Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

Pete Carroll: NFL should decrease use of instant replay

Agreed. It so often takes far too long. And even after replays they seem to make mistakes. 

Although it sounds very interesting. I don't know if I agree on full speed reviews.

If the foot was inbounds or not would be hard to tell on full speed. Or if player fumbled. Why limit that look?

Fulls speed may work for PI looks but not sure how this helps other calls.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

At first glance it looks kind of like McDermott.

and it was a glance ...  I am usually primarily focused on the scumbag Gronk 

52 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Incomplete! 

Are you blind?!!!

It's OPI !  Clearly the receiver ran into the defender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Are you blind?!!!

It's OPI !  Clearly the receiver ran into the defender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm I could be blind. You’re saying there was a flag thrown? 

Last year (with the exception of the Rams play) was much better.  I like the original intent that only obvious errors be overturned, if you have to look at the replay for 20 minutes..."The call of the field stands"

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

Still pissed Gronk didn't get laid out immediately after doing that BS. With that said that play has nothing to do with the replay debate.

It looks especially bad in that replay.  There is no doubt that his actions were classless and intentional. 

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

Although it sounds very interesting. I don't know if I agree on full speed reviews.

If the foot was inbounds or not would be hard to tell on full speed. Or if player fumbled. Why limit that look?

Fulls speed may work for PI looks but not sure how this helps other calls.

Replay, to me, is meant as a tool of correction for egregiously incorrect calls. If you need to look at ten slow speed angles for 7+ minutes, it isn’t egregiously incorrect, it is minute. At the very least, there absolutely needs to be a “replay clock” where they only get 2-3 minutes to look at it. Still looking when time expires? Call on the field stands. 

• Like (+1) 3

...why Pete?...Al Riveron does a fine job....don't think we could ask for much better.....

• Haha (+1) 1

"After reviewing the play ... YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THE DAMN BALL TO MARSHAWN!!!"

11 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Replay, to me, is meant as a tool of correction for egregiously incorrect calls. If you need to look at ten slow speed angles for 7+ minutes, it isn’t egregiously incorrect, it is minute. At the very least, there absolutely needs to be a “replay clock” where they only get 2-3 minutes to look at it. Still looking when time expires? Call on the field stands. 

What you don't like watching a review of a 5 yard pass to the sideline in the first quarter like Rex did? <sarcasm>

• Haha (+1) 1

everything..everywhere should decrease the use of pete carroll

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That's ironic.  I was just thinking how the NFL should reduce the use of Pete Carroll.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

Blood boiling

#87 retired because he knows what the Bills are bringing this year...

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I think they should get rid of SLOW MOTION replay.

Any replay on TV/reviews should be at the same speed that it is seen on the field

Agreed, real time replays. If you can't overturn in real time, it isn't indisputable.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Josh "Real Deal" Allen said:

What you don't like watching a review of a 5 yard pass to the sideline in the first quarter like Rex did? <sarcasm>

Doug Pederson once challenged 2 yards of field position on 2nd down. Nowhere near the first down marker. This was during his first season and I was convinced he was a bust. Not so much.

As to the OP; Such archaic thinking. I support any measure to get the calls correct. The officials are not part of the game and that's a ridiculous argument. The players, and the players alone, should determine the outcome.

Edited by LSHMEAB

8 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I think they should get rid of SLOW MOTION replay.

Any replay on TV/reviews should be at the same speed that it is seen on the field

Your take is one of the more bizarre I’ve ever read.

Why don’t you just advocate for making them watch it in a faster speed if you don’t want to get calls right?

• Skeptical 1

Just do all booth reviews like in college. Why do we trust the coaches to make a limited amount of reviews? Just let the professionals do it and find a way to streamline it as much as possible.

Posted (edited)

I agree with him. It frustrates the hell out of me always having a paused celebration. TD signal used to mean something. Now you get the signal, then wait, wait longer. Replay is still often just as inconclusive and frustrating depending on the outlook of the viewer and what they want. Example, MCM.

Edited by KzooMike

Pete Carroll would also like to see an increase in chewing gum with one’s mouth open in the NFL. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Doug Pederson once challenged 2 yards of field position on 2nd down. Nowhere near the first down marker. This was during his first season and I was convinced he was a bust. Not so much.

As to the OP; Such archaic thinking. I support any measure to get the calls correct. The officials are not part of the game and that's a ridiculous argument. The players, and the players alone, should determine the outcome.

The goal should be to make the officials invisible IMO.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Sign in to follow this