Will the Bills move up for Quinnen Williams?

Nice thing about this years draft is that it does not feel like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders and don’t have to swing for the fences.

The Bills can stay put at #9 and get a really good player whether that is Oliver, Hock, Metcalf or one of the two OTs.  It is all good.

i would be content with any of these guys. 

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

I would love to see the Bills get Williams whether he drops to them or they move up. I really don’t think Ed Oliver is going to great. He is a great athlete but that only gets you great stats in college. Once he gets to the NFL I think he will be an average rotational player. Quinnen Williams is a beast bills need to find a way

How is one a projecting to a avg rotational player and the other a beast

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Quinnen Williams will go #2 to the 49ers, it would cost too much moving up to their spot.

I agree.

Quinnen can play, and I have probably watched every snap of his career at Alabama. He should have fresh legs too because he didn't play that much until 2018.

There are many more good things about this kid than there are concerns, but I'm not sure I would move from 9 to 2 for any DT under any conditions in the league today. As you say, the cost would be too much for what you would get in return imo. DTs do not dominate the way they used to because there is less running. There are no more Mean Joe Greene types who can dominate entire games, or at least none come to mind. It isn't what I prefer either mind you, just the reality of the current NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

Williams 24 games 26 TFL 10 Sacks. Or 1.5 plays per game  behind LOS 

Oliver 32 games 53 TFL 13.5 Sacks or 2.07 plays per game behind LOS 

so how is One a Beast and the Other a AVG Rotational Player???

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I’m not saying Oliver won’t be a great player, but that perception may be a result of one playing in the SEC and the other in the American West. 

Doesn’t matter as Oliver has all the tools you’re looking for at the 3 and that’s the most important factor. 

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

One plays in the SEC.  The other does not. 

30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Just spitballing here, but one played in the Southeast Conference and the other played in Conference USA (or whatever it's called)?  Or the fact that Q Williams played better this year than he did last year, whereas Oliver did the opposite?

46 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

One plays in the SEC.  The other does not. 

Yeah SEC players or Baka player NEVER bust LOL

47 minutes ago, mannc said:

Just spitballing here, but one played in the Southeast Conference and the other played in Conference USA (or whatever it's called)?  Or the fact that Q Williams played better this year than he did last year, whereas Oliver did the opposite?

Cool still waiting for the OPs thinking on a guy that is a phenomenal skill set is going to be a AVG Rotational Player. But the other guy with similar Skill sets is a BEAST. 

Dont give me the SEC crap. Busts out of the SEC all the time 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Oliver almost matched his SO numbers and played in 4 less games.  So I am not sure how that can be said that he played worse.

Bottom-line is there is not a major difference that would make me happy to see the Bills give up multiple picks to get in the top three to take Williams when they can sit at 9 and take Oliver who arguably can be the better prospect.

Now if we are talking about moving up for one of the premier edge guys now we are talking.

Edited by MAJBobby