“Still Miles Away” -Colin Cowherd

Wow what bravery making a prediction that the Buffalo Bills won't make the playoffs... That's like claiming the Browns finishing in last place the previous 10 years as a 'hot take'.

Bills are on the upswing, so that 'easy-money' prediction from years past will be going away shortly.. hopefully this year.

The blowout losses are my no. 1 worry bead about the McD era- they are somewhat alarming so he makes a fair point. 

I just see too much potential- the defense could wind up being scary good and if the offense takes another step-  they won't be miles away from anything.... 

• Like (+1) 5

1.Most of the season depends on the improvement of Josh Allen. We aren't going anywhere without that.

2.McDermott is an amazing leader of men ..but his talent as a football coach is unproven and debatable.

Not saying he is a lousy coach but its up in the air re how good he is.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

The credibility of his words is shot when he states that Fins are WC conterders. The Rosen statue will crumble behind that O-Line!!

I know. Dolphins no way!

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I Cowturd has not said much good about the Bill as far as I know.  

So this isn’t unexpected 

With the exception of an occasional positive comment about the Bills defense,  he primarily bags on us for years. We're always lumped in with teams like Detroit,  Cinncinati,  Jacksonville etc...He's always been a big market *****...."Where Colin is right, where Colin is wrong"....just start winning and he'll act like he was always on board.

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sees us as last in the Division. Obviously, he has many critics, but I’ve always liked him and he makes points.

*Alarming 7 Blowout loses

*Young QBs do better with Offensive HC

*Fish go from 7-9 pretenders to WC consideration w/Rosen

*Pats* great Draft

*Jets did much to improve 

I’m good with this analysis as we all (AFCE) play a comparatively favorable schedule and no Bills fans really know what we have or who we are yet. We’re putting a lot of stock and hope that all the pieces will fit nicely very quickly. If not, and it’s unreasonable to expect it, we’re going to lose games we likely should and could have won, while learning ‘who we are’.

I still think 10 wins is possible, but it’ll take at least 3 Division wins to accomplish.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/buffalo-bills-still-miles-away-from-competing-in-afc-says-colin-cowherd.html

my biggest concern is the 7 blowout losses. i mean it was like we didn't even belong on the field in those games. if we don't have any of those episodes this coming year, i will consider the previous ones to be somewhat of an anomaly and chalk it up to growing paigns. should we continue to see more of them however, it raises some serious concerns as to McCoach's coaching abilities.

• Like (+1) 3

Did he see Allen play last year?  Quite possibly not.  Late last season the Washington Post's football guru, Mark Maske, published his weekly ratings of NFL teams.  He dissed the Bills and basically said Allen was a big disappointment.  I e-mailed him and suggested he watch tapes of the games Allen had played in.  I don't listen to or necessarily believe so called experts like Cowherd anymore.

11 minutes ago, Tcali said:

1.Most of the season depends on the improvement of Josh Allen. We aren't going anywhere without that.

2.McDermott is an amazing leader of men ..but his talent as a football coach is unproven and debatable.

Not saying he is a lousy coach but its up in the air re how good he is.

I think last year he accepted some of the blowout losses because of how young the team was. That will not be the case this year as I see them much more competitive and in just about every game. Obviously Josh's development will be critical in reaching 9+ wins.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sees us as last in the Division. Obviously, he has many critics, but I’ve always liked him and he makes points.

*Alarming 7 Blowout loses

*Young QBs do better with Offensive HC

*Fish go from 7-9 pretenders to WC consideration w/Rosen

*Pats* great Draft

*Jets did much to improve 

I’m good with this analysis as we all (AFCE) play a comparatively favorable schedule and no Bills fans really know what we have or who we are yet. We’re putting a lot of stock and hope that all the pieces will fit nicely very quickly. If not, and it’s unreasonable to expect it, we’re going to lose games we likely should and could have won, while learning ‘who we are’.

I still think 10 wins is possible, but it’ll take at least 3 Division wins to accomplish.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/buffalo-bills-still-miles-away-from-competing-in-afc-says-colin-cowherd.html

Beware of people that present goofy reasons for a prediction

Buffalo was blown out in 4 games not 7

Young QBs do best with a OC that can fit talent that matches skill & game plan

So the tanking Dolphins go 7-9 with Rosen, the QB traded after one season....red flag?

Buffalo's draft was every bit as good as the Patriots, some say better...

The Jets have a new head coach & staff, 7-9 is a reach IMO

Typically guys like him are fed their knowledge from some low level staff.  Most on screen "talent" does little of their own research.  I found him to be nothing more than a talking head, except when it comes to college basketball.  The rest of the time he is clueless.  There's a reason he is no longer on ESPN.

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

my biggest concern is the 7 blowout losses. i mean it was like we didn't even belong on the field in those games. if we don't have any of those episodes this coming year, i will consider the previous ones to be somewhat of an anomaly and chalk it up to growing paigns. should we continue to see more of them however, it raises some serious concerns as to McCoach's coaching abilities.

So what's the definition of a blowout? Just a multiple score loss? I guess they include the 11 point loss to the chargers and the 12 point loss to the Pats. I wouldn't count those as blowouts though, personally. Just losses.

The Bills did also have 3 blowout wins themselves.

3 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

The thing I hate the most about NE is that they've set the bar at such a high level ,.. that no other team will ever compare...we are doomed for the rest of our lives....we'll always hear..." they're great, but they're not NE..."

Funny enough, the 1 year they were blowing people off, they ended up losing the SB....

Jesus. You’re not even trying to hide it anymore.

Well, anything to get him to stop talking about Lebron and reminding me that he lives in LA, and I don’t, I guess.

I was never a hater the way some people have been, but since his move he’s a little too LA-centric for my taste.