PEGULA: Fan-related costs factor into stadium decision

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Would we have a Joker series if Heath Ledger never died?  He nailed that role....I would have seen a Joker movie by itself.

you'll get to with the new joaquin phoenix one coming out.

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Well they called the AFL the Millionaires' club .  Maybe if prices keep rising only Millionaires will be able to afford and stadiums will consist of box seats with catering delivered to any seat in the "stadium".

For the record that is exactly what is happening to our society in general. Working poor, weakening middle class, tax polices favoring the wealthy. In fact most everything is being skewed in favor of the "country club membership" mentailty. Everything will adjust accordingly. If that who has all the money then you can bet the farm nobody is going to be trying to draw blood from a stone (the working poor). If that is where the majority of the money resides then that is what the NFL is going to go after. They will put in heated seats and catered drink service etc.... Raise prices 10x or 100xs to grab some of that money.  Eventually us common folk will be squeezed out or forced to watch from the outside. 

I would love for this reality to be different but unfortunately we have 50 + years of data that clearly shows this inevitability on the present trajectory. I keep thinking we will see this turn in the workers favor, but it has not, the working class is trending negatively

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I bet Joaquin Phoenix drinks lite beer.  Especially when he's Emperoring Rome.

apparently drinking lite beer is limited to either wnyers, americans, or the older crowd.  he does fall into one of those categories.  

1 minute ago, Doc said:

JP is still around?  Thought he went crazy a decade ago. 

now he's crazy as the joker!  check out the trailer.

sorry to all for getting this thing so off course.

27 minutes ago, teef said:

now he's crazy as the joker!  check out the trailer.

sorry to all for getting this thing so off course.

So he won't be acting so much as...

Yes, time to get back to the topic.  Obviously fan-related costs will factor into the new stadium, just like I've been saying. 

57 minutes ago, teef said:

so you're having trouble understanding that some people have different tastes than you?  again, and i don't know why this is so hard, it's not an older generation or american thing...at all.  i don't drink lite beer for the sake of drinking more of them.  if i go over a couple of beers, the craft beers make me feel gross quickly.  that may not happen to most, but that's why i drink it.  also as i mentioned, i'll often times start with a good beer or two, and move onto lite after that.

i...i don't know how to go any further with this.  we get it.  you're too good for lite beer.  

I did try warning you you’d be wasting your time with this one. 

Also, Yuengling is disgusting. If it’s a choice between yuengs or blue moon, I’m going home. 

Taste is subjective, what?! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I have heard them be referred as both.  The NFL owners referred them to that as some rich guys who wanted to join NFL not that the NFL should have any complaint about rich owners for they can afford to pay for their own damn stadiums.

On 7/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, Augie said:

I’m not sure what's worse, a September game in Florida or a December game in Buffalo. I’ve turned down free early season tickets in Florida. It can be brutally hot! One game in Jax and everyone was crammed inside the air conditioned concession area to watch it on a little TV. At $250/ticket, that was not part of my plan going in....

Augie- I see you live in Atlanta.  Living in Tampa, I am often offered to go to Bucs games and refuse in September and October.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:37 PM, Jrb1979 said:

Lite beer is everywhere. I just don't understand the love of it. That's all I am getting at. Maybe it's an older generation thing or an American thing.  I just don't see the point in drinking a lite beer just so I can drink more of them. Don't you want to drink something that tastes good?  On average I usually drink maybe 6 to 8 high end beers on gameday. 

Noone "loves" light beer except it doesn't increase the size of your love handles 

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Augie- I see you live in Atlanta.  Living in Tampa, I am often offered to go to Bucs games and refuse in September and October.

We lived in Sarasota for 18 years. (I’d LOVE to move back.) We passed on many Bucs games over the years. I went once in September with clients and learned my lesson. 

On 7/1/2019 at 5:17 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Owner: Fan-related costs factor into Bills' stadium decision

July 01, 2019 05:51 AM WHEC

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Buffalo Bills owner Terry Pegula says he won't ask fans to break the bank when it comes to deciding whether to renovate the team's current stadium in the suburbs or build a new one downtown.

"Whatever we're going to do stadium-wise is going to be in the best interest of our fans," Pegula told The Associated Press during a wide-ranging interview before the start of the NHL draft in Vancouver. "We have the interest of our fans at heart, and what we do will be heavily weighted - whatever the plan is - toward the benefit of our fans."

https://www.whec.com/news/owner-fan-related-costs-factor-into-bills-stadium-decision/5408482/?cat=565

Now thats a good owner to have he realizes what & who are paying the Bills (pun intended) & he is willing to keep the fans in mind if not at the heart of the conversation weather Jerry & Roger think he should or not !!

Greed has turned the game of football into something that is not as recognizable as it use to be when it comes to finances to the average NFL fan ! As long as the Bills fans can afford to go to the games & ownership is happy with the income from those fans i don't care what Jerry & Roger think !! 

Build it & they will come . Well if the cash ain't in hand they will sit home in their living room & watch it & not bring the cash to the stadium if the prices are to high !! 

Then they will have to move because there won't be enough revenue to keep the team a float !! Ralph & now Terry i put my faith in to keep the Bills in B/lo & fan friendly ...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

Now thats a good owner to have he realizes what & who are paying the Bills (pun intended) & he is willing to keep the fans in mind if not at the heart of the conversation weather Jerry & Roger think he should or not !!

Greed has turned the game of football into something that is not as recognizable as it use to be when it comes to finances to the average NFL fan ! As long as the Bills fans can afford to go to the games & ownership is happy with the income from those fans i don't care what Jerry & Roger think !! 

Build it & they will come . Well if the cash ain't in hand they will sit home in their living room & watch it & not bring the cash to the stadium if the prices are to high !! 

Then they will have to move because there won't be enough revenue to keep the team a float !! Ralph & now Terry i put my faith in to keep the Bills in B/lo & fan friendly ...

...NICELY done bud.......nice to see he is cognizant of WNY, Buffalo, as well as regional fan base can reasonably afford......your NAILED IT with your fan friendly comment....sure he is extremely wealthy and and a very smart businessman....BUT....why should he pony up $1.4 billion in cash for the franchise and perhaps another $500-$600 million personal contribution towards a new stadium with no anticipated return?....unless potential lost earnings potential do not matter (seriously?)......hr did say in the Inner Circle that the "Bills are Kim's baby"......wifey rules the roost??......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy