If Devin White is there at 9 and we pick him, do we go 3-4 defense?

We could go Lawson/Lotulelei/Hughes backed with possibly Edmunds/Milano/White/Alexander.  

Your thoughts?

UPDATE!  Well, that's about what I figured the response would be.  Do I think switching to a 3-4 front 7 is a good idea?  Of course not.  Even if I did, we don't have the D-line personnel for that.  I do, however, think we should jump at the chance to draft Devin White if he is there at 9, although I don't think he will be there for us to get.  

Keep those hot opinions coming folks!

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

My thought is don’t take a LB anywhere near round 1

Actually, White is the best LB in the draft and is ranked a top 10 pick.  Not to mention, LB is the position that historically has the highest rate of success for 1st round picks.

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

We could go Lawson/Lotulelei/Hughes backed with possibly Edmunds/Milano/White/Alexander.  

Your thoughts?

Too many other pieces on our D aren’t good fits for a 3-4. I don’t think there’s anyway they’d switch because of 1 guy. Now, I’d take White at 9 if he was there, move Edmunds to an outside backer/edge hybrid and we’d be in business. Milano would still get plenty of time in coverage situations and LORAX could be exclusively a pass rusher.

I'm thinking we take White in the first and make Milano an OUTSIDE outside linebacker. I could easily see McDermott abandoning his entire defensive philosophy and switching to a 2-5 scheme.

Edited by LSHMEAB

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Actually, White is the best LB in the draft and is ranked a top 10 pick.  Not to mention, LB is the position that historically has the highest rate of success for 1st round picks.

We just don’t need any linebackers. There’s probably a good QB out there too. You just don’t build a team that way.