“Still Miles Away” -Colin Cowherd

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Right now, I think the Browns have to be the favorite to win the North. They've massively improved an already rising team, while everyone in their division got worse or stayed the same. Unless Lamar Jackson figured out how to throw a football over the offseason, they have as good a shot as any of them.

On paper is a funny thing. 

The Browns two head coaches last year are now long gone.  The quarterback coach is now the head coach and while the new HC will be calling the offensive plays. New DC will be Steve Wilks who was the HC at Arizona last season. 

The Cleveland Browns went 7-8-1 last year and won 5 of their last 7 games under Gregg Williams.

Who knows how that new coaching staff will do this season. Same old Browns?

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SoTier said:

That's nonsense.  TSW had a new thread just about every day on some variation of the theme that the Bills were tanking in 2017.  It was even discussed numerous times in the Buffalo sports media.

Yep, there were a few idiots. Most fans shot those threads down. And Buffalo Sports Media is as bad as anyone.

8 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Here's all you need to know in order to understand Colin Cowherd's football opinions:

NYC: #1 metro area in population

Miami: #7 metro area in population

Boston: #10 metro area in population

Buffalo: #50 metro area in population

He has openly expressed his disdain for blue collar people and small cities and feels that the NFL would be a better league if the Buffalo Bills had moved to Toronto.

I used to listen to him a lot, and I don't know about open disdain for him.   However, he has been very clear that he gets paid based on how many ears are listening and how many eyes are watching.  So your list explains exactly why he says nice things about the Jets and not about the Bills.  

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sees us as last in the Division. Obviously, he has many critics, but I’ve always liked him and he makes points.

*Alarming 7 Blowout loses

*Young QBs do better with Offensive HC

*Fish go from 7-9 pretenders to WC consideration w/Rosen

*Pats* great Draft

*Jets did much to improve 

I’m good with this analysis as we all (AFCE) play a comparatively favorable schedule and no Bills fans really know what we have or who we are yet. We’re putting a lot of stock and hope that all the pieces will fit nicely very quickly. If not, and it’s unreasonable to expect it, we’re going to lose games we likely should and could have won, while learning ‘who we are’.

I still think 10 wins is possible, but it’ll take at least 3 Division wins to accomplish.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/buffalo-bills-still-miles-away-from-competing-in-afc-says-colin-cowherd.html

Fins moved from a HC who is offensive minded to  defensive minded and from experienced to young QB

Only 2 of the blowout losses were with JA starting - even there he did well against the chargers in the second half - so it was only 3 halves of blowout losses

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

Fins have a HC who is offensive minded to  defensive minded and experienced to young QB

Only 2 of the blowout losses were with JA starting - even there he did well against the chargers in the second half - so it was only 3 halves of blowout losses

I wouldn’t recommend blowing these games off as aberrations. There’ve been way too many in Sean’s 1st 2seasons. JA had little to nothing to do with them, but it’s a definite trend which must be addressed and stopped. Just like the ridiculous amount of penalties and dropped passes. 

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I wouldn’t recommend blowing these games off as aberrations. There’ve been way too many in Sean’s 1st 2seasons. JA had little to nothing to do with them, but it’s a definite trend which must be addressed and stopped. Just like the ridiculous amount of penalties and dropped passes. 

Really? Even the 2017 season? I only remember the Peterman 5 int game and the Saints game. Even the Pats games were very close at the half, no? It is possible I am missing some games. 

But hey! I am all for turning those blowout losses into wins. 

I’m in the camp that we should be improved from our average of 7.5 wins & 8.5 losses record the past 2 years. We had a lot of dead cap money the past 2 years. Now that a majority of our cap is going to pay for contributors and we have a rebuilt OLine things should be better. One has the figure a top 10 running game, and top 10 defense will more than compensate if Josh Allen’s accuracy continue to hover around 50%. But ultimately the #1 factor in our success will be Allen. If Allen plays at a top 1/2 of NFL QBs this is where we enter playoff talk. Prognosticators like Cowherd put it all on the QB and not the overall coaching and complimentary players. Case in point, out Tom Brady on last years team and we might win another 3 games max. That’s assuming he could have survived behind a horrible OLine that couldn’t run the ball. Allen will be better the question is how improved will his supporting teammates around him be? 

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

if one has been paying attention, his love affair with the Patsies has been quite evident for years.

Yeah an unabashed Pats fan...was on the old board too. Just run through posting history, it's funny to me I guess.

2 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

Ohhh...my favorite stalker is back.....It really kills you doesn't it !...lol

I like to call it how I see it. I think it's weird that a Patriots fan is on a Bills messageboard pretending to be a Bills fan is all. It's not personal.

9 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Fish go from 7-9 pretenders to WC consideration w/Rosen”

?????

#1 Pats, #2 Bills, #3 Jets, #4 Dolphins

The only question is if the Bills get a WC. They may need to get to 11 wins. That's gonna be extremely difficult because according to the "experts" NE, KC, LAC, INDY, HOU, PITT, CLE, and BAL are all going to make the playoffs. And yes, I know I listed 8 teams. Only to highlight the absurdity of the words of the clowns so many people take as fact... 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

#1 Pats, #2 Bills, #3 Jets, #4 Dolphins

The only question is if the Bills get a WC. They may need to get to 11 wins. That's gonna be extremely difficult because according to the "experts" NE, KC, LAC, INDY, HOU, PITT, CLE, and BAL are all going to make the playoffs. And yes, I know I listed 8 teams. Only to highlight the absurdity of the words of the clowns so many people take as fact... 

the experts are full of Poop-128.png

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

This seems to be what most of the posters here ignore.  The Bills aren't the only team that improved -- and some of those teams that got better were already better than the Bills last season. 

The coaches never talk about how good any of the other teams are.   For them, it's all about getting their team to be as good as it can be.  

I found myself getting excited about the 2019 Bills the other day, and then I remembered just how hard it is to win ANY game in the NFL.   These are great, evenly matched teams, and they're all desperate to win.  

Daboll could be no better this season than last.  The new Oline coach may be a failure.  There's a new special teams coach, but that doesn't mean they'll be better.  The defense might regress.  Maybe Edmunds doesn't step up to another level of play. 

Most importantly, maybe Allen is a perpetual 54% completion guy, no matter what the Bills try to get him to do.  If that alone turns out to be true, the Bills will have trouble winning 8 games.  

What do I think is going to happen?   I think the offensive line is going to be better by a wide margin.   Morse will take over the leadership of the line, Ford will handle business on the right side, and two veteran guards will step in play reasonably well.   The result is that McCoy/Gore/Singletary will exceed 1500 yards.  Allen will be over 60% and the Bills will win 9 or more.  

But people who aren't Bills fans and aren't paying attention still haven't realized that Allen is better than all the pre-draft analysis that said he was a project who only can throw deep.  They still don't understand that the Bills acquired an entirely new, experienced offensive line.  And they still think McCoy and Gore are way over the hill.   I think half way into the season they'll be scratching their heads wondering where the Bills came from.  

• Like (+1) 1

Cowherd has never liked the Bills or had any respect for them.

That aside, the fact that he thinks that the one QB in last years draft less proven than Allen being added to one of the worst rosters in football is somehow suddenly a wild card contender speaks more to his lack of football knowledge than anything else.

10 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Yep, a guy who is thought of so highly that they barely got a 2nd round pick for him.

I don't think this is a real measure of his value.  The Cardinals left themselves with no leverage, and the Dolphins exploited it and got him for a price.  Rosen may or may not develop into a top-tier quarterback, but it would be difficult to argue that the Dolphins aren't more stable at quarterback with him on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah an unabashed Pats fan...was on the old board too. Just run through posting history, it's funny to me I guess.

I like to call it how I see it. I think it's weird that a Patriots fan is on a Bills messageboard pretending to be a Bills fan is all. It's not personal.

What I think is strange and that for some, quite a few actually, it's impossible to be a Bills fan and at the same time, appreciate what NE has done over the last 2 decades.

Saying New England has set the bar so high that most likely no other team will ever be able to reach it does not make me weird....makes me accurate.....I've said many times that I believe what NE has been/is doing is really bad for the NFL and the sooner it ends, the better....And I hope we never see anything like this again....I do however accept that they're the most dominant dynasty the NFL has ever seen, Brady is GOAT and so is Belichick......If that makes me, in your eyes, a lesser Bills fan...frankly.....I don't care.....keep your head in the sand where it's all nice and cozy...lol

I'm in my mid 50's, so there's a good chance I was a Bills fan before you......telling other fans how to act is always a classic ! Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pat Kirwan had some very nice things to say about our draft. We can like him!   ?

The proof is in the pudding. If we win, the narrative will change. Love him or hate him, Cowherd will face the music when he’s wrong. He’s generally positive on Allen, but thinks we still have a ways to go. I think we are closer than he does, but that’s why we play the games. Let’s make him own this. PLEASE! 

Regardless, we are talking about him and his stuff, so he wins. 

• Like (+1) 1