"The Bills are winning this Draft" - Per Matt Miller

Scorp83

28 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Why? Just curious... does his personality stink? What did you hear?

They scouted exactly zero of his games this year and he had the worst catch rate in this years WR class. There was also a report fwiw that his “heart” was questioned 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

It's the overall grouping of talent. I don't see what the plan is. Considering that Gore and Shady will likely move on after this season Yeldon and Singletary aren't exactly complementary backs. That's not to say that things can't change.... But.... We don't exactly have a hammer. Yeldon is big but plays soft. It kind of feels like finding two guys to do what Shady does instead of getting a player that can be a reliable 3 down workhorse, or going with the "thunder and lightning" approach.

I don't hate the pick. I just don't see what their plan is moving forward.

Devin was/is the definition of a workhorse based off college stats and attempts no?

Edited by Real McCoy

5 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

We always have next years draft to balance the RB room.

Absolutely. That’s why it’s something I’m not particularly concerned about. 

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I think Beane was true to his word in taking the BPA in the first three rounds.  If the o-line can mesh early, Allen is set up to have a breakout year.

I think so as well. I also think some of us (myself included) still aren’t used to that approach. I’m pretty excited to see a GM actually follow his board and build from the ball out. QB and trenches is where consistent winners are built. 

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Devin was/is the definition of a workhorse based off college stats and attempts no?

If he’d had the same production in the SEC or was utilized more in the passing game I’d agree. He’s a prospect. We’ll see how it works out. I hope the kid can be a workhorse at a higher level of competition and spins the league around like Barry Sanders. 

Again. I don’t hate the pick. I’m just trying to sort what the long term plan is at the position. 

38 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

How are we winning the draft when we have a bunch of WR3s on the roster? He's an inaccurate QB and as we saw last year no one could get separation, that is still a huge issue. I see another year with loads of INTs. We need to do what KC did with Hill/Hunt/Kelce/Watkins. Surround your young franchise QB with as many weapons as possible. Not a big fan of a slow RB either, have enough of those. 

The OL was the worst in the NFL by a country mile.

That needs to be fixed, first and foremost. No exceptions, that’s priority NUMBER ONE.

It doesn’t matter who your skilled players are if your franchise QB is on his back or running for his life on EVERY pass play.

If the line all of a sudden becomes a strength and these skilled players turn out to be total duds, McBeane will fix it.

If Allen gets time, the offense will be fine as the skilled players they have, they all have a role and it should be ok.

Like I said, if it turns out they need a superstar weapon, they will get it.

Can’t fix all your ills in one offseason.

OL needs to be rock solid. That was priority number one, two and three this offseason.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Because 30+ year old RB’s don’t hold up well.  Kind of ridiculous we are paying McCoy $6m this season.  Beane must be worried about the locker room impact of letting McCoy go.  

Fair point. But just seems weird we now have McCoy, Gore, Yeldon AND this new kid now.

They must be trying to move shady cause the math don’t add up 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

We always have next years draft to balance the RB room.

They wanted a young guy in the room to groom for the future. To learn what it means to be a professional from Shady and Gore. This is a leadership development method that they truly believe in building the right culture. 

5 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Forgive my ignorance, who is matt miller exactly? Obviously I see he covers the draft for BR, but BR is full of wannabes and know-nothings pretending to know stuff. Does he have a actual pedigree beyond BR? 

So, you’re saying they’re just like you with an opposite take. Perfect.

Just now, HomeTeam said:

They wanted a young guy in the room to groom for the future. To learn what it means to be a professional from Shady and Gore. This is a leadership development method that they truly believe in building the right culture. 

Would have been nice if they put that same thought into their QB room last year.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Antonio Brown went in the 6th. Colston went in the 7th. Thielen wasn’t drafted. 

Good point. 

Here is one for you to consider: Butler isn’t Brown. Nor is he Colston or Thielen. Just because it has happened in the past doesn’t mean it will happen in the future when every variable has been changed. Everything is different. It can’t be compared, only used as data for this year, this team, this pick. Otherwise, every team would be picking a quarterback at 199. 

56 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

How are we winning the draft when we have a bunch of WR3s on the roster? He's an inaccurate QB and as we saw last year no one could get separation, that is still a huge issue. I see another year with loads of INTs. We need to do what KC did with Hill/Hunt/Kelce/Watkins. Surround your young franchise QB with as many weapons as possible. Not a big fan of a slow RB either, have enough of those. 

Great in theory, but accumulating the talent KC did obviously come with some gambles on players with red flags. We’ll see how that offense functions without Hunt and Hill this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be fine with taking a flier on Butler at this point due to the opportunity cost.  We don't really need to make 4 more picks as we're going to run into serious roster contention and end up needing to cut some talented players.

That said, everyone has fallen in love with Butler as their other crushes have been dispatched, and it's coalescing into this one guy.  He could be ok, but I mean, let's not get ourselves into a tizzy for a receiver with this in his scouting report:

• Drops on drops on drops

The likelihood that we're passing time and time again on the next superstar WR is vanishingly small.

1 minute ago, akm0404 said:

I'd be fine with taking a flier on Butler at this point due to the opportunity cost.  We don't really need to make 4 more picks as we're going to run into serious roster contention and end up needing to cut some talented players.

That said, everyone has fallen in love with Butler as their other crushes have been dispatched, and it's coalescing into this one guy.  He could be ok, but I mean, let's not get ourselves into a tizzy for a receiver with this in his scouting report:

• Drops on drops on drops

The likelihood that we're passing time and time again on the next superstar WR is vanishingly small.

WR has the highest bust rate of all positions. Out of all WRs drafted in the past 6 years IIRC correctly only 15% made one pro bowl. That stat was on the radio here yesterday as Patsies fans debated the Harry pick. 

Butler has a huge wing span, height, strength. Smart kid. I watched his highlights, then I watched more of him. It’s rare that a guy that big is as fluid as he is. He trained with CJ this offseason, he wants it. 

I don’t watch nearly as much CFB as I’d like but when I latch onto a player I’d like to think my success rate is pretty good. Whoever gets Butler is going to be happy. That’s my guess. 

• Thank you (+1) 1