2nd Day Rumors

51 minutes ago, Augie said:

What’s the deal with J. Taylors knee? A week ago he was seen in mocks at #7. Is this new news? More injury vs condition? Do we even want him at 40? Or is he a steal there? 

I'm sure the top teams to pick in the 2nd have checked on this in the last 24 hours.

If there is nothing major to worry about a team willing to take the risk will be rewarded.

I'm hoping Beane assigned this "homework" to someone.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm sure the top teams to pick in the 2nd have checked on this in the last 24 hours.

If there is nothing major to worry about a team willing to take the risk will be rewarded.

I'm hoping Beane assigned this "homework" to someone.

Apparently he has knee, back and weight issues. Why is this news now

He was mocked to go 7 a few days ago! 

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Hes a pick machine.    He’s a jet.   

Hope he fails.   

Hey, I'm a Bills fan and I hope he falls on his face too. The Jets only won one of their last ten games and that single game was against Buffalo. The Bills were unable to sack Darnold and got to Allen three times. 

Judging by the turnovers his last season at USC and with the Jets last year all I can think of is Mr ButtFumble... who is also from USC. 

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

Apparently he has knee, back and weight issues. Why is this news now

He was mocked to go 7 a few days ago! 

The weight thing is old news.  He came to the combine at 312.

As to the back and knee, the Bills had him in for a visit and the team doc's are in charge of that.

We will all see in the beginning of tonight's 2nd round.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The weight thing is old news.  He came to the combine at 312.

As to the back and knee, the Bills had him in for a visit and the team doc's are in charge of that.

We will all see in the beginning of tonight's 2nd round.

Picking an SEC tackle in the second round who many projected to go in the first round...because of a bum knee?  Where have I heard this before?  Don't do it, Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

Stay at 40.  We're getting a great player there.  The board fell about as well as it could have yesterday for us and there is a ton of great talent still there.  So, stay at 40 and make a pick.  Then, if you want to try to trade back into the 2nd, fine.  But with the draft as deep as it is, it may be worth waiting even 1 more round to trade up.  Take a pick at 40 and in round 3 (74).  Then move back into round 3 to take another guy.  I could be talked into moving back into the 2nd and then using our 4th and 5th rounders to try and get back into the 3rd.  Honestly, we only need 4-5 players from this draft.  Might as well make them the best prospects possible.

very nicely said . The whole post

i highlighted my favorite bit

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Use the 4th (1 of them) and the 6th to go get DK!!

actually i could get behind this for WR

since Harry is gone
 what about that RT who fell to the second though ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Yeah, at this point in the draft, there are a lot of guys with similar grades, especially this year.  If we hang tight at 40, there will be some really good talent available.  Just like we did at 9...

Yes, but it might not be about good talent, in general, for Beane/McD.  It might be about good talent in a specific player they identify for whatever reasons.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Use the 4th (1 of them) and the 6th to go get DK!!

I’ll keep making this point-

we (myself included) loved getting the TE as a security blanket with clay. But our qb wasn’t a dink and dunk in the middle of the field type and he rarely showed value. 

Thats the long long way to say get a guy that plays to Allen’s strengths and not weaknesses. A big bodied, physical threat with straight line speed seems to be great for a guy that describes himself as always looking for the TD pass first.

46 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

very nicely said . The whole post

i highlighted my favorite bit

actually i could get behind this for WR

since Harry is gone
 what about that RT who fell to the second though ?

I think we could feasibly go after both a WR and OT early in the second. 

We don’t have room for all these picks and are loading up talent to win now. 

I wouldnt be opposed to securing two high picks tonight, and still looking to take in a vet in a trade (late pick for someone on an iffy contract for instance or who has been replaced by a draft pick) and not having much more ammo after that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I’ll keep making this point-

we (myself included) loved getting the TE as a security blanket with clay. But our qb wasn’t a dink and dunk in the middle of the field type and he rarely showed value. 

Thats the long long way to say get a guy that plays to Allen’s strengths and not weaknesses. A big bodied, physical threat with straight line speed seems to be great for a guy that describes himself as always looking for the TD pass first.

With that being said and we all know that Allen loves to go deep. He might already have enough deep weapons with Robert Foster and burner John Brown along with Zay Jones. 

This makes me wonder does Allen have enough protection that will allow him the time in the pocket to make those deep throws on a consistent basis? While I like Irv Smith at TE, I can't help but wonder if the team wouldn't be better off with Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford instead. EDIT, I wouldn't mind Dalton Risner either.

Edited by Nihilarian

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

With that being said and we all know that Allen loves to go deep. He might already have enough deep weapons with Robert Foster and burner John Brown along with Zay Jones. 

This makes me wonder does Allen have enough protection that will allow him the time in the pocket to make those deep throws on a consistent basis? While I like Irv Smith at TE, I can't help but wonder if the team wouldn't be better off with Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford instead.

Jinx lol

Just now, Nihilarian said:

This makes me wonder does Allen have enough protection that will allow him the time in the pocket to make those deep throws on a consistent basis? While I like Irv Smith at TE, I can't help but wonder if the team wouldn't be better off with Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford instead.

In my scenario I’m hoping for DK plus a lineman tonight. 

And I think we have enough for a passable line  at this point honestly. The pick would be to create depth/competition and stability longer term not to be a huge immediate impact probably if being honest about development of lineman.

but a wr room with:

beasley

brown

zay

dk (wildcard)

foster (wildcard still)

andre Roberts 

looks nice to me 

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

Whether or not they got the wrong QB is still debatable.  I think he’s going to be an excellent QB long term

I hope  Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, Rosen and Jackson are the face of NFL in the 2020s