Sign in to follow this  
H2o

My Josh Allen Jersey Arrived Today

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I have plenty of Bills gear, but not a jersey guy. If I were to get one, it would be a legend....12, 34, 78, etc....except Kyle. He was the only one I ever thought you could get his jersey and he wouldn’t let you down. 

I have Kyle & Freddy that I still wear proudly. (We don’t speak of the section of my closet in the back filled with treasures such as Whitner, McGahee, Losman, etc. Oh and a Trent at one point, but we burned that at a tailgate when he came back with the Jags..) 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I have Kyle & Freddy that I still wear proudly. (We don’t speak of the section of my closet in the back filled with treasures such as Whitner, McGahee, Losman, etc. Oh and a Trent at one point, but we burned that at a tailgate when he came back with the Jags..) 🤦🏻‍♂️

Fred is the only other one I’d seriously consider, but good point! I didn’t mean to leave him or Andre out. Just hitting the top of the pyramid. 

10 hours ago, Foxx said:

I got mine a couple months ago (white) and was kind of surprised by how small the numbers are, i guess i thought they should be somewhat larger. it is a Nike so it should be an accurate replica. dunno.

....hmmm...sounds like you got the "wrong Josh"...............:thumbsup:

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

thanks for the insight into your person !
If i buy a jersey the player will get injured

or worse.
i dare not

Aha.  You put the ‘cheech’ on the player by buying their jersey.

Still debating a draft day hat, if I can find it cheap.  😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

You teach her a lesson for being ungrateful?

Please tell us ‘teach her a lesson’ isn’t some code phrase relating to the ‘horizontal mambo’.  😳

Last jersey I bought was Robert Woods soon to Cole Beasley once I get the new name bar stitched on. I know, I'm cheap!

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Same. I think if I lived local and went to games I might, but I just don’t like wearing them. I love a good hat though. I have one that I’ve had going on 10 years that my dad got me at the Hall or Fame. Then I got matching ones for me and the fiancé when she was working at a bakery and had to wear a hat. She wore it once I think. I make her put it on for a game here and there, but mine gets worn a good bit. 

I only wear jerseys on Bills game days.  I have a red Fred t-shirt that I always wear underneath.  That baby is getting beat, so I may need to switch it up.  I have a handful of Bills hats.  My favorite looking hat is a fitted blue hat with the classic red buffalo.  I love the hat's looks, but I find that it sits very high.  Not really my thing.  I'll often wear others.  When I'm in OP for a game this year, I'll buy a new hat, and possibly another red T-shirt, at the pro shop.

For jerseys, my only personal rule is that I have a jersey of a current player.  I was in good shape for quite some time, but now Allen is my only current player jersey, which I'm fine with.

I've kept all of my jerseys over the years - even a Trent Edwards jersey that I never put on.  The only jersey that I've discarded was a Flutie jersey.  It was bought for me and I never wore it.  Eventually, I didn't even want it in my closet.  Nothing ceremonial ... just threw it in the garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I do not buy jerseys.   Don’t get the opportunity to wear one.  They don’t seem comfortable for everyday wear and tend to be pricey.  Only will buy the occasional t shirt or hat. 

Who wears jerseys every day?

31 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

You have your pick from these losers..........

image.png.900e6d50994f02ab913c5476f56469ed.png

11 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

This guy when I used to work at the mall back in the day 

every single day a different nba jersey or throwback NFL jersey like Primetime

On 6/14/2019 at 7:36 PM, Foxx said:

I got mine a couple months ago (white) and was kind of surprised by how small the numbers are, i guess i thought they should be somewhat larger. it is a Nike so it should be an accurate replica. dunno.

I've noticed that about the numbers as well. Just looks kinda odd. Nike makes like two or three types of replicas. I forgot how they title them, but they basically have a low-end replica with screen printed numbers/letters all the way up to a high-end replica with stitched numbers and letters for like $300. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure why i cant find this in google all that comes up is the t shirt "Jersey". Anyone have a good link for a josh Allen wyoming jersey?

As much as I want to buy a jersey....I havent had the best luck. 

T. Spikes

T. Henry

Losman

Dareus

Tyrod

• Like (+1) 1

Very selective, I didn’t buy any after Kelly until deciding to take the plunge and buying Allen’s away jersey after the Vikes game that officially put me “all-in.” My youngest was born that same day 9/23, so with all the good things that happened that day, it was kinda meant to be :D

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

T. Spikes

T. Henry

Losman

Dareus

Tyrod

Yikes—I’m guessing you’re selling on eBay as collectors’ items? 

• Like (+1) 1

What's your "jersey history?"  Before we get excited, do you own any others, and were they successful?

Of course I hope for the best, for the BILLS, but my superstitious side was just wondering?

On 6/17/2019 at 5:45 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Very selective, I didn’t buy any after Kelly until deciding to take the plunge and buying Allen’s away jersey after the Vikes game that officially put me “all-in.” My youngest was born that same day 9/23, so with all the good things that happened that day, it was kinda meant to be :D

Yikes—I’m guessing you’re selling on eBay as collectors’ items? 

Congrats on the family addition. Did you get caught up in the moment and name the bambino 'Josh Allen NoHuddleKelly12'? :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/17/2019 at 2:35 PM, Ramza86 said:

T. Spikes

T. Henry

Losman

Dareus

Tyrod

It is for this reason I only buy jerseys of retired Bills, so they’re playing history is worthy. 

2F2F32AD-0D11-429C-B7D2-DED0EF68423E.jpeg

A426388D-1D0D-4FA7-922B-35659F3DB4E3.jpeg

1A965F7B-2461-476B-ADBA-86368A0210CA.png

15 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

What's your "jersey history?"  Before we get excited, do you own any others, and were they successful?

Of course I hope for the best, for the BILLS, but my superstitious side was just wondering?

Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Eric Moulds, Takeo Spikes, Willis McGahee, Marshawn Lynch, Kyle Williams, Terrence McGee, Aaron Schobel. Allen makes the 10th different jersey I have had in the last 25 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

Stopped buying jerseys a number of years ago.  Got rid of everything except my white Reed (bought in '90) and my blue Thurman ('94).

But I love the enthusiasm!

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't bought a current player Jersey in a long while. I've also only been buying the legends(Kelly, Reed, Thomas and Smith). But I am all in on Allen too. Bought two, one for my dad and one for myself. Will be rocking them at camp next month. Go Bills!🍻

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/14/2019 at 10:09 PM, Sanners said:

That's a great post. I bought a pair of nice slacks and a 6 pack of socks today. 

Reminds me that I need some white tees. Them ***** are soooo expensive lately 😭

Might have to get a Allen jersey. I’m really excited for the kid.

Last jersey I bought was a Stevie Johnson jersey while at St Johns Fisher training camp. It was a bit of a disappointment, the jersey and the purchase experience.

I went into the temporary store they had set up, wanted to buy a jersey, just didn’t know who. Looked around, most of the team was made up of guys I wasn’t to sure would be around for the long term (I think this would have been around 2011-2013), so I asked an employee where some of the older player jerseys were. He points to a rack and says over there, I checked it out, it was a clearance rack, guys no longer on the team like Lynch, Whitner, etc. So I went back to the same kid, said I was actually looking for players like Kelly, Thurman, Andre, Bruce, etc...his response, “I don’t know who they are”.

I almost cried. Has it really been that long? Am I really that old?

Needless to say, Johnson was traded away a year or two later, and the jersey hasn’t seen the light of day since.

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2019 at 12:44 PM, blacklabel said:

I've noticed that about the numbers as well. Just looks kinda odd. Nike makes like two or three types of replicas. I forgot how they title them, but they basically have a low-end replica with screen printed numbers/letters all the way up to a high-end replica with stitched numbers and letters for like $300. 

They change them on each, and sometimes the factory makes a run of errors as well. Sometimes they get shipped out like normal, other times they head straight to marshalls or burlinton. My work bought out all the closeout reeboks in 2010 when they switched to the new style. We ordered them to be screened to stevie and freddie. When they showed up, reebok had accidently made the number outline red rather than blue.  What can ya do? I still chuckle when i see those at games or thrift shops. 

Nike has 'game' replicas that are similar to the cut of baseball jerseys for $100. Then they have the limited/vapor for $150-$175. Lastly,  they have the $300 elite which are the same materials as onfield jerseys but are cut different. These either have smaller numbers (from nfl shop) or larger #s with thick outlines for tv that the ones that originate from the Bills themselves that are generally autographed (as explained in my other post earlier in the thread). They also have sublimated low end color rush replicas which are around $85. The 'game' jerseys are trash imo. Id much prefer 1988- 2011 jerseys as far as replicas are concerned. That wont ever change though, or at least as long as nike has the license. 

Pro Tip #2, if you dislike the aforementioned nike game jerseys, nfl shop has NFL EQPT brand on their web sites that closer resemble how replicas used to be - the actual 'jersey' style that the packers still currently wear. They look sharp, but arent NIKE so if that important to you, your SOL. If not, that might be the best way to go

Edited by gobills1212
  • Thanks! (+1) 1