Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I love how Beane isn't committing to a lot of these guys long term. Love how he wants to see how they fit here before signing them long term

I think it is two sided here as well. I suspect when we see contract details Spain has signed at a pretty modest price. My guess on how this went down is that the Bills were interested in him early but he had a number in his head that we were not willing to go to so we went out and signed Feliciano. Then Spain realised his market was more at the price Buffalo offered than the price in he and his agent's head. Beane then rings him back and says "we are still interested" and he and his agent say "we will take that for one year" and bet on him to prove his value and have another dip at a big UFA deal in 2020. That is my take on how we ended up here.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Lol.   A real heavy hitter of a sports journalist on that story...

Crissy Froyd is a current student residing in Spring, TX. She intends to transfer to LSU to major in Mass Communications, and pursue a career in sportscasting.

Crissy Froyd

I'm gonna buck the inevitable trend and say no.

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I kind of like this one-year contract strategy. See who works and who doesn't, THEN extend.

Beane signed so many guys on 1 year deals or team options, next year there may be enough other signings for Comp Pick gymnastics which didn’t seem possible before this haul of FAs

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Man, the Bills have taken the Titans to the woodshed three times this week:  1) Bills - Best fans, 2) Josh Allen - best play, and 3) now Spain.  lol

I'd rather have that playoff game instead of these meaningless "wins"

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Beane signed so many guys on 1 year deals or team options, next year there may be enough other signings for Comp Pick gymnastics which didn’t seem possible before this haul of FAs

He's a wizard, despite what the ScottLaws and BADOLs of the world tell us.

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I'd rather have that playoff game instead of these meaningless "wins"

That's the spirit. Must stomp on any enthusiasm wherever and whenever possible!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Great point. I was thinking the same but they are low tier guys that probably wont sign big deals in 2020. I guess Lawson or Hughes could walk next off season and sign decent sized deals but that seems less likely

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Great point. I was thinking the same but they are low tier guys that probably wont sign big deals in 2020. I guess Lawson or Hughes could walk next off season and sign decent sized deals but that seems less likely

Spain will sign a big deal next year somewhere. I'd like that to be here though.

• Like (+1) 1

This player was undrafted, not retained by his original team, and then signed a one year deal. I never heard of him before. We seem to be very exited over this signing and I hope that he winds up in the Pro Bowl.

That said, can someone tell me what specifically he excels at. Is he just so good that we should overlook OL help in the draft?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is exactly how I see it. I think this absolutely ends the Dawkins to guard talk. He is staying at tackle.

Since they have a starting center and like 6 candidates for 2 guard jobs and only 3 for the 2 tackle jobs(not counting C. McDermott) then that would seem to be the case at this point.

But if they draft a highly regarded LT prospect(Tytus Howard?) in the first 3 rounds I could still see them moving Dawkins inside and letting Nsekhe place hold at his best position as the LT.

I hope they don't select a RT in the first round though.........that would be drought-Billsy.

It would be reasonable to draft a LT to replace the guy who gave up 8 sacks and struggled last year though..........you can have an otherwise solid line but if your LT can't hold up in pass pro that makes it hard on a young QB who is best suited to pushing the ball downfield.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Well no sh**!   However, fans don't play football, but fans can display their fandom and support of their franchise.  SMH

wow, you guys a bit sensitive this morning?

21 minutes ago, R Y G A R said:

I'm loving all of the OL signings. Does anyone wonder about the cohesiveness with potentially 5 guys that never played along side each other before? How long will it take the new OL to gel? OTOH it has to be better than last years line by default ?

I mentioned this somewhere but Morse cures all. Having a high end center makes a line gel. It's about communication and feel and Morse is all about that stuff. Morse played with a revolving door of guards the last few years and KC's line never missed a beat. 

Spain next to Dawkins feels right. Spain is very similar to Richie in terms of style of play and things of that nature. Dawkins was at his best playing next to Richie. Morse is by far the best center Spain has ever played with as well. 

The right side is question marks, but a guy like Nsekhe, who has been a backup and literally played everywhere should be able to work with anybody with no issue. 

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Since they have a starting center and like 6 candidates for 2 guard jobs and only 3 for the 2 tackle jobs(not counting C. McDermott) then that would seem to be the case at this point.

But if they draft a highly regarded LT prospect(Tytus Howard?) in the first 3 rounds I could still see them moving Dawkins inside and letting Nsekhe place hold at his best position as the LT.

I hope they don't select a RT in the first round though.........that would be drought-Billsy.

It would be reasonable to draft a LT to replace the guy who gave up 8 sacks and struggled last year though..........you can have an otherwise solid line but if your LT can't hold up in pass pro that makes it hard on a young QB who is best suited to pushing the ball downfield.

That is true - they could I suppose go: Nsekhe - Dawkins - Morse - Spain - draft pick

I just maintain what I have already said about this (even though you know I share your view that Dawkins could be a dominant LG and will only ever be a serviceable LT)..... I am only moving Dawkins from LT to play Nsekhe there if I have already decided Dawkins is not my long term LT. If I still think he might be then I am sticking with him at that spot (I suspect the Bills still think he might be) rather than moving him about to accommodate a 33 year old career backup. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Spain will sign a big deal next year somewhere. I'd like that to be here though.

I could also see a former 1st round corner like Kevin Johnson cashing in somewhere if he stays healthy and has a good year. Positional value and young age will help there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1