Melvin Ingram lays down Super Bowl guarantee

12 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I just think that he needs more experience before he’ll be able to match up well against top notch coaches. Lynn doesn’t bring anything cutting edge to the table like many of the successful young coaches do. His job is all about getting the most from a super talented roster. I’m not sure that he’s ready to lead a champion in the short window he has before Rivers retires. With that said, I trust Rivers to show up in big games even less. 

I think many sell Lynn short here.  The Chargers won 9 games in 2 years before Lynn.  He’s done a great job.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

how many players make this guarantee every year? i remember Bills in the early 2000's making guarantees every year.

I don’t remember that far back with the Bills. Who was it?  As far as other teams. I don’t remember any players every year guaranteeing they will win the SB. 

They haven't even gotten to the Conference Championship game. They got in on a wild card last year.

Nobody on the planet things the Chargers are the team to beat. The team that crushed THEM in the playoffs is the team to beat.

Good team. Not winning a super bowl any time soon.

4 hours ago, eball said:

The Chargers may have the most talented roster in the AFC.  They are absolutely contenders.

I’m still disgusted by how poorly they were prepared for the Pats*** in the playoffs.  One of the worst playoff performances in recent memory.  Is that on Lynn?

People say this every year---and then they actually play playoff games.

They have an aging legendary choker at QB,  no RB in the top 15, 1 1000+ yard WR.  A TE who tore his ACL early in his 3rd season.

Defense is pretty good though.

No chance the Chargers make it to the SB.  Zero point zero.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

People say this every year---and then they actually play playoff games.

They have an aging legendary choker at QB,  no RB in the top 15, 1 1000+ yard WR.  A TE who tore his ACL early in his 3rd season.

Defense is pretty good though.

No chance the Chargers make it to the SB.  Zero point zero.

Their defense was really good,  but got their lunch money taken by the Pats in the playoffs - as I recall it was pretty ugly.

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, eball said:

The Chargers may have the most talented roster in the AFC.  They are absolutely contenders.

I’m still disgusted by how poorly they were prepared for the Pats*** in the playoffs.  One of the worst playoff performances in recent memory.  Is that on Lynn?

It sure would be on McD for sure with some folks around these parts!

Let’s hope we get a chance to have good or bad playoff performances for years to come.  Be one of those teams who is in the mix every year, with the occasional deep run. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their defense was really good,  but got their lunch money taken by the Pats in the playoffs - as I recall it was pretty ugly.

They barely got past the Jackson "led" Ravens the week before.  They stood no chance agains NE.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wait! Are you sure? So the Patriots also beat good teams? 

We’ve been cursed to be in the same division with the Cheaters for going on two decades. Brady and Belichick aging out together along with our development seems like our time is coming. Let it begin THIS year! 

47 minutes ago, Augie said:

It sure would be on McD for sure with some folks around these parts!

You bet your ass it would. But he’s apparently off limits for the wonderful job he has done walking into a talented roster with a borderline HOF QB. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t remember that far back with the Bills. Who was it?  As far as other teams. I don’t remember any players every year guaranteeing they will win the SB. 

i think it was donte whitner one year-2008- and willis mcgahee another-which i can not remember- though they might have only guaranteed playoffs. my bigger point is these kind of comments do not mean much especially in football which is such a team sport.

Running back Melvin Gordon called the Chargers “

the team to beat” this year and defensive end Melvin Ingram shares that beliefHe said last week that the team is “definitely going to win the Super Bowl” before echoing his teammate’s read on the team’s spot in the league. 

Players predicting a championship is the kiss of death. Two Melvins predicting it, even better. Call it "getting Melvined" from now on. Never mess with Death!

PicsArt_06-17-09.21.26.jpg

Electric-football.jpg

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So good they won 9 games in 2 years before him. 

If McDermott had Lynn’s record after 2 years, we would put him in the HOF.

In the sense that they both have made the playoffs once in two years as HC, they have identical records. But the chargers certainly looked much flashier while not winning the Super Bowl. Yay.

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So good they won 9 games in 2 years before him. 

If McDermott had Lynn’s record after 2 years, we would put him in the HOF.

Well the Chargers have a tendency to underwhelm, don’t you think?

and you’ll take every chance to bash McDermott. I’m shocked. 

Edited by inaugural balls