The fate of Ray-Ray McCloud?

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

Antonio Brown was also taken in the 6th round and was a WR5 his rookie season... maybe Ray-ray can do the same?

3 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

probably, but I am curious if other teams would make a trade for him and actually give him playing time?

No one wants you ray ray.

as a 6th rounder what did you do to improve your stock enough to be worth more despite a year less on your deal now?

3 hours ago, rayray808 said:

6th round pick - 187th overall last year.

As of now, this is how our depth chart looks:

LWR 00 Brown, John U/Bal 16 Foster, Robert CF18 19 McKenzie, Isaiah W/Den 13 Bolden Jr., Victor P/SF 87 Phillips, Cam CF18
RWR 11 Jones, Zay 17/2 14 McCloud, Ray-Ray 18/6 15 Scott, Da'Mari CF18 00 Williams, Duke SF19    
SWR 00 Beasley, Cole U/Dal 00 ROBERTS, ANDRE U/NYJ

With the draft coming up, and rumors of a true WR1 being drafted, do you guys think he remains with the team or is cut at some point? Does he have any trade value? If he makes the roster, will he actually see the field?

There's rumors of a true WR#1 being drafted? Who rumored that?

Oh....mock draft season, gotcha. Not really a rumor tho. More like speculation.

Either way, I don't see Ray Ray making it past first cuts

11 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

He'll have to show a lot more than he did last year to have any chance. Anybody know what the disciplinary problem was last year? Might well be a practice player candidate if not claimed on waivers.

He was late for a meeting..it's not a big deal now since Beane got his special teams guys in FA.He was drafted to be a gunner,possible return man..he failed at both jobs...and those pre season drops were brutal.

By not having him on the roster next year..is a improvement.

• Like (+1) 1

His odds of making the roster are slim to none.  John Brown and Cole Beasley are locks to make the team.  Andre Roberts, Zay Jones, and Robert Foster probably make the team.  McKenzie, Duke Williams and possibly a draft pick will compete for possibly one more WR roster spot.  Ray Ray has to be amazing when training camp starts to push himself into that last group.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Probably will be a Mighty Taco manager.

Great! Thanks a lot! Now I’m 800 miles away and hungry for something I can’t have! 

I suspect I’ll head to Newnan, GA for a trip to Duff’s next week.  I tried a couple months ago. It was cold and raining so hard it was hard to see the road. I decided I was not in that big of a hurry to make that long of a trip for lunch. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

It's Friday....no meat.

It would take me a while.....

(And I’m no longer strict about that kind of stuff, but I respect everyone’s preferences!) 

4 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

if talking about rayray.....so....mckenzie is better, but may be odd man out. rayray to p.s?

McKenzie is worth keeping around - he added a different dimension to the offense late last year, and if he could only hold onto the football on punt returns we'd have a real weapon there too. I just see a much clearer role for him than I do for Ray Ray

55 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

McKenzie is worth keeping around - he added a different dimension to the offense late last year, and if he could only hold onto the football on punt returns we'd have a real weapon there too. I just see a much clearer role for him than I do for Ray Ray

Ray Ray is McKenzie without the speed. I never understood that pick. Small/slow is not a great combination for an NFL receiver. He gone.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Ray Ray is McKenzie without the speed. I never understood that pick. Small/slow is not a great combination for an NFL receiver. He gone.

Agreed. A lot of people were banging the table for Equanimous St. Brown at that point in the draft. He should have been the pick. Same with Austin Proehl, Trey Quinn taken right after him, is in line to win the Redskins slot receiver job while Proehl hangs around on practice squads. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed. A lot of people were banging the table for Equanimous St. Brown at that point in the draft. He should have been the pick. Same with Austin Proehl, Trey Quinn taken right after him, is in line to win the Redskins slot receiver job while Proehl hangs around on practice squads. 

Yeah. I didn't like those picks with ESB available. He didn't set the world on fire with GB, but he's the kind of guy you take late. A small/slow guy like Proehl/McCloud becomes a player every once in a blue moon, but it was the wrong choice. I actually liked the Proehl pick more than the McCloud pick. There's just nothing there.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I agree that's why I was thinking of rayray to p.s. the question is, how many wrs do we carry?