John Warrow’s High Praise For Beane & McDermott Regime

10 minutes ago, SoTier said:

One has to wonder just how you developed your expertise in identifying losers.  Do you see one in the mirror every morning?

BTW, Jason Peters, Marshawn Lynch, and Stephon Gilmore all say "hi" -- all "losers" with "All Pro" on their resumes and Super Bowl rings on the fingers.

If you really want to learn, here’s a good place to start. :) 

http://tinyurl.com/y5ujy9pw

10 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not gonna lie.  i've just kinda stopped reading your stuff.   it's just very, very depressing.  take the bridge kind of depressing.

If Bills talk IN ANY WAY depresses you.........seek counseling........that's a you problem............it's just entertainment.     

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

If Bills talk IN ANY WAY depresses you.........seek counseling........that's a you problem............it's just entertainment.     

bills talk doesn't, but when sotier's fingers touch a keyboard, a kitten is murdered somewhere.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Yes, all hail the supreme knowledge from a rookie HC and a rookie GM who was in charge of administrative personnel and logistics, not player personnel, from his years as an assistant GM in Carolina.

Actually you are wrong on Beane. He was from their administrative and logistics department originally. He served as Head of Football administration in that role for most of his time there. But after a spell as interim GM when Hurney was sacked the first time he began to move into the personnel side and his final 3 years there under Gettleman his main responsibilities were player evaluations. But if you want to argue that Beane is not a professional scout - he never did the hard yards as an area scout or a regional scout - that is certainly fair. The thing is I think he knows that. That is why he has stacked his FO with guys steeped in scouting. Schoen, Morgan and previously Gaine are all pure scouting stock. And the next tier of management below that are too. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not bothering to open those links........I watched most of the Rams games in both years and Goff improved significantly as a thrower of the deep ball last year.    Clearly he had worked on it.   The Falcons recognized the weakness and employed a "Fitz" defense on him and that was the end of the Rams 2017 season.  So it was an absolute necessity to improve in that area.    He routinely under threw Watkins in 2017.......the tape don't lie.    

Your work in this thread has just been bad...........like 3 posts of bad stats that even you had to admit were bogus.:doh:   Using dumb phrases to make it seem like McBeane's choices weren't actually choices.:doh:    I literally quoted you word for word and you are telling me you have no idea what I am talking about.:doh::lol:

Baldo, you are more criticized on here than any other poster (except SoTier) and the reason is the quality of your posts and this "I'm smarter than you attitude".

Moving goal posts is the best explanation of you.  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Baldo, you are more criticized on here than any other poster (except SoTier) and the reason is the quality of your posts and this "I'm smarter than you attitude".

Moving goal posts is the best explanation of you.  

I think it's CTE from constantly smacking himself in the forehead.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Yes, all hail the supreme knowledge from a rookie HC and a rookie GM who was in charge of administrative personnel and logistics, not player personnel, from his years as an assistant GM in Carolina.

I've already said it many times, if the Bills succeed I'll be glad to eat crow, but I don't think McDermott is the guy to do it.   I'm not sure that Beane is either.

I never said that Watkins wasn't a disappointment.   They didn't have to find a replacement for Watkins after they traded him -- if somebody on the Bills had been smart enough to re-sign Robert Woods -- and don't give me the line that he wasn't interested in re-signing.   For enough money, he would have re-signed. 

When and where have I ever complained about the Bills paying too much money to a player???   I consider Nathan Peterman a waste of a draft pick and a waste of a roster spot.  Kelvin Benjamin was a waste of the third round pick and a roster spot.  I've called both Vlad Ducasse and Russell Bodine bottom feeder OLers but I never begrudged them the money they're paid.  

I disliked the Dareus trade because I think that McDermott wanted him gone for personality differences, and Beane accomplished that without regard to his talent or the cap implications or the fact that the Bills had no one to replace him.  A GM's job is to take all those things into account and do what's best for the team, and I think Beane traded Dareus because it was better for McDermott's ego rather than it being better for the team. 

Oh, and before all the McDermott defenders point to all their examples of how they couldn't work with players or people, etc, I'll say "suck it up".  Before I changed careers, I spent 9 years teaching in Buffalo schools.   Teachers don't get to pick and choose their students.  They suck it up and deal with the kids they have in their classes or they do something else. 

One has to wonder just how you developed your expertise in identifying losers.  Do you see one in the mirror every morning?

BTW, Jason Peters, Marshawn Lynch, and Stephon Gilmore all say "hi" -- all "losers" with "All Pro" on their resumes and Super Bowl rings on the fingers.

Snoring between the pipes.

A bad signing, no, but it's a gamble because unlike many other kinds of injuries -- like Cordy Glenn's foot issues that some posters whined about -- concussions can't be "fixed".  They tend to make players who have one likely to have more -- and more serious ones that take longer to heal.  Morse has had 2 as a pro IIRC.  He may have others in HS or in college.

Ummm ....  McDermott and Beane trashed the OFFENSE, dude, which was respectable if not great under Ryan.  :doh:  It was the DEFENSE that Ryan put on the field that sucked ... and McDermott and Beane kept more of those guys than he did on the offense.  Dareus is better than Loutelei and Taylor is infinitely better than Peterman. 

Dareus is not better than Star.  The old Dareus before he got the big money and decided not to put forth the effort was.  And your comparison to teaching is completely bizarre - by law parents had to send their kids to your class.  No NFL law says a team has to keep a player.

As for Taylor and Peterman, if they would have kept Taylor it would have cost them tens of millions, knowing it was him keeping the seat warm till Allen took over.  Did Peterson stink?  Yes - one of the mysteries of all Bills history is why he showed well in practice and stunk in games.  Beane admitted they should have gotten another veteran in earlier when they dumped McCarron (who showed nothing I  his time with the Bills and broke his leg to boot).  Yes, they made a mistake.

Here's the thing you have to reconcile in your mind.  The Bills have a plan they are carrying out.  You don't like it.  Fine, good for you.  Criticize all you want, but at least have some logic to some of what you post.  You don't like being criticized, but you open yourself up to it constantly. 

30 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

We did, but did we not go 6-10 and look bad doing it last year?

Hats of Coach McDermott and GM Beane to get the monkey off our back.  

Last year had to do with the cap hit they took and the playing of rookies at the two main leadership positions on offense and defense.  I agree they need to show improvement this year, but keep things in perspective.

52 minutes ago, SoTier said:

A bad signing, no, but it's a gamble because unlike many other kinds of injuries -- like Cordy Glenn's foot issues that some posters whined about -- concussions can't be "fixed".

Nothing risky about a leg injury, though. Even though Sammy Watkins misses games every season that would have been a good signing. You're definitely being consistent.

28 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Last year had to do with the cap hit they took and the playing of rookies at the two main leadership positions on offense and defense.  I agree they need to show improvement this year, but keep things in perspective.

That was their own choosing and they don't get a pass for it.  And yes, it was a choice they made.  They weren't forced to.  There were other options.

they were hired for one reason, to win.  they did the first year and then decided to have us season ticket holder fans who put their money where their mouth is suffer through a rotten season.   I was at the Bears and Patises games and it was pathetic.   I don't appreciate that.

Doesn't matter how you do it, but it can't take 4 or 5 years.  You won't last that long.

It better work.

Go BILLS !!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

That was their own choosing and they don't get a pass for it.  And yes, it was a choice they made.  They weren't forced to.  There were other options.

they were hired for one reason, to win.  they did the first year and then decided to have us season ticket holder fans who put their money where their mouth is suffer through a rotten season.   I was at the Bears and Patises games and it was pathetic.   I don't appreciate that.

Doesn't matter how you do it, but it can't take 4 or 5 years.  You won't last that long.

It better work.

Go BILLS !!

They made their choice.  You have choices too. 

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Bills.  Love it or Leave it.

I hear you.  I could be on here complaining about Joe Collier but not much point to that.  Sometimes I think there should be some kind of statute of limitations on complaints

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I hear you.  I could be on here complaining about Joe Collier but not much point to that.  Sometimes I think there should be some kind of statute of limitations on complaints

Yeah, well benching Flutie in the playoff game is complaint worthy FOREVER IMHO.

You can pry my cold dead fingers off that complaint.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yeah, well benching Flutie in the playoff game is complaint worthy FOREVER IMHO.

How about using OJ Simpson as a decoy/blocking back for his first THREE seasons in the league?

25 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

No doubt he shouldn't have been benched when he was, but for as big of a deal as people make about it, they had that game won until a special teams gaffe.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

How about using OJ Simpson as a decoy/blocking back for his first THREE seasons in the league?

I recall those days vividly.  John Rauch was a moron.  Probably a good thing the Internet wasn't around then.