"The Bills are winning this Draft" - Per Matt Miller

Scorp83

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I look at the Yeldon signing as insurance. Gore will be 36 come preseason, and I have a hard time believing he will be an upgrade from Ivory. The only thing that surprised me about the Singletary pick was that they didn't draft more of a downhill runner. But, I don't hate the pick AT ALL. I think he will be a fun guy to watch, and if his elusiveness can translate to the NFL, he could develop into something special, imo.

Gore likely gets cut in camp, IMO.  Or Yeldon.   One or the other.   They signed them as insurance depending on how the draft went.   They get a guy at RB in the draft.   Singletary will stick and one of Gore or Yeldon won't .  

Trust the Process.  It appears from what the "experts" are saying that McBeanes are killing it in the draft.    again. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I'm pretty happy with this draft. Grabbing a HB in the 3rd was a bit of a head scratcher when you consider the Yeldon signing, but I love the other picks. I'll just have to have faith on that pick... I just don't see a real plan at HB.

Getting a young guy and yeldon this week is the first sign of a plan at the position.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, 5ths the charm said:

I find it arrogant that anyone can say we don't have holes that a 4th or 5th rounder couldn't fill. That we are going with gadget rbs and project player TEs in the third round?

Singletary isnt a "gadget" RB.  He Carries the rock often, in between the tackles, incredibly elusive and breaks tons of tackles who finds the endzone extremely often.  That is not a gadget back by any sensible definition.

And Knox is not a project TE.  He has elite athleticism for the position who can block and catch who happened to play with DK Metcalf, AJ Brown and another guy who will be an NFL pro, not to mention the QB kinda stunk.  He was misused.

Beane is a magician. The way he has worked the board has been uncanny. This Singletary has serious potential to be a threat every time he touches the ball. Combine that with a reneged offensive line and we should have a serious ground attack. Knox seems like a balanced TE, as is Kroft so those two should add value in the run game and passing game. Cody Ford looks to be an instant remedy at RT along with Morse at C. Dawkins is going to rebound I think. We got 3 legitimate workhorses on that OL now. No more cheap shots on Allen now or you better watch yourself.

9 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Oh no only a C?!!! Is there anyway for Beane to earn extra credit to move things to a B.

The use of the word "safe" to describe the linemen picks makes me think that you are attempting a little amateur trolling here. I've seen worse efforts but there's definitely room for you to improve. I'm giving your trolling efforts a B- but saying you have potential.

No, it's my belief that neither of these guys represent riaky picks. They're interior linemen

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No, it's my belief that neither of these guys represent riaky picks. They're interior linemen

That's nonsensical.  You said the first two picks were just "OK" just because they are "safe"-- as you define it.  You suggest outstanding  pass rushing interior lineman can never be great picks-- like Arnold Donald?  Plainly you just want to pout because you did not get the Red Ryder BB gun you wanted, but please don't spout nonsense. 

4 hours ago, MtlBillsFan said:

I love Beane but the guy is human. I'm with the posters who thinks two 4th to move up to get Knox is a bit expensive. Is it a big deal? Probably not. But that is two less chance to hit for a starting player which is very likely in the 4th.

Go Bills!

But it’s also one better chance in the 3rd 

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

That's nonsensical.  You said the first two picks were just "OK" just because they are "safe"-- as you define it.  You suggest outstanding  pass rushing interior lineman can never be great picks-- like Arnold Donald?  Plainly you just want to pout because you did not get the Red Ryder BB gun you wanted, but please don't spout nonsense. 

And how many Aaron Donalds are there in the NFL exactly? If this guy fails, it'll be a lot easier to hide than, say, a wr. That's why he's a safe pick. By the way, it's ok to have a different opinion, you know, and it's not like I gave the draft an F.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'll give the draft a C. The linemen were safe, ok picks. The "skill" players are unknowns at best. It's a passable draft. I see his plan on offense is to proceed with a legion of average guys. Can't say it excites me.

Holy *****!  Did you not see Josh Allen running for his life last year?  Did you not see the opponents QB not running for his?   We needed 3 things out of this draft.  Someone to help give Allen more time, someone to make opposing QBs uncomfortable and a pass catching weapon for Allen.  ✔️✔️✔️.  By the way, Devin Singletary was either the 2nd or 3rd ranked RB on most all boards.  Undersized but the guy is a crazy good RB.   He is a great add to the position.  He might even be the starter towards the end of the season.  

Edited by Mark92
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 5ths the charm said:

I find it arrogant that anyone can say we don't have holes that a 4th or 5th rounder couldn't fill. That we are going with gadget rbs and project player TEs in the third round?

Pretty ironic that you bash the bills picks thinking you know more than them. What holes do we have that can be filled by these automatically good 4th &5th round picks 

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'll give the draft a C. The linemen were safe, ok picks. The "skill" players are unknowns at best. It's a passable draft. I see his plan on offense is to proceed with a legion of average guys. Can't say it excites me.

I just love this - you give them a C and say well the skill players are unknown (to you maybe) or it is just a bunch of average guys, but guys that study the NFL for a living like CBS, BR, PFF, John Wawrow,, ESPN, NFL network are all talking about how the Bills are killing it.  Who should I trust?

CBS has giving them all A’s and a B+ for the picks,

PFF has them as one of the top 5 best drafts.

The guys actually scouting this draft have listed Oliver as the best 3 technique in the draft (but he is only safe to you)

Cody Ford was projected to be a 1st round pick with position flexibility and can play the right side - which is what the Bills are looking for.

Singletary (depending on the board) was considered top 2 or 3 RB depending on what you were looking for and based on production and film many sites had him listed as early 2nd round pick.

Knox was another guy that fit exactly what they are looking for and many guys had him as the 3rd or 4th TE depending on what you want.  He was the 2nd best dual threat TE behind Hock because of his usage in college.

So please forgive me if I am not to worried about your C - because the guys that really understand the draft think they are hitting it out of the park and I see that they have a real plan and identity that they are drafting to.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And how many Aaron Donalds are there in the NFL exactly? If this guy fails, it'll be a lot easier to hide than, say, a wr. That's why he's a safe pick. By the way, it's ok to have a different opinion, you know, and it's not like I gave the draft an F.

Of course it's OK to have a different opinion, and feel free to give it an F.  I also have the right to say your opinion seems very uninformed,  which it is IMO.  But 40% of the country likes the President too, and I think their views-- which they are plainly entitled to-- are massively ignorant too.  That's what is great about this country, everyone gets to have an opinion no matter how misguided, and I get to have an opinion on other people's opinions. 

Edited by Casey D
  • Haha (+1) 1

I love this draft!! The Bills started off with the guy that they wanted. He is a perfect fit for what we are doing. They turned around and added, potentially, a Pro Bowl RT. From there, they got a guy that may be their number 1 back in a year. Singletary is a really, really good football player. Knox is a guy that’s as talented as any TE that I can remember the Bills having. He’s a super athlete that was misused like Oliver was. I think he’s the starter at TE. Overall I couldn’t be much happier with the way that these 1st 2 days went. I was hoping for Metcalf as I think he could be a number 1 but other than that no complaints. I’m hoping for Anthony Johnson today.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 9

5 hours ago, MtlBillsFan said:

I love Beane but the guy is human. I'm with the posters who thinks two 4th to move up to get Knox is a bit expensive. Is it a big deal? Probably not. But that is two less chance to hit for a starting player which is very likely in the 4th.

Go Bills!

It is not 2 less chances because they got a 3rd round pick for it.  So at most it is 1 less chance, but in dropping that 1 chance we increased the odds significantly by drafting a guy rated significantly higher.

The move up in front of NE also appeared to lead directly to them trading out of the 3rd - probably because we stole the TE they were targeting there. Another huge plus.

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No snark intended here, but how are those numbers calculated and what do they even mean

I have no idea but whatever they are it’s flawed. Jacksonville is having a great draft IMO. They got real value with Allen and Taylor and this looks like they are doing terribly. 

• Like (+1) 3