PEGULA: Fan-related costs factor into stadium decision

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This an often mentioned, but not significant source of revenue.   There are very few events that would be appropriate for that size space every year.  Scan the events schedules for other domes stadiums.  There's really no stream of income there.

Probably true, but almost every new stadium being built has a dome.

1 hour ago, teef said:

i don't think this is a wny thing at all.  i'll drink light beer and i'll drink "good" beers.  if i'm up and out all drinking at a game all day, i'm drinking light beer.  if i was to end up drinking ipas over the course of hours, i'll end up feeling disgusting.  concerning blue and genny...well, that happens to be the local beers so it's not much of a shocker there.  on top of that, you mention genny cream ale.  i don't think i've ever seen a person drink a cream ale at a game ever.  i can't even remember the last time i was at a function and saw it.

You’re wasting your time with this one. All his posts are about beer drinking. 

I get some humans find it important to feel better than others, but I always found it pretty weak when that thing was their beer preference. 

Nothing fun or important, not a rad hobby others can also enjoy. No, he prefers “better” beer. The world should swoon. 

He reminds me if the type that brings a fancy four pack or sixer to a party. Quickly runs out and starts dipping into house beers complaining the entire time. He thinks this is impressive but really he’s just showing how cheap he is that he could have bought few more beers of his preferred variety. “But my beers cost more!” He’ll say. No, your fancy sixer cost $10-$15. Same as some “blue collar” twelve packs. 

And now we’ll have to buy more because you’re inconveniencing us by drinking some of ours. Now you’re cheap and a poor planner. Here have some pretzels. 

“But it’s wegmans! I only eat Snyder’s of Hanover!”

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If Kim wants a hard top instead of a convertible, that's fine.  Let Terry pay for it.  

Seems more like a league thing. But I’m fine them paying for it either way. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

You’re wasting your time with this one. All his posts are about beer drinking. 

I get some humans find it important to feel better than others, but I always found it pretty weak when that thing was their beer preference. 

Nothing fun or important, not a rad hobby others can also enjoy. No, he prefers “better” beer. The world should swoon. 

He reminds me if the type that brings a fancy four pack or sixer to a party. Quickly runs out and starts dipping into house beers complaining the entire time. He thinks this is impressive but really he’s just showing how cheap he is that he could have bought few more beers of his preferred variety. “But my beers cost more!” He’ll say. No, your fancy sixer cost $10-$15. Same as some “blue collar” twelve packs. 

And now we’ll have to buy more because you’re inconveniencing us by drinking some of ours. Now you’re cheap and a poor planner. Here have some pretzels. 

“But it’s wegmans! I only eat Snyder’s of Hanover!”

i'm all about the beer drinking too hooks, but i have no idea why some people are so specific in regards to what's ok and not ok.  not to mention he excludes it to the specific region of wny.  i have a feeling people all over the country drink light beer.  i especially don't get the hang up with genny cream ale.  i guarantee i could stop at 20 tailgates, and i'd be shocked if a single one had cream ale.  i honestly think i'm more likely to find cocaine at various tailgates than cream ale.  

9 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm all about the beer drinking too hooks, but i have no idea why some people are so specific in regards to what's ok and not ok.  not to mention he excludes it to the specific region of wny.  i have a feeling people all over the country drink light beer.  i especially don't get the hang up with genny cream ale.  i guarantee i could stop at 20 tailgates, and i'd be shocked if a single one had cream ale.  i honestly think i'm more likely to find cocaine at various tailgates than cream ale.  

It may that all over the country they drink light beer. As far as Blue goes I see it advertised more in WNY then a lot of other states that I have been too. When I go to Sabres games its one of the ones that's always on tap. I have gone to other stadiums and its not as easy to find on tap. They may not have Genny Cream but I am sure there is Genny of some kind there. 

As far as all I post about is beer. Its not true. I just enjoy a good beer, even at Bills or Sabres games. Give me Saranac or Big Ditch over Blue light. I prefer something that doesn't taste like tap water. I don't need a beer that goes down in 10 mins and be hammered by the time the game starts. 

7 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It may that all over the country they drink light beer. As far as Blue goes I see it advertised more in WNY then a lot of other states that I have been too. When I go to Sabres games its one of the ones that's always on tap. I have gone to other stadiums and its not as easy to find on tap. They may not have Genny Cream but I am sure there is Genny of some kind there. 

As far as all I post about is beer. Its not true. I just enjoy a good beer, even at Bills or Sabres games. Give me Saranac or Big Ditch over Blue light. I prefer something that doesn't taste like tap water. I don't need a beer that goes down in 10 mins and be hammered by the time the game starts. 

well, you'll find blue at a sabres game because it's a considered a "local" beer.  also why you may not find it at other stadiums.  i'm not sure if i've ever seen genny at the stadium.  you're more likely to find it in rochester based establishments because...wait for it...it's the local beer!  make sense?

i enjoy a good beer too.  that's the point.  just if i'm going to be drinking for a period of time, i prefer lighter beer.  i'm not drinking lighter beer so it goes "down in 10 minutes" and be hammered before the game.  what do you do?  sip slowly on a "good beer" until it turns warm?  we get it. you don't want to drink light beer.  don't do it.  i just don't know why you think preferring to drink light beer is a wny thing.  when i lived in boston, i'd watch those psychos drink 30 packs of natural light all day.  extended drinking is a lot of the time done with light beer.  maybe you're palate is just too refined for that.  

1 hour ago, teef said:

well, you'll find blue at a sabres game because it's a considered a "local" beer.  also why you may not find it at other stadiums.  i'm not sure if i've ever seen genny at the stadium.  you're more likely to find it in rochester based establishments because...wait for it...it's the local beer!  make sense?

i enjoy a good beer too.  that's the point.  just if i'm going to be drinking for a period of time, i prefer lighter beer.  i'm not drinking lighter beer so it goes "down in 10 minutes" and be hammered before the game.  what do you do?  sip slowly on a "good beer" until it turns warm?  we get it. you don't want to drink light beer.  don't do it.  i just don't know why you think preferring to drink light beer is a wny thing.  when i lived in boston, i'd watch those psychos drink 30 packs of natural light all day.  extended drinking is a lot of the time done with light beer.  maybe you're palate is just too refined for that.  

Maybe it's an an American thing. Cause light beer isn't as big up here except with the older generation. Any time I have extended drinking here is done with Canadian or Bud. 

I don't sip slowly on good beer til it turns warm. If I am going to be drinking for a period of time I prefer something that at least tastes good. Light beer is any less alcoholic then a Yuengling and that tastes better. Unless of course you worry about calories. 

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Well they called the AFL the Millionaires' club .  Maybe if prices keep rising only Millionaires will be able to afford and stadiums will consist of box seats with catering delivered to any seat in the "stadium".

You mean "The Foolish Club".  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/340685-forty-years-ago-the-afl-showed-the-nfl-who-the-real-fools-were

54 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Maybe it's an an American thing. Cause light beer isn't as big up here except with the older generation. Any time I have extended drinking here is done with Canadian or Bud. 

I don't sip slowly on good beer til it turns warm. If I am going to be drinking for a period of time I prefer something that at least tastes good. Light beer is any less alcoholic then a Yuengling and that tastes better. Unless of course you worry about calories. 

i think you need to get out more bud.  light beer is everywhere.  there may not be the saturation of it in other countries like it is here, but it's not like it's limited to a region.  all of this is strange.  are you going out of your way to let us know that you refuse to drink light beer?  cool.  how many high end beers do you drink during a game day on average would you say?

Edited by teef

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i think you need to get out more bud.  light beer is everywhere.  there may not be the saturation of it in other countries like it is here, but it's not like it's limited to a region.  all of this is strange.  are you going out of your way to let us know that you refuse to drink light beer?  cool.  how many high end beers do you drink during a game day on average would you say?

Did you mention the Corona Premier?

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you mention the Corona Premier?

it might confuse him.  he's since gone from lite beer being a wny thing, to maybe it's an american thing, to now it's age group thing, (in another thread on this very topic).  it's like he just can't imagine some people are willing to drink lite beer.  guess what?  it happens!

Edited by teef

1 minute ago, teef said:

Lite beer is everywhere. I just don't understand the love of it. That's all I am getting at. Maybe it's an older generation thing or an American thing.  I just don't see the point in drinking a lite beer just so I can drink more of them. Don't you want to drink something that tastes good?  On average I usually drink maybe 6 to 8 high end beers on gameday. 

1 minute ago, teef said:

it might confuse him.  he's since gone from lite beer being a wny thing, to maybe it's an american thing, to now it's age group thing, (in another thread on this very topic).  it's like he just can't imagine some people are willing to drink lite beer.  guess what?  it happens!

My weekday beer is usually Yuengling Lite.  My weekend beer is usually German hefeweizen.  

1 minute ago, teef said:

It won't confuse me. I just don't understand why anyone drinks lite beer cause it can't be cause of the taste. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Lite beer is everywhere. I just don't understand the love of it. That's all I am getting at. Maybe it's an older generation thing or an American thing.  I just don't see the point in drinking a lite beer just so I can drink more of them. Don't you want to drink something that tastes good?  On average I usually drink maybe 6 to 8 high end beers on gameday. 

so you're having trouble understanding that some people have different tastes than you?  again, and i don't know why this is so hard, it's not an older generation or american thing...at all.  i don't drink lite beer for the sake of drinking more of them.  if i go over a couple of beers, the craft beers make me feel gross quickly.  that may not happen to most, but that's why i drink it.  also as i mentioned, i'll often times start with a good beer or two, and move onto lite after that.

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

It won't confuse me. I just don't understand why anyone drinks lite beer cause it can't be cause of the taste. 

i...i don't know how to go any further with this.  we get it.  you're too good for lite beer.  

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

I prefer light beer on a warm day, especially if I'm at the pool.  

I love high end beers but I won't drink something that's a little thicker when I'm outside in the heat.  

I drink all beer and it depends on the occasion and setting.  If we're by a fire, roasting chestnuts and talking about if Heath Ledger never died...would we have a Joker series of movies.....I'll drink a darker, thick ale.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My weekday beer is usually Yuengling Lite.  My weekend beer is usually German hefeweizen.  

i don't mind yuengling, but i've had more than enough of it in my lifetime.  love hefeweizen beer though.  the ommegang brewery in cooperstown makes a great one.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I prefer light beer on a warm day, especially if I'm at the pool.  

I love high end beers but I won't drink something that's a little thicker when I'm outside in the heat.  

I drink all beer and it depends on the occasion and setting.  If we're by a fire, roasting chestnuts and talking about if Heath Ledger never died...would we have a Joker series of movies.....I'll drink a darker, thick ale.

thank you.

Just now, teef said:

i don't mind yuengling, but i've had more than enough of it in my lifetime.  love hefeweizen beer though.  the ommegang brewery in cooperstown makes a great one.

thank you.

Would we have a Joker series if Heath Ledger never died?  He nailed that role....I would have seen a Joker movie by itself.