The fate of Ray-Ray McCloud?

13 hours ago, rayray808 said:

6th round pick - 187th overall last year.

As of now, this is how our depth chart looks:

LWR 00 Brown, John U/Bal 16 Foster, Robert CF18 19 McKenzie, Isaiah W/Den 13 Bolden Jr., Victor P/SF 87 Phillips, Cam CF18
RWR 11 Jones, Zay 17/2 14 McCloud, Ray-Ray 18/6 15 Scott, Da'Mari CF18 00 Williams, Duke SF19    
SWR 00 Beasley, Cole U/Dal 00 ROBERTS, ANDRE U/NYJ

With the draft coming up, and rumors of a true WR1 being drafted, do you guys think he remains with the team or is cut at some point? Does he have any trade value? If he makes the roster, will he actually see the field?

Zero trade value.  Needs to step up in a big way beginning 4/14 and then shine through TC to have a chance.

When Foster was brought back to the roster and starting to produce a comment McDermott made stuck out.  It was basically, this isnt college or high school anymore.  Players have to change their approach and become professionals.  I also, read that Ray Ray has not changed.  Mccloud would have to show he knows the playbook,  and shows he can become the back up slot to Beasley.  Imo he is a longshot.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

When Foster was brought back to the roster and starting to produce a comment McDermott made stuck out.  It was basically, this isnt college or high school anymore.  Players have to change their approach and become professionals.  I also, read that Ray Ray has not changed.  Mccloud would have to show he knows the playbook,  and shows he can become the back up slot to Beasley.  Imo he is a longshot.

There was a mid season video of McD chewing out RayRay for not taking practice seriously enough - he remained in the doghouse from that time onward and I don’t see him making it in the league unless his attitude changes.

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed. A lot of people were banging the table for Equanimous St. Brown at that point in the draft. He should have been the pick. Same with Austin Proehl, Trey Quinn taken right after him, is in line to win the Redskins slot receiver job while Proehl hangs around on practice squads. 

Yup and I was in that group.  He might not work out but I won’t mind a 6’5” burner in the 6th round.  This regime has a lot to prove on their ability to scout receivers.

10 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Ray Ray is McKenzie without the speed. I never understood that pick. Small/slow is not a great combination for an NFL receiver. He gone.

He wasn’t even a better slot receiver at Clemson than a 30 year old guy who looks a future professor.  I hated the Ray Ray pick as much as I’ve hated any 6th round pick in a long time for us.  I watched a bunch of Clemson games and he never had any big moves.  Even worse is he acts like he is some star.  If our receivers are improved, he shouldn’t be on the roster.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Do you guys follow him on IG?

I see more videos of pool parties than I do of him at the gym, after reading the posts about coach chewing him out and comment on professionalism maybe Buffalo might not be the best fit after all?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Do you guys follow him on IG?

I see more videos of pool parties than I do of him at the gym, after reading the posts about coach chewing him out and comment on professionalism maybe Buffalo might not be the best fit after all?

Haha.  I mean considering this is probably his last offseason on a nfl roster, he should enjoy himself.  I’d trade him for Hunter Renfrow in a second.  

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup and I was in that group.  He might not work out but I won’t mind a 6’5” burner in the 6th round.  This regime has a lot to prove on their ability to scout receivers.

He wasn’t even a better slot receiver at Clemson than a 30 year old guy who looks a future professor.  I hated the Ray Ray pick as much as I’ve hated any 6th round pick in a long time for us.  I watched a bunch of Clemson games and he never had any big moves.  Even worse is he acts like he is some star.  If our receivers are improved, he shouldn’t be on the roster.

Right. He played at a big time program, wasn't a standout, and is small/slow. It made no sense. Proehl was also a dud, but at least there was some intrigue. Like small possibility he'd be a 7th round gem. Either way, I feel decent about the small FAST receivers we acquired last season in Foster and to a lesser extent, McKittrick.

• Like (+1) 1

I think there is at least 4 on this list that could be either gone or moved to the practice squad (Ray Ray being one) to make room for a draft choice that will be better talent than what the others have !

My pick for a WR in the draft is N'Keel Harry i think he is the best & most NFL ready to make a instant impact & if drafted could even push Zay Jones into a sticky position ...

Edited by T master

another interesting thought: last year playing on this team during the Petterman era was probably the best opportunity for any WR to step up and earn playing time in the NFL, and yet McCloud couldn't do it... perhaps this league isn't for him after all?

44 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

another interesting thought: last year playing on this team during the Petterman era was probably the best opportunity for any WR to step up and earn playing time in the NFL, and yet McCloud couldn't do it... perhaps this league isn't for him after all?

The Peterman ERA? I'm not sure you know what that word means.