“Still Miles Away” -Colin Cowherd

If Beane and the Bills continue on this path of a rebuild, their rise back to the top will be inevitable at some point...probably in the next two years. It comes down to the OL, the evolution of Allen, and the DL. It begins with defeating NE convincingly once and for all. How we crack their run and pass blocking goes a long way. Is there perhaps, a psychological component to this as well?

Edited by Rocket94

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Baker Mayfield exposed Cowherd for the hack that he is.  That is to anyone who didn't already know he was a hack.  Can't believe people would listen to a word he says after that interview. 

13 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

OTOH, the Dolphins have the worst roster in the NFL and lost their starting LT, LG to free agency. I can see Miami drafting @#1 overall in 2020 and guess what position their pick will be...

Their left tackle is Laremy Tunsil. He didn't leave in FA...

Cowherd is just another talking head who doesn't follow the Bills' nearly closely enough, to be able to speak on how far away they are to being an AFC threat.

He couldn't tell you which areas need to be shored up to close that perceived gap, if asked.

On May 3, 2019 at 5:34 AM, CommonCents said:

Cowherd isn’t a former NFL player but he runs marathons at 55 years old. He openly admits he trains so he can try and have the mindset of an athlete. I find that impressive, lots of media personalities look like slobs. 

Hey, i've never played in the NFL, I'm 55 years old, and my next marathon is this Sunday.  Maybe I can get my own talk show.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Hes probably the "expert Yahoo" that couldn't see the plan that Beane has been working on too ! This guy lives & dies by how much crap he can give out to some teams, so just take him out back & pummel him !! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CIrvine said:

Hey, i've never played in the NFL, I'm 55 years old, and my next marathon is this Sunday.  Maybe I can get my own talk show.  

Good job on the marathons, that’s something you should be proud of. Shirley you got my point though. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Good job on the marathons, that’s something you should be proud of. Shirley you got my point though. 

I am 55 and have run five marathons. It has been ten years  since my last one. 

The Buffalo Marathon is soon. I ran that twice. Nice course.

He’s wrong.  We’re there - right now.  Unless Allen isn’t everything we think he can be.

And enough drooling over the Pats draft.  They got one of the steals with Winivich, and a receiver they desperately needed.  Otherwise meh given all of their picks.

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I stand corrected.  

It was starting RT Ja'Wuan James who left in free agency to Denver. Along with starting LG Ted Larsen who signed with Chicago. They also have a band-aid at center but they could pencil in 3rd pick Michael Deiter for that position or perhaps LG. 

Still, I think the Dolphins roster stinks and their super bowl odds are at +27500. Which is last in the NFL. 

I also think that many around the league are underestimating how well Buffalo did in free agency and the draft. The Bills already had the #1 pass defense in 2018 and they signed EJ Gains. Now I have to wonder who the starting CB is opposite Tre White. Is it Levi Wallace? Is it EJ Gains? Is it Kevin Johnson? Decisions, decisions! 

Cowherd plays towards the Bigger markets.  His guy Rosen is now in Miami.  So he has to make an argument why Miami is better.  They might have an argument that Miami has better Wrs but that's it. 

On 5/3/2019 at 8:03 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Sees us as last in the Division. Obviously, he has many critics, but I’ve always liked him and he makes points.

*Alarming 7 Blowout loses

Nate Peterman and Derek Anderson started 3 of those.

2 were to the super bowl champions.  BB eats up rookie QBs.  

At Green Bay in a rain storm if I recall.  And the Chargers were Allen's first start....IMO one of the 3 best teams in the NFL last year.  

Alarming!!

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Nate Peterman and Derek Anderson started 3 of those.

2 were to the super bowl champions.  BB eats up rookie QBs.  

At Green Bay in a rain storm if I recall.  And the Chargers were Allen's first start....IMO one of the 3 best teams in the NFL last year.  

Alarming!!

How does Bill Bellichek do with second year QBs? 

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They lost Ju'Wuan James, their RT, in FA.  Josh Sitton, their hoped-for LG, was IR'd early in the season and then retired (or did they cut him, then he retired?).  Either way, point is two pieces expected to start for them are gone, and the replacements look to be about on par with what the Bills did last year (a FA depth guy plus a 3rd round pick on G).

On 5/3/2019 at 2:03 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Sees us as last in the Division. Obviously, he has many critics, but I’ve always liked him and he makes points.

*Alarming 7 Blowout loses

*Young QBs do better with Offensive HC

*Fish go from 7-9 pretenders to WC consideration w/Rosen

*Pats* great Draft

*Jets did much to improve 

I’m good with this analysis as we all (AFCE) play a comparatively favorable schedule and no Bills fans really know what we have or who we are yet. We’re putting a lot of stock and hope that all the pieces will fit nicely very quickly. If not, and it’s unreasonable to expect it, we’re going to lose games we likely should and could have won, while learning ‘who we are’.

I still think 10 wins is possible, but it’ll take at least 3 Division wins to accomplish.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/buffalo-bills-still-miles-away-from-competing-in-afc-says-colin-cowherd.html

Of those 7 blowout losses, 2 were in Josh Allen's first 3 starts after a Summer rotating reps between Peterman and McCarron and 4 were with either Peterman or Anderson starting.

The other was against the Patriots in New England. And it was a 12 point loss.

The Jets and Dolphins have new Head Coaches and their 2nd year QBs will be learning a new system in their 2nd year. Allen will be running the exact same offensive system under the same coaches.

Sure, the Patriots improved, but Brady's another year older and you could see him declining a bit last year, in spite of the Super Bowl win.

I don't agree.

Next year we take the division and get a home playoff game. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They lost Ju'Wuan James, their RT, in FA.  Josh Sitton, their hoped-for LG, was IR'd early in the season and then retired (or did they cut him, then he retired?).  Either way, point is two pieces expected to start for them are gone, and the replacements look to be about on par with what the Bills did last year (a FA depth guy plus a 3rd round pick on G).

Agree but I think their Oline should be passable. Their offensive weapons are more of a question.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree but I think their Oline should be passable. Their offensive weapons are more of a question.

Why passable?  What have they done to improve it?  

Phins tied with Cardinals and Oak for 52 sacks last year.

Whatever you think of Tannehill, that’s a significant uptick in his sack % from <7% to >11%

And then they had their RT walk, andwhat have they done to replace him, much less improve?

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why passable?  What have they done to improve it?  

Phins tied with Cardinals and Oak for 52 sacks last year.

Whatever you think of Tannehill, that’s a significant uptick in his sack % from <7% to >11%

And then they had their RT walk, andwhat have they done to replace him, much less improve?

I like the Wisconsin kid they took in the draft think he will be a plug and play guy and they have the most important piece - a left tackle. But yes, you are right, they haven't replaced James and center is still an issue too.