UB Nate Oats leaving to go to Alabama

Reed83HOF

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

Fooled me.

I should have known better.

If it was truly an equitable system all the players would now be able to leave on a free transfer without having to sit out but they cant. Fortunately for UB most of their players are JUCO transfers and only have 2 years of eligibility anyway.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

If it was truly an equitable system all the players would now be able to leave on a free transfer without having to sit out but they cant. Fortunately for UB most of their players are JUCO transfers and only have 2 years of eligibility anyway.

If it was truly an honorable system, coaches would honor the paper they put their signature on.

And I agree about the players being free to move without the sit-out.

Whatever. If he couldn’t get it done with this roster he was never going to. Texas Tech absolutely embarrassed him. UB was woefully underprepared. Does Alabama even have a decent Basketball program? I don’t rememer hearing about them making any noise in the past few years. 

Edited by Bills2ref

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Whatever. If he couldn’t get it done with this roster he was never going to. Texas Tech absolutely embarrassed him. UB was woefully underprepared. 

There is a difference between MAC good and Big 12/SEC good.  UB had no interior game to speak of, were generally small, and extremely reliant on making shots from the outside. Texas Tech is one of the best defensive teams in the country. They shut lots of people down and if you are 1 dimensional it's easier.

Recruiting to Alabama for basketball isn't easy. Lots of competition and they don't really have a strong tradition. Avery Johnson came from the NBA and couldn't get it done recruiting wise. He also doesn't have Bobby Hurley's name recognition when he's sitting in someone's living room. A rotating group of JUCO mercenaries isn't going to get it done in the SEC. You need your share of one and dones or you are toast. Welcome to the big leagues Nate. If you can't recruit from Day 1 you'll be back at a mid major in 3 years.