelled to chime in. IMO, Fitzpatrick is far more dangerous a qb to face, without question.

Citing statistics is a misleading way to assess a qb's value; sure, the big ones such as TDs and INTs matter, but completion percentage and yards are not necessarily indicative of a qb's ability to pull out a win. 

For years, Tannehill's bread and butter was dumping off the ball to Jarvis Landry and relying on his YAC. When it's third and long and a qb dumps off the ball off for a 5 yard gain, it helps his completion percentage and yards, but doesn't get the team any closer to winning the game ( remember Tyrod or post concussion Trent?). 

I haven't followed Tannehill much beyond Bills games, but I think we all know what we saw out there: a QB with no mobility, and no killer instinct to go for the big play when their team needs one. And without that a QB doesn't stand a chance of sustaining a winning record in the league. Fitz, for all of his flaws, does have that instinct to go for it; sometimes it works out, often it doesn't, but at least you gotta chance with him.

As a Bills fan, I will sincerely miss seeing Tannehill on the schedule twice a year 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I don’t know I see a Dalton type Career for Darnold. I guess though that could be classified as Solid 

He seems like a nice kid but he was so bad his sr year at usc. Turnover machine and displayed zero leadership. I didn’t see every game but the ones i did see were painful 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He seems like a nice kid but he was so bad his sr year at usc. Turnover machine and displayed zero leadership. I didn’t see every game but the ones i did see were painful 

Darnold only stayed thru his RS sophomore season at USC