Your Favorite Deep Sleepers (Draft)

TigerJ

We've had "sleeper" threads before, but we don't usually go too deep looking for them.  I'm suggesting that for this thread we look for guys who are likely to go no higher than round 6.  Players that you think might be UDFAs are OK too.  Most never amount to much, but they you get guys like Robert Foster or Levi Wallace, who prove you can still get lucky.  

My deep sleeper is a running back out of Florida Atlantic.  He's fast and he's shifty and he's versatile.  No, it's not Devin Singletary.  That would be too easy, and he's getting drafted before round 6.  I'm talking about Kerrith Whyte Jr. .  He was a teammate of Singletary.  He came out of High School with only one scholarship offer.  That only came from Florida Atlantic after Whyte attended a football camp at the university and ran faster than anyone else there.  Singletary was the high profile recruit at running back and didn't do anything to suggest he shouldn't be the starter, so Whyte backed him up and returned kicks.  As a backup last season he had a 6.5 yard per carry average and gained a totla of 866 yards on the ground.  He has great lateral quickness and at his pro day ran a 4.37 40.  His off field character is spotless.  

So, who do you like that nobody has ever heard of? 

Edited by TigerJ
Make title less vague
  • Like (+1) 3

Great topic.  Here are my picks:

1.  McGary--OT, Washington.  Walter Football has him going in the 6th, I think he goes before then.

2.  Wes Hills, RB, Slippery Rock.  Good size and speed, but competition not very great. 

3.  J. Custis, Syracuse, WR.   Great size.  Not very fast, however.  Could emerge as a red-zone target. 

4.  Nauta, GA TE.  Has the traits, could have been a scheme issue at GA?

5.  Humphrey, WR-Texas.  Would not go so late in the draft, if not for off-field issues.   

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Great topic.  Here are my picks:

1.  McGary--OT, Washington.  Walter Football has him going in the 6th, I think he goes before then.

2.  Wes Hills, RB, Slippery Rock.  Good size and speed, but competition not very great. 

3.  J. Custis, Syracuse, WR.   Great size.  Not very fast, however.  Could emerge as a red-zone target. 

4.  Nauta, GA TE.  Has the traits, could have been a scheme issue at GA?

5.  Humphrey, WR-Texas.  Would not go so late in the draft, if not for off-field issues.   

Rashad Gary is faster than him!

With the Bills last pick In round 7 they should select Offensive Center , James O’Hagan from UB

a bit on the smaller size but has great technique as a pass blocker and has a wrestling background... hasn’t allowed a sack in 3 years

• Like (+1) 4

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

With the Bills last pick In round 7 they should select Offensive Center , James O’Hagan from UB

a bit on the smaller size but has great technique as a pass blocker and has a wrestling background... hasn’t allowed a sack in 3 years

When I looked him up, I didn't think he was THAT small.  He's listed at the UB website as 6'3" 305.  That's 2 lbs heavier than McCoy, and 1 inch taller (1 lb. lighter) that Garrett Bradbury, two of the top centers in the draft.  I think that would be a very cool sleeper pick for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1